Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Having sky lantern trouble? guild pets thread too

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 21st, 2014, 8:31 am

Hey folks

So if you are in guild on both Alliance and Horde side on different realms, and you have these 'pets', does this mean a person with only 2 of them (presuming your collections are equal otherwise) will have a better pet score?

My guild pages and heralds are still showing as needing to be upgraded even though i know at least 2 are rare...maybe I'm remembering wrong and I didnt upgrade them but I have lots of stones and will check later. In the meantime, I wondered if a person had 2 of these at rare would your pet score be different than if you had 4 at rare?
Last edited by Tekulve2012 on May 22nd, 2014, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554

Re: Guild Page/ Herald and pet score question...

Post by Kpb321 » May 21st, 2014, 9:24 am

The alliance and horde versions should count separately towards your score but they are one of those bugged pets where the armory doesn't show their correct quality so that affects warcraft pets too.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 21st, 2014, 12:12 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:I wondered if a person had 2 of these at rare would your pet score be different than if you had 4 at rare?
If you mean 2 Alliance Guild Pages and 2 Alliance Guild Heralds (both rare quality), no, a person's score would not increase versus a player with one rare quality Alliance Guild Page/Guild Herald. Duplicates aren't included in your WarcraftPets pet score (more information on pet score can be found here).

However, if you are referring to the fact that the Guild Page and Guild Herald can come in two sets, Horde and Alliance, then yes, I do believe that owning each of those companions will add a little boost to your score.

As [profile]Kpb321 [/profile]mentioned though, the WoW armory still doesn't show the correct quality for pets that don't battle. Rather than showing the quality of the pet as it is listed in your Pet Journal, it shows the quality of the item that teaches the pet.

On top of that, for some reason it only recognizes the original pet quality (uncommon) for non-battling pets, so even if you've upgraded a Guild Page or Herald to rare in-game using a battlestone, it won't count in the armory. This causes all kinds of strange import behavior, leading to non-battling pets being listed as uncommon on WarcraftPets.

TLDR; The quality of the Guild Page and Guild Herald won't have any real effect on your pet score (for now).

Sidenote: We're conducting an on-going experiment of sorts with automatically upgrading everyone's Argent Squire/Grunt (non-battling companions) to rare quality. Breanni explains it here. You may not need to worry about the quality of your Guild Heralds and Guild Pages in the end. But that's still something we're working on and considering. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 21st, 2014, 12:58 pm

Part of the reason I asked was that I noticed in the pet stats that the % of uncommon and % of rare are listed. Consequently, in my pets to upgrade section I have 4 guild pets since i have a pair in each faction.

Those who only run guild pets in one faction would then have a "% of rares" advantage in their collection.

( I'm basing this on the % # of pets that this site's collection page tells me I still need to upgrade)

Sorry if it seems I'm being obtuse but I've set a goal to get to a pet score of 3000 and I presume every bit helps.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554

Post by Kpb321 » May 21st, 2014, 1:28 pm

Having both the Alliance and Horde versions will help your score but stoning them won't matter.

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 21st, 2014, 6:46 pm

Whoops...my pet score goal needs to be adjusted to 3500 ..the new calculation method pushed me to 3420 ...thanks WCP

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » May 21st, 2014, 11:37 pm

I think the Sky Lantern isn't in the score anymore. Mine just dropped a little when I updated it as well!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » May 22nd, 2014, 12:45 am

Oh Sky Lantern, when will you be fixed? :(

You should be able to add the Sky Lantern manually to your collections now, please let us know if you still run into problems with this pet.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Presto
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Presto#1944
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Presto » May 22nd, 2014, 5:34 am

My Sky Lantern has disappeared from my collected list, as well. I don't see it as a manual add option. When I look it up and click "Got it", I get the Armory says you don't have it" message... even tho I logged back in, summoned it and logged totally out of game.

Interestingly, Armory does not show it in either my collected or in my uncollected lists.

I tried to repurchase it, but there is no option to release it and I am unable to have more than one... at least that's what it told me when I tried to add another one.

note: even tried renaming it to see if that might cause it to register. no soap.
Presto says, "Let's trade!!" :P (btag: Presto#1944)

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » May 22nd, 2014, 5:46 am

Presto wrote:My Sky Lantern has disappeared from my collected list, as well. I don't see it as a manual add option.
Have you tried adding it to your collection on the Update Pet Collection page? Below the Reimport Pets button, there should be a section where you can manually check the Sky Lantern as collected. It's currently showing for me -- let us know if it's not appearing for you and we'll look into it.

Presto
Top Rater

Post by Presto » May 22nd, 2014, 5:52 am

It does not appear there for me, atm, Q. Only Dread Hatchling and Treasure Goblin appear. It should be in the same section that they are in, right?

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 22nd, 2014, 8:17 am

Hello Quintessence
I have the same sky lantern addition issue. I have updated my collection a few times and no go. I have the Treasure Goblin as a possible manual add on ...but no Sky Lantern. :cry:

Thanks if the admin gets a chance to look into it 8-)

Tekulve2012

Re: Having sky lantern trouble? guild pets thread too

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 22nd, 2014, 10:17 am

update
my sky lantern problem remedied...thanks!! ;) :D :P

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » May 22nd, 2014, 11:08 am

Presto wrote:It does not appear there for me, atm, Q. Only Dread Hatchling and Treasure Goblin appear. It should be in the same section that they are in, right?
Yes, it should appear in the same section as the Dread Hatchling and Treasure Goblin. I've sent in an inquiry about the missing option for the Sky Lantern, so hopefully we'll have this resolved soon.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » May 22nd, 2014, 12:46 pm

Presto wrote:It does not appear there for me, atm, Q. Only Dread Hatchling and Treasure Goblin appear. It should be in the same section that they are in, right?
Try checking again now. Somehow it got retoggled as available through Armory import. But I changed it back to a manual addition. It should be available as such beneath the button to import your collection.

Presto
Top Rater

Re: Having sky lantern trouble? guild pets thread too

Post by Presto » May 22nd, 2014, 1:50 pm

It's there today. I was able to manually add it and leapfrog back into the #5 spot on my svr :D Thanks for your diligence!