Secondary pets in battle -- breed

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Secondary pets in battle -- breed

Post by Quintessence » May 25th, 2014, 5:47 pm

I know if you forfeit a wild battle without defeating the first pet in the lineup, the secondary pets have a chance to change skins/sizes (if applicable) but what about breed? I really don't pay attention to breed so much, so I'm in the dark about this one.

Is the breed of the second and third pet locked in like the quality of the pets? Can the breed of the secondary pets change after forfeiting? I'm testing this on the Timeless Isle, but so far no luck with any changes in breed.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Secondary pets in battle -- breed

Post by Peanutty » May 25th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Breed and rarity of secondary pets will not change upon forfeit-resetting, only skins (colors and sizes). Primary pets will not change any of the above (breed, rarity, skins) upon forfeit-resetting.

The nice part of this I suppose is that if you find a pet with a certain breed or rarity you desire but oops, didn't have your capture team ready to go, you know when you initiate battle again that the desired breed/rarity will still be there (trying to get that perfect breed + rarity + skin combo is the part that drives me nuts... I'm sure if anyone stands around while I'm pet battling they'll wonder what's with the crazy person who forfeits and then battles the same group of pets over and over again).

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Secondary pets in battle -- breed

Post by Quintessence » May 25th, 2014, 6:08 pm

Peanutty wrote:Breed and rarity of secondary pets will not change upon forfeit-resetting, only skins (colors and sizes).
Thanks for confirming this! Handy information should I ever get picky about breeds.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com