The dark side of children's week~

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us
The dark side of children's week~

Post by Kendrah » April 29th, 2014, 4:38 pm

I finished my child's week quest today on one of my characters. I haven't done this since WotLK. I just bought the other pets so I'm doing this for the two non-tradeable ones. Anyway, you know, I had a rather shocking thought: we have got to be the worst foster parents ever. I mean, we're cruel.

We see this poor orphan, right? We take him or her out and check out all these cool places. We go from one cool place to another. By the end, the poor little guy is like "you're so AWESOME!" and then he decides to stay with us and... we use him in pet battles. Force him to level up via killing cute, fuzzy, woodland critters. We house the poor guy with all the other pets. Can you imagine that poor oracle orphan? "Wow! What a huge tree!" and then we make him sleep with the fungal abomination. =X

I feel guilty. :(

Deadlycurves
Top Rater
Pet Score:3443
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Re: The dark side of children's week~

Post by Deadlycurves » April 29th, 2014, 5:19 pm

we are just preparing them for life in azeroth, for soon enough they will be gutting animals for quest givers, murdering murlocs and doing all the other brutal things the grown ups do.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » April 30th, 2014, 2:23 am

There used to be an achievement called something like "Once an orphan ...", which required you to kill a player with his orphan companion out (if not exactly that, something like that). It got scrapped quickly, due to outbursts of political correctness.

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » April 30th, 2014, 9:49 am

Waflob wrote:There used to be an achievement called something like "Once an orphan ...", which required you to kill a player with his orphan companion out (if not exactly that, something like that). It got scrapped quickly, due to outbursts of political correctness.
There's that whole quest in the goblin starter area where you lure the Naga kids away with toys to take them hostage or something. That one always made me wonder.

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » May 5th, 2014, 5:18 am

Childhood and its related innocence is rather a relatively new concept (last 200 years or so, give or take). Before then, children were off at 7 being apprenticed out to masters to learn how the real world worked.

Harpua
Pet Score:4602
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpua » May 5th, 2014, 9:05 am

I dunno. I let my orphan get shot out of a cannon at the DMF and let him ride shotgun in the tonk battle.

But when I took him out on the battlegrounds, all he did was /facepalm :)

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » May 5th, 2014, 1:44 pm

Aislinge wrote:Childhood and its related innocence is rather a relatively new concept (last 200 years or so, give or take). Before then, children were off at 7 being apprenticed out to masters to learn how the real world worked.
Yes, but we didn't house the apprentices with the lions and tigers, then force them to fight with their fists. :lol: We've generally waited until they're fourteen or so to kick them off into battle. Well, besides that embarrassing Children's Crusade thing.