Pets added to Chal Modes

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us
Pets added to Chal Modes

Post by Simmias » June 15th, 2014, 6:02 am

Would you complete challenge modes if pets were added to the rewards? This expansion it was mounts for silver rating, which look amazing btw, but if they added pets it'd compell me to do them even more!

Transmog and weapon skins have never really mattered to me tbh.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Re: Pets added to Chal Modes

Post by Graven » June 15th, 2014, 6:52 am

I must be missing something. Isn't the [pet]Thundering Serpent Hatchling[/pet] already a reward from challenge mode dungeons?

Gabrizar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13567
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gabrizar » June 15th, 2014, 10:19 am

I am one of those that paid 60-80 k for a gold run after I heard you would get all 4 mounts and not just one for completing gold.

I paid it, because my chance of getting it would be less then 5 % otherwise, being in a 2 mans guild and quitted all raiding in Wrath other then a lfr when I want to, and I consider myself a mount collector too, thou nowhere near as with pets.

I for one would HATE it, if they added pets to the chal mode, because I would feel kinda "forced" into buying it again, instead of me going "Fine, now it is 4 mounts instead of just 1, so I will pay it now".
I know no one would really be able to FORCE me into it, but me wanting all pets, I wouldnt see it as a option.

I hope it will only be tranm gear, and maybe some ugly mounts I wont care much about unless the deal gets a lot sweeter.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » June 15th, 2014, 1:22 pm

Gabrizar wrote:I for one would HATE it, if they added pets to the chal mode, because I would feel kinda "forced" into buying it again, instead of me going "Fine, now it is 4 mounts instead of just 1, so I will pay it now".
I know no one would really be able to FORCE me into it, but me wanting all pets, I wouldnt see it as a option.
Yeah, I agree with you. Personally, I don't really have a problem with things like the challenge mode in general. If they had been offered in a way that was more open (in general), I'd be okay but I work a grave and play when only a handful of people are online.

Every guild I've been in for the past two years has never, ever asked around to see if anyone wants to do challenge modes when I'm online. Hell, even in trade and I'm on a very big server. The only shouts I've seen is for people selling the runs. I'm sure my guilds do them. Some of them have the guild pet, but it's never when I'm on.

It's bad enough to have to pay through the nose for raid pets that drop only in flex ~ heroic mode (again, I'm either asleep or working when everyone is raiding) but I'd rather not have another 100k or two on top of that.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 15th, 2014, 3:57 pm

Challenge modes should remain cosmetic rewards.

Ive tried them, I find them hideously stressful. I really hoped that Blizzard would go away from the timed model in WoD.

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » June 16th, 2014, 8:59 am

Luciandk wrote:Challenge modes should remain cosmetic rewards.

Ive tried them, I find them hideously stressful. I really hoped that Blizzard would go away from the timed model in WoD.
I've heard that they're retiring the mount when WoD comes out so perhaps they'll get rid of the whole concept of them.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » June 16th, 2014, 9:49 am

Kendrah wrote:I've heard that they're retiring the mount when WoD comes out so perhaps they'll get rid of the whole concept of them.
They are retiring the MoP CM with the 6.0 patch, which includes all their rewards (title, mount, gear, teleport).

But there will be new CMs for the new WoD dungeons. These new dungeons will reward gear (more or less LFR quality epics) for completing them (regardless of speed) and cosmetic rewards for being fast (like the transmog set for gold).

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » June 16th, 2014, 12:41 pm

I'm buying the gold run in a couple weeks, but for me, it's more about the achievement points and not anything else. I'm an achievement hunter first, pet collector second... mount collector third since I'm down to mount runs, having got all the pets you can without paying real money. That is a boatload of achieves that I have been itching for for so long.

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » June 16th, 2014, 9:18 pm

currently selling 9/9 gold if anyone was interested :P You'd have to have the gold on the oceanic server Frostmourne thoug and yes, they current rewards and titles going away in 6.0. You still get to keep the teleports and you get all four mounts.

The next set of Cmodes are adding some weapon skins and Gear transmog. I'm dreaming that one day it will be pets :P

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » June 17th, 2014, 3:13 am

Worgenbait wrote:I'm buying the gold run in a couple weeks, but for me, it's more about the achievement points and not anything else.
Whenever an achievement is no longer obtainable, Blizzard turns it into a FoS which will no longer award any points. If achievement points is all you're after you can save your gold as the points for CM achievements are only temporary and will go away with 6.0 when the achievements will be turned into a FoS.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » June 18th, 2014, 6:27 am

probably an unpopular opinion here - the more diverse pet sources are, the better. it is an incentive to do more different things in the game. of course, i don't like pvp, but a pet would make me do it and maybe even enjoy it? if not - it's just another grind. no different to catching wild pets.

so, yes please, pets as CM rewards would be great! but they should not be limited!

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » June 18th, 2014, 4:48 pm

Ril wrote:probably an unpopular opinion here - the more diverse pet sources are, the better. it is an incentive to do more different things in the game. of course, i don't like pvp, but a pet would make me do it and maybe even enjoy it? if not - it's just another grind. no different to catching wild pets.
What? You can't compare the two. It's oranges and starfruit. The excuse of 'forcing you to see different things in the game' falls apart if that person can't get to that content.

When was the last time you needed a group of people to catch those wild pets or you needed four or five buddies to queue for pvp pet battles?

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » June 18th, 2014, 4:53 pm

I tend to agree with Kendrah. I am one of those players who really doesn't have the time to do challenge mode stuff, or any sort of raid stuff. So I'd be totally left out. Not only do I not have the time, but that drives me to not have the gear either, which puts me farther away from getting that pet.

Not everyone has the means to access every part of this game.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com