Bugs bugs bugs... anybody else?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ocarinamoon
Pet Score:4202
BattleTag®:Squish#1863
Realm:Ravenholdt-us
Bugs bugs bugs... anybody else?

Post by Ocarinamoon » May 20th, 2014, 2:54 am

Over the weekend I was completing my usual routine through B of F and other pet dailies. Once again I hit the bug where I kill a beast and it doesn't count. This time it happened with Kawi the Gorger and Skitterer. Kawi took me 3 times (I reloaded after 3rd time and it worked) and Skitterer 3 times as well. Reloading didn't work for Skitterer. Then after finally completing all 3 quests I fly back and lo and behold I have 2 others that were not counted that I didn't even notice. I am taking a temporary break from this because it is becoming a chore and not fun anymore.
I started looking up the bugs and it looks like it has been over a year now that Blizzard has not bothered to fix this. I also remember when I completed the B of F quest for the very first time, I was so excited I hearthed back and couldn't wait to open my bags. Turns out it didn't count my Nitun win. NITUN of ALL beasts fml (this was before I had a good team for him). Then my whole quest disappeared completely. The little blue exclamation mark was above the quest giver. Made a ticket and dude was nice but not any help.
So... is anyone else still affected by these bugs? I love this game, and I don't want to sound dramatic or like I am overreacting, but I am seriously disenchanted with WoW right now, 70% of it being issues with pet battle bugs. Thanks for reading.

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Re: Bugs bugs bugs... anybody else?

Post by Mykro9 » May 20th, 2014, 4:07 am

Yes yes, and Yes!! =(

I had this happen with several of the BoF. Logging and then refighting worked sometimes, but on fights like Lucky Yi, where it can be a longish RNG fight, it sux to have to redo it. My only trouble even with him is just a crit chance on his attacks, other than that, the same old [pet]Pandaren Water Spirit[/pet] and [pet]Chrominius[/pet] like most of the rest, just double [ability]bite[/ability] after [ability]howl[/ability]. In fact, I only change up on Nitun, as far as BoF goes, and use undead only, so he cannot get his heal off at all, and on Dos-Ryga, I do the same ole same ole but have a [pet]Blighthawk[/pet] as the third.
mykro9#1585

Envec
Top Rater
Pet Score:3244
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Envec » May 20th, 2014, 9:32 am

Yep, I am still having that bug as well. Super annoying when you don't notice it till after you are half way across the continent. As far as Lucky Yi goes. I have found that my P/P Zandalari Anklerender can solo him and I use 3 crows for Dos Ryga. Well, Crow, Raven and Dread Hatchling.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » May 20th, 2014, 10:38 am

Yeah, I get that too a lot. It's so freakin' annoying. Some part of me wants to think that it has something to do with who picked the quest up first. I've noticed that, sometimes, I'll do the reload or relog trick and that won't work or I'll go up to the NPC who gives the quest and it'll show the quest is there, even though I have it. I'll not be able to delete the quest (even if I haven't completed any of the actual fights) until I get onto the character that first picked up the quest. Yes, I have done the whole quest, only to realize that it didn't count one or all of the kills. /sigh

I get this non-credit bug a whole ton on my pvp weekly. I haven't bothered to finished that because it seems half the battles either don't count or the quest will be mysteriously gone when I come back online. :roll: It's frustrating.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » May 20th, 2014, 11:22 am

The only time I notice the bug is when I am in queue for a raid. Is this something others have noticed, or am I the only one that has been affected in this manner?

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » May 20th, 2014, 11:55 am

I have been hit by this a couple times and like you it seems to occur when I've been doing something like LFR or I am queued for one. I suspect somehow phasing/cross realms isn't always working well with account wide quests.

Ocarinamoon

Post by Ocarinamoon » May 20th, 2014, 6:40 pm

Thanks all for responding. I don't feel so alone now knowing that others are still having problems!

Mykro- I "cheat" for Lucky Yi. I use a roach w/apoc and then switch in my emerald proto whelp to heal through it. This also takes awhile too but it's a sure bet to win.

Envec- I use my raven and 2 moths but sometimes I use my rave, one moth and Chrominius. I prefer the Chrominus group to knock him down.

Kendrah- I only use my one main for pet stuff so haven't exp that.

Worgenbait/kpb- That is curious you say that b/c usually I am in que for pvp while I am going in between pet questing. I haven't thought of that before so maybe that is a reason why the bugs appear!

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » May 21st, 2014, 12:22 pm

Ocarinamoon wrote:Mykro- I "cheat" for Lucky Yi. I use a roach w/apoc and then switch in my emerald proto whelp to heal through it. This also takes awhile too but it's a sure bet to win.
You should do Lucky and the silkworm (forgot that one's name) with 2 Zanda knee/ankle (p/p or p/s or s/s) and a random third. It takes like three or four turns to kill this way. Just hit them with black claw and use hunting party, then bloodfang if the pet is still alive or swap in the new raptor and use hunting party again. :lol: It's sooooooooooo much faster this way. Only like 25% of the time do I actually have to switch in another raptor (that's generally only with the silkworm because it has that feed ability.)

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » May 21st, 2014, 1:25 pm

I agree. A p/p raptor will solo Lucky Yi as long as Yi uses at least one turn not attacking and does his heal or his buff. For the worm I like to use a raptor that is faster so that you make sure you get you attack off and leave a round of debuff up from hunting party. With slower raptors and bad luck he can kill a full team of raptors.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 21st, 2014, 2:38 pm

Yea, account-wide quests are still bugged to hell. I've gone to Shrine before only to find all 3 BoF quests and the weekly pvp quest have just disappeared from my quest log. Never re-accept the quests if this happens though - it seems they are still there, just hidden. A /reload or relog usually (but not always) sorts it...

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 21st, 2014, 2:44 pm

Kpb321 wrote:I agree. A p/p raptor will solo Lucky Yi as long as Yi uses at least one turn not attacking and does his heal or his buff. For the worm I like to use a raptor that is faster so that you make sure you get you attack off and leave a round of debuff up from hunting party. With slower raptors and bad luck he can kill a full team of raptors.
Just start with a raptor that has primal cry - guaranteed win.
This is how my Yi fights go;

Carry pet in for 1 round. (it's only ~300 xp but better than nothing)
Swap in zandalari (p/p)
Primal Cry
Black Claw
Hunting Party

Either he will be dead after this, or almost dead and debuffed so you can bring in another raptor and finish him off before he gets another turn.

Ocarinamoon

Post by Ocarinamoon » May 21st, 2014, 9:16 pm

Thank you all for the strats! I will try this on my next turn with Lucky Yi! :D

Riddley
Pet Score:10464
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Riddley » May 27th, 2014, 4:38 pm

I solo Lucky Yi with a P/P Kunli Runt. On the very rare occasion I have to go to a second pet, I have a Yeti and another Kunli in waiting.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » May 27th, 2014, 9:41 pm

For both Kawi and Lucky I use foxes. First one dazzling dance, then just howl bite repeat. Never fails (on either).

Ocarinamoon

Post by Ocarinamoon » May 28th, 2014, 8:02 pm

Riddley... thanks for the strat, I tried this last night and worked great!

Hootstwo... a fox is a great idea I will add him to my Lucky Yi lineup. I use the fox and Runt for Kawi as wel.

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » May 30th, 2014, 11:47 am

Lil Bad Wolf solos Lucky Yi easily

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » June 1st, 2014, 9:35 am

Kendrah wrote:
Ocarinamoon wrote:Mykro- I "cheat" for Lucky Yi. I use a roach w/apoc and then switch in my emerald proto whelp to heal through it. This also takes awhile too but it's a sure bet to win.
You should do Lucky and the silkworm (forgot that one's name) with 2 Zanda knee/ankle (p/p or p/s or s/s) and a random third. It takes like three or four turns to kill this way. Just hit them with black claw and use hunting party, then bloodfang if the pet is still alive or swap in the new raptor and use hunting party again. :lol: It's sooooooooooo much faster this way. Only like 25% of the time do I actually have to switch in another raptor (that's generally only with the silkworm because it has that feed ability.)
You should just use 2 Zandalari, an Kneebiter and Anklerender. First use Leap, then Black Claw, then Hunting Party, if the first Zandalari dies (which can happen) bring in the second. When the second comes in if there is >2 Black Claw stacks left use Hunting Party, or if not, apply Black Claw again and use Hunting Party.

I use 2 Zandalari on KaWi, LuckyYi, and Nitun, and Skitterer