To those having issues with Unborn Valk's and Haunt

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Monori
Pet Score:5477
Realm:Earthen Ring-us
To those having issues with Unborn Valk's and Haunt

Post by Monori » May 7th, 2014, 12:06 pm

I figured something out kind of by accident the other day, and this may already be widely known but im posting it here for the people who dont know and are having an issue with this pet and ability. Basically, if an Unborn Valk tries to cast Haunt on a target that is dead, or feigned etc, it will backfire and kill the Valk instantly. For instance, and this is how I came across this. I use Murkalot, Blackfuse Bombling and an S/S Bonkers as my main pvp team. What I do is start with Murkalot. I use Righteous Inspiration right away, which will happen before the Valk can do anything. This will bring my Bombling into battle, which the valk will cast whatever was queued up from when my Murkalot was in there, almost 100% of the time it will be doom. After doom, Valks always use Haunt(at least 90% of the time they do). With the Righteous Ispiration buff my bombling now gets to go first so I use Armageddon which kills my bombling to inflict massive damage to their whole team. Even though I die, the bombling stays out there for when the Valk casts haunt and in turn killing themselves instantly leaving them with 2 half health pets vs my 2 full health pets. It takes a perfectly built team to beat my team, otherwise I clean house using it.

Obviously in order for this to work, you need a Murkalot. But as important as Murkalot is, the biggest problem they face on my team is the S/S Bonkers with a 3 round Evasion that lasts 2 rounds because of your speed and a 25% stun move that also deals massive damage. If you have these 3 pets, give it a go and see how well it works out. Very very rarely do I run into a team that can beat me handily. I went 30-1 the other day using it ^^ I will post a video shortly of how this works out, and I believe in this video my team takes on 2x Mechanical Pandaran Dragonlings and an Unborn Val'kir, which under normal circumstances is a monster team and very very hard to beat.
Last edited by Monori on May 7th, 2014, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mwebly
Pet Score:10448
BattleTag®:Webly#1586
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Re: To those having issued with Unborn Valk's and Haunt

Post by Mwebly » May 7th, 2014, 1:02 pm

I like your team and believe that you will win a lot of games with it, just as your stats indicate. Thankfully, most people who play a Valk do so very poorly. Right now it is so crazy OP that people can play it badly and still win.

With Murkalot having less than 1500 health and being humanoid, anyone who plays a Valk well will not Doom first, but will haunt right off the bat if they opened with their Valk and you with a Murk. Particularly with RI (which is the only reason to run a Murk), Doom/Haunt is asking for trouble since you could be haunting into a block, stun, or worse case a dead/feigned pet on your next turn. Your combination works great for anyone who cannot see it coming, but is easily avoided. Granted, you may be happy with your opponent having a full health Valk and 2 half heath pets against your two humanoid pets at full health, and that would be the outcome if the Valk haunts first, but I would take that matchup every time.

What if your opponent does not have a Valk or does not open with it? Do you still RI/Armageddon to open? I am going to try out your team but would love to know more about how you play it so successfully. I play a Valk/DAH/Qiraji for pvp and am always interested in teams that can be successful against it.

Thanks for posting your team!

Monori

Re: To those having issued with Unborn Valk's and Haunt

Post by Monori » May 7th, 2014, 8:11 pm

If my opponent does not have a Valk or does not open with the Valk, I will use RI and the Bombling's most powerful secondary move(which will one shot any mechanical and take 80% HP from anything else) and play it by ear from there and still usually win. Thats the beauty of running his team is it's not a one trick pony. Here is the video I promised, and you can see just how amazing the team can be when your opponent has no clue how to deal with this team. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/JsYSkq4HeUc

Adezero
Pet Score:3572
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Re: To those having issues with Unborn Valk's and Haunt

Post by Adezero » May 10th, 2014, 11:03 am

sometimes if i see a murkalot team i'll open with a stun or blinding poison. make the RI useless. then again, if the opponent predicts that, he wont use RI on the first turn.

Monori

Post by Monori » May 10th, 2014, 11:31 am

Which is exactly what I hope you will do :) If you blind me with an S/S Death Adder RI still goes off without a hitch and now you have nothing going for you because my bombling will now take 90% of your Death Adder's HP along with 50-90% of your entire back row. If you stun my Murkalot thats fine, ill keep him out there until it wears off. People seem to think the Murkalot is needed beyond the RI and the fact is, with an S/S Bonkers, he is not. So as long as he gets the RI off its basically game over.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » May 12th, 2014, 1:20 pm

Monori wrote:Which is exactly what I hope you will do :) If you blind me with an S/S Death Adder RI still goes off without a hitch and now you have nothing going for you because my bombling will now take 90% of your Death Adder's HP along with 50-90% of your entire back row. If you stun my Murkalot thats fine, ill keep him out there until it wears off. People seem to think the Murkalot is needed beyond the RI and the fact is, with an S/S Bonkers, he is not. So as long as he gets the RI off its basically game over.

He does blinding poison first and you do RI you go first and the blinding poison hits your blackfuse negating its move bonus with RI. A stun does the same thing .
But if you wait a turn and do some other move first then they waste their stun or blind.

Monori

Post by Monori » May 12th, 2014, 5:58 pm

Digem wrote:
Monori wrote:Which is exactly what I hope you will do :) If you blind me with an S/S Death Adder RI still goes off without a hitch and now you have nothing going for you because my bombling will now take 90% of your Death Adder's HP along with 50-90% of your entire back row. If you stun my Murkalot thats fine, ill keep him out there until it wears off. People seem to think the Murkalot is needed beyond the RI and the fact is, with an S/S Bonkers, he is not. So as long as he gets the RI off its basically game over.

He does blinding poison first and you do RI you go first and the blinding poison hits your blackfuse negating its move bonus with RI. A stun does the same thing .
But if you wait a turn and do some other move first then they waste their stun or blind.
I guess I should have elaborated a bit more. What I meant to say was, when I see an S/S Death Adder, I know the Blinding Poison is coming first so I usually just waste a turn to let him do it. If he knows what it is im going to do, I will just bring in my Bombling to kill the Death Adder Quickly(Mechanical>Beast) and then move along.

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » May 13th, 2014, 12:39 pm

Just for fun I tried this combination a few times over the past couple of days. I haven't encountered a Valkyr with it, but it's been fun to experiment with.

Since then, I've started running into other teams with Murkalot, the Bombling, and various third pets. I wish I could have asked them if they read this forum!