Stuck on Brok

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tunguska
MVP
Pet Score:13349
Realm:Doomhammer-us
Stuck on Brok

Post by Tunguska » October 21st, 2012, 6:12 pm

He's the trainer in Mount Hyjal. I'm having problems with Kali who seems to like to cast flash (I think it's that one), which makes my pets unable to hit. The spell can be cast every third round it seems, and in between that and the arcane explosion, I'm toast.

I have a number of 25's at this point, and I can level another one up quickly enough if it would be a help. I tried a strand crab, deathy, a clockwork gnome, swapped in an Ony Whelpling (only 23 though), and tried a water waveling (24), a zergling and a dancing water skimmer. So far nothing has worked.

Do I need to let the Ony Whelpling hit 25 and then come back?

Malenrhen
Pet Score:7124
Realm:Duskwood-us

Re: Stuck on Brok

Post by Malenrhen » May 24th, 2014, 1:34 am

I know this is an older post, but I am also stuck on this guy......frustratingly so. I would love to hear what teams people use to take him out as I am getting decimated by Kali's flash blinding all my pets >.<....I've tried combos of dragonkin, beast and mechanical, but the best I can do is all mine dead with the roach still at half health! HALP PLZ!!!!1

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » May 24th, 2014, 2:05 am

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling does wonders against him. Start with any other pet who can take the first blind. Hard swap in the MPD attack once then decoy then finish him off. The decoy will block the blind and it's pretty easy. The MPD should finish the second pet and then any good crab should finish off the last pet. A crab is really effective because of the shield which completely negates the swarm dmg and avoids getting the debuff.

The same basic process would probably work with your emerald proto welp. Take the first blind with a pet, hard swap the welp in, breath once then proto strike, then one or two more breaths to finish off the first pet.
Last edited by Kpb321 on May 24th, 2014, 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » May 24th, 2014, 2:06 am

I can't say that I remember that fight. But it sounds like the Anubisath Idol could be helpful. Deflection sounds like it can be used on every Flash to avoid being Blinded and then cast Sandstorm to shield you back line pets.

Perhaps.

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » May 24th, 2014, 3:21 am

Malenrhen wrote:I've tried combos of dragonkin, beast and mechanical, but
Often the best dragonkin damage will come from Scorched Earth.

Brok is minimalized by a scorched earth/flame breath elemental like a Fel Flame (2,2,1), a beastie type (zandalari anklerender or most other beasts), and a clockwork gnome, or some other spammable mechanical attack pet.

This guy really isn't all that tough. If you need to take a week or two to level a pet to beat him, you will only be making the later tamers that much easier, so do it.

Tataluibob
Top Rater
Pet Score:11349
BattleTag®:Tataluibob#2775
Realm:Vashj-eu

Post by Tataluibob » May 24th, 2014, 6:28 am

You will find the best answer here :

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... =10&t=7023

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » May 24th, 2014, 8:26 am

Tataluibob wrote:You will find the best answer here :

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... =10&t=7023
A slightly more up to date version of that:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... =10&t=7556
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » May 24th, 2014, 8:52 am

I start with a clockwork gnome to drop a turret, and then switch in a s/s toenibbler for black claw. Then swap back to the gnome for another turret. After that, its game over

Landi
Pet Score:10480
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Landi » May 24th, 2014, 10:13 pm

I use the Anubisath Idol (as Vek suggested above). Deflect when blinded, and Sandstorm as soon as I can. I use an Anodonized RoboCub (I think mine is P/S) which takes care of the second pet pretty fast. Then I alternate carry pet/Idol/RoboCub against the last cockroach pet. Sometimes I'm lame and I get the carry pet killed but still win. I do this one almost daily (Stormwind portal to Hyal and then fly to Everlook to get the bag from Trixxy).

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » May 25th, 2014, 9:39 am

My notes seem to suggest that I ran Wild Crimson Hatchling, XT (with trample) and Baby Ape. If that's of any help!

Riddley
Pet Score:10464
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Riddley » May 27th, 2014, 4:18 pm

I run a carry pet in slot 1, a Mech Panda Dragon in 2 and a Lil' Bling in 3.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » May 27th, 2014, 4:24 pm

Pretty sure I went the Anubisath Idol route too. Just deflect the blind attack since you know when it's coming, and go to town. 8-)
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com