Perky pug question

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Perky pug question

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 5th, 2014, 10:10 am

I'm trying to finish up some quest / achieve pets and this is one I havent gotten.

So, I'd like to know if I have to do 5 man heroic dungeons to get this achieve(Looking for multitudes) or can you do normal ...and I have a level 90 toons (healer- Ilevel 538 or dps-ilevel 498) so what Pandarian dungeon would be quickest/easiest for each? I appreciate your help and feedback.

I'm presuming I can still do this achieve as a lvl 90 ... hope so!

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Re: Perky pug question

Post by Dolz » May 5th, 2014, 10:25 am

I didn't even start this until I was 90 so that won't be a problem for you. Also I don't think it matters if you do heroic or normal.

Dimmulux
Pet Score:2011
BattleTag®:Sepia#2808
Realm:Zenedar-eu

Post by Dimmulux » May 5th, 2014, 10:58 am

A couple of things to bear in mind:
  • Don't queue with friends if you want this achievement done as fast as possible. It only counts people you've been grouped with randomly.
  • You say you have a class that can heal so use it to reduce the time spent queuing (ideally it could tank as well).
  • If you can fulfill a call to arms, do so for the http://wowpedia.org/Misty_Satchel_of_Exotic_Mysteries and the chance of extra pets (even if you get one you already have, they can be used in pet trades on other servers).
I'd suggest queuing for a random heroic as the queue times here are at least as short as each specific and there are bonus rewards. As for which is quickest (if you decide you don't want to queue random), it really depends a great deal on the speed of your tank (another good reason for tanking it yourself on a well-geared character if you had one). As a well-geared DPS, you can push on ahead of the tank without too much difficulty, but it may annoy your group. You could take a look at the CM Gold times and judge the length of each HC based on those (the correlation should be reasonably strong).

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 5th, 2014, 11:26 am

If you can, queue as heals in dps spec. 538 is massively overgeared for heroics, should be no problem as long as the offspec is also an INT-based one (shadow priest, resto druid or shammy, etc). That'll give you the fastest queues and fastest runs, as long as you can keep everyone alive and do some bonus damage on top.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 5th, 2014, 12:55 pm

My healer is a horde resto druid , my dps is a frost Death Knight ..but I have no experience with dungeons at all to be honest..my total focus has been working on pets for the last 15 months. My level 90's were attained through quests and pve alone..never dungeons.

I know Ilevel 538 is overgeared but I ran the stormstout brewery instance to get the hopling and it was quick and fun ..maybe I'll give it a whirl or the call to arms chain as suggested.

Thanks for all your help folks!

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 6th, 2014, 2:44 pm

I meant to say moonkin not resto - run them in moonkin spec but resto gear if you need to.

But I'm sure you figured that out already. ;)