Your Advice Needed for Okrut Dragonwaste

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Koorstrun
MVP
Pet Score:3896
BattleTag®:Sara#1141
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Your Advice Needed for Okrut Dragonwaste

Post by Koorstrun » May 17th, 2014, 12:46 pm

Dear Friends,
First of all, this is my first time posting on the forums here, but im glad to do so!

I'm needing some advice for Okrut Dragonwaste ...this man is the bane of my existence right now. He thwarted the team I had used all the way up until him, and its just very difficult.

I was wondering...is there a pet or pets that do REALLY well against his terrible undead dragon team? Whats your advice or opinion on it? Thanks!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Your Advice Needed for Okrut Dragonwaste

Post by Peanutty » May 17th, 2014, 1:18 pm

There's a simple strat posted on wowhead that works well - 3 bandicoons. If you don't already have 3 at max level, since they start off in the 20s it's pretty easy to level them up. The reason for this strat is that the bandicoons have attacks that are strong against dragonkin and undead and most of the attacks Okrut's pets use are weak against critters.

Set them all to the following: tongue lash, counterstrike, powerball.

Start off with the slowest bandicoon you have and use counterstrike, then powerball until your speed is faster than the dragonkin pet, then tongue lash until it dies. Once the dragonkin dies you keep up the same strategy with the undead pets: powerball until you are faster than his undead pets, then tongue lash until they die. If a bandicoon dies the next takes its spot.

Koorstrun
MVP

Post by Koorstrun » May 17th, 2014, 1:20 pm

Thanks, ill give this a try. I appreciate it :)

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » May 17th, 2014, 1:41 pm

Ew! I remember him! A strong humanoid for the dragonkin (Anu Idol and Flayer Youngling are very strong against dragons) and a couple good critters should do you good. The panda's or similar critters are strong against undead. Toads/frogs are awesome too. I love using [pet]Willy[/pet] because of that tongue lash and his racial (no single attack will take more than 35% of a magic pet's HP.) Some of the beasts have (basically) the same skill set as critters but they get that attack buff when their HP is low.

I'm just throwing out ideas.

Koorstrun
MVP

Post by Koorstrun » May 17th, 2014, 2:38 pm

Before I went and tried to catch three Bandicoons, I tried my team once more. Was able to beat him with some luck!

Rare Undead Val'kyr
Rare Anubisath Idol
Uncommon Effervescent Glowfly

Was seriously a lot of luck xD

Thank goodness its all done! On to conquer Major Payne!

Post by Guest » May 18th, 2014, 1:24 am

Koorstrun wrote:Before I went and tried to catch three Bandicoons, I tried my team once more. Was able to beat him with some luck!

Rare Undead Val'kyr
Rare Anubisath Idol
Uncommon Effervescent Glowfly

Was seriously a lot of luck xD

Thank goodness its all done! On to conquer Major Payne!
An Anub Idol [Crush, StoneSkin, Deflection] and a single Bandicoon [Tongue Lash, Counter Strike, Powerball] (Both Rare and max level) will allow you to farm him for exp like any other Master trainer. Start with Anub (Stoneskin, Deflection when the dragon Protostrikes and Crush as filler). Swap when Anub goes down then check to see if you are first or the undead drake is first. If you are first (faster) just Tonguelash away. Else Use Powerball to boost your speed then switch to Tonguelash. Since the last pet is undead, on the turn it dies, swap in your cary pet for experience. It will need a few hundred HP for the hit it will likely take, but it is so close to where I level pets from 10-20 on the Dragonbone Hatchlings it seems a pity to not trounce him daily.

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » May 20th, 2014, 2:47 pm

I just use two s/s rabbits and a carry-pet.