Old Achiev Raids

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us
Old Achiev Raids

Post by Blixtiya » April 4th, 2014, 8:00 pm

So Im taking over for Dez a little while on organizing the old achievment runs, and changing day to saturdays for the time being.

The set time is currently 7pm server time.

This week (5/4) will first be an Ulduar 25 man run, then afterwords Ice Crown Citadel, either 10 or 25 depending on amount of people.

Lets play nice, lets try to be in vent if possible, and no hating, raging or whining!

if you got questions, you can whisper to Blixtiya in MM.

Perdita
Pet Score:13497

Re: Old Achiev Raids

Post by Perdita » April 6th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Thanks for running this Blixtiya! Got a nice mount out of it last night and tons of achievements :)

Perdita

Post by Perdita » April 15th, 2014, 2:00 pm

I'd love to also have a sub-group that runs the old heroic dungeons for achievements as well. While most can be soloed, there are others (e.g., The Oculus, Zul-Aman) that are challenging if not impossible for many of us to run alone.

Tiberius
Pet Score:8212

Post by Tiberius » April 24th, 2014, 1:53 am

I'd be up for that Perdita! Always nice to get more achievement points, and see some stuff that I might not have seen before.

On the original topic, thanks Blixtiya for getting the runs going this month! Been a good time the couple times I have been able to get out so far.

Perdita

Re: Old Achiev Raids:Mount-a-neers

Post by Perdita » April 25th, 2014, 9:59 pm

I'm wondering if we shouldn't start a weekly event to help not only get us guild / personal achievements but also get everyone those longed-for mounts. Is Saturday at 7pm server still good for everyone? I'm happy to lead when Blixtiya is not available but could use an advisor for specific achievements, as I'm not necessarily familiar with all of them. Also, please reply with the instances / raids you'd like to try so we can make sure we accommodate as many people as possible :)

Blixtiya

Post by Blixtiya » April 26th, 2014, 1:56 pm

there was a break of a few weeks, but next week there will be old raids again :)

Perdita

Post by Perdita » April 30th, 2014, 11:49 am

*presses the invisible "like" button*

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » May 6th, 2014, 1:27 pm

I need some Ulduar achieves and Cata Achieves. There are always achieve runs. I'd be up for helping on those. I'd offer for ICC but it's kinda like Firelands for me. My hands start twitching even thinking about going into those raids atm. Maybe later in the summer. There's also Dragon soul I can help with as well. While I have slight tremors at the thought of DS it's not quite so bad. LOL

Blixtiya

Post by Blixtiya » May 19th, 2014, 6:08 am

ok, sorry for late answer.

Helenheals: We have done ICC (25) the last two weeks, and will go his week too. The main culprit here is the "once bitten, twice shy" achievement. but last time due to good vent communication, we got six or seven people bitten, so most likely this will be the last ICC 25 for a while, and I dont remember if we needed to return to 10 again honestly. Also, its not certain I am able to make it this week, but others will if I cant. At this point Im not anywhere crucial for it to work, thats a good thing :)

Ravnhawk:
I can unfortunatly say that we did Ulduar so much recently that a comeback during saturdays anytime soon seems unlikely.
Firelands and Dragon Soul both have been suggested as follow-ups after ICC, though I would have to read up on either (a lot) for that to work, and still depend on more experienced players. Im still up for whatever the players wants to do though, and while my comfort zones are ICC and Ulduar (when you can cook 6 dwarves in dragon fire at once you've done Ulduar too many times :b) going for something more challenging would be great.

there might also be a time change in the future, as the flex raid might take this time slot, just so people know.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » May 19th, 2014, 11:37 am

Blixtiya wrote: ...
At this point Im not anywhere crucial for it to work, thats a good thing :)
Im still up for whatever the players wants to do though, and while my comfort zones are ICC and Ulduar (when you can cook 6 dwarves in dragon fire at once you've done Ulduar too many times :b) going for something more challenging would be great.
I still think we can get a few more than 6 dwarves! ;) Anyways, yea its been a lot of fun for the days that I have been available. And Blix, you are always crucial, just wouldn't be the same without you there! But yeah, vent is very useful for these runs, especially the fights that require some waiting for actions to occur to people, so I highly recommend making sure it's installed and that you can at least listen, speaking is always good too, but I know some are a little more shy about it than others.

As for the raids, I am good for anything. If we need to get a group together for another round of Ulduar, I am there! ;) I know I need to hit up ICC 10 once more, as I need to get the not bitten side of the vamp fight and full house. I need everything in DS/Firelands, so lets have some fun with those soon too!

Anyways, hope everyone who will be at this Saturdays raid has lots of fun, and gets everything they need, and I hope to see all your smiling faces the following week.

-- Angus

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » May 28th, 2014, 6:15 pm

Hey All,

I figured I'd see about the interest in these raids, what people still need or want to see next. So feel free to leave comments here, and/or contact me in game with what you would like to see and if you know the raid/fights/achieves, as I don't have a clue for any of them.

I know I still need one run of ICC10, but after that, I will be offically done the ICC/Ulduar achieves, not to say that I won't help guildies out in getting them.

You can contact me in game via any of my toons in MM or PP, it shouldn't be hard to see which are mine, but I'll have a little list here of the ones I frequent most. Also I think I have my btag in at least one of my toon's public guild notes, so feel free to add me, maybe just make a note of your toon name in the request ;)

MM Toons:
AngusMcNasty - I run the raids on this toon.
AngusMcGoody - My tamer of tamers!

PP Toons:
AngusMcMerln - Leveling pets is hard work. (Also thanks again to the person who suggested the name, though I have forgotten who it was!)
AngusMaul, AngusMcBow, AngusMcLock, AngusMcTotam, etc.. - not played as often currently, so best to message one of the others.

Until next time, have fun, level pets, and enjoy life :)

-- Angus