What does it mean when

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Yaginoashi
Pet Score:907
Realm:Uldum-us
What does it mean when

Post by Yaginoashi » May 3rd, 2014, 4:47 pm

A guy who likes pet collecting gives a girl all of his pets.....one or two every few days.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Re: What does it mean when

Post by Digem » May 4th, 2014, 12:58 am

Yaginoashi wrote:A guy who likes pet collecting gives a girl all of his pets.....one or two every few days.

He likes the girl and is trying to impress her or quitting the game and trying to give them a good "home"

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 4th, 2014, 9:24 am

Not always true.. I have given at least 30 pets away to guildies who like to chat about pets. Pandaren spirits drop all over for me and I also give DM pets or pets that will do well in battle (yellow moth, Cornish rex cat) to help friends have quicker success levelling their pets.

Not about impressing, just spreading good will and trying to get others wrapped up in collecting/battling.
(many were to a girl who appreciates the collecting and battling with pets - I'm a guy .. no difference)

Yaginoashi
Pet Score:907
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Yaginoashi » May 4th, 2014, 10:03 am

Girl asked guy if he had done the isle of time battles to get the baby pandaren spirits.
Guy said no and it would be a long time before he could.
Girl asked Y
Guy said because I gave u all of my pets & sold the rest
Girl said she wondered where he was getting them all & asked Y he gave them to her since he loves pet battles.
Guy said shrugs.
Girl said well what if we share them then and just mail em back and fourth?
Sometimes guy borrows one or 2.
He still pet battles.
He still sends her pets.
They are guildies.
They do talk about pets sometimes but other stuff too.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 4th, 2014, 5:24 pm

You can never be too careful on the Internet, never give out personal information no matter what and if things get to intimate or content gets questionable then feel free to cut contact.

There should always be no strings attached in my opinion...I never expect repayment of any kind ..it's the only way to feel good about giving.

Good luck

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » May 4th, 2014, 6:14 pm

Last edited by Rioriel on May 5th, 2014, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » May 4th, 2014, 7:24 pm

I regularly give away pets to new players or new WCPets members as a welcome. When I first met Ladorna here on WCPets I think I threw pets at her daily - still do when possible! I enjoyed working on my own collection and it was equally fun to help her flush our her collection. That's all there was to it in our case and I never expected anything then (or now) in return, even though she has generously helped me flush out many pets I had needed as well since then. Sometimes trading/sharing pets is just trading pets, and there's no sense in trying to find a hidden meaning in it.
@TamerWakamaru

Post by Guest » May 6th, 2014, 8:02 am

Tekulve2012 wrote:You can never be too careful on the Internet, never give out personal information no matter what and if things get to intimate or content gets questionable then feel free to cut contact.

There should always be no strings attached in my opinion...I never expect repayment of any kind ..it's the only way to feel good about giving.

Good luck

This.
But I do randomly give away stuff (with no expectations), usually because I have 10 of them already and my guild bank is full of spare pets.