Ominous Flame vs. Jadefire Spirit?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Zombite
Pet Score:1050
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Ominous Flame vs. Jadefire Spirit?

Post by Zombite » May 7th, 2014, 7:27 pm

Which in your opinion is best for battling at max level?

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Re: Ominous Flame vs. Jadefire Spirit?

Post by Vek » May 9th, 2014, 1:47 am

PvE? You won't need either of them. Perhaps Ominous Flame can be used for Darkmoon trainer Tonk.

PvP. Well, outside of people trolling with Fade Before the cooldown was applied I don't think I have ever faced either of these two pets. Very very rarely if I have.

Ominous Flame got the Conflagrate combination but that is not all that powerful. Jadefire Spirit seems more defensive with shield and heal/fade. I think you can get slightly more team-use out of the Ominous Flame since it has the Curse.

Both pets, however, are quite nice bird killers and will both do well when you keep running into triple darkness birds for example. The Ominous Flame might have one-up here since it can change the weather to help your teammates. I am actually not sure if the healing from the Jadefire Spirit is affected by the Darkness, if not it might be worth looking into.

Not sure I was helpful at all.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » May 9th, 2014, 6:10 am

For pvp for me it is an s/s jade spirit I run with.
I use it on my nuke the back line team.
I bring in my blight hawk first do whirl wind which normally hits 33% of time.
Switch to jade spirit do its heal plus crit plus move rain dance which now for 2 turns makes whirl wind hit at 85 % so now it does big damage.
Now I do acid rain which hits all pets and gets a boost from rain dance.
Then one geyser again getting a boost from rain dance.
Then switch to my scourge whelping and do dreadful breath which gets a boost from acid rain making the weather rain.
This hits all toons dreadful breath and hits a lot through blinds so it is a nice move.
If done right you can take out whole back line of other team before they even get a chance to take them out.
It is a fun big damage quick fight team.
And if other player hasn't seen it before or know a counter can rack up some nice wins.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » May 9th, 2014, 6:31 am

Jadefire Spirit <> Jademist Dancer. :)