Bonkers team help!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Zeusdragoon
Pet Score:339
Realm:Ysera-us
Bonkers team help!

Post by Zeusdragoon » April 9th, 2014, 4:37 am

Howdy folks! I really like Bonkers, the monkey with boxing gloves. I was wondering if you folks could help me build a team around him. I'd like to use Mr. Biggleworth, but that's pretty malleable. Unborn Valkyr isn't an option (only because I can't find one). Any team help would be appreciated! :D

Mojogrow
Pet Score:3210
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Re: Bonkers team help!

Post by Mojogrow » April 9th, 2014, 8:27 am

Your pet collection is... limited to put it lightly. We all start somewhere, but you do lack any level 25, and while you are able to make a decent Darkness team with your Dread Hatchling/Pandaren monk, I am not sure that would be the best place for Bonkers, let alone a P/S Bonks since it lacks the speed needed for pulling off the "Lucky Combo" (Tornado - Jab while stunned - Dodge - Jab - Jab, Repeat) Likewise, there are not too many super amazing teams involving Bonkers in the first place. You could try to run hime and hope you are against slower people, but it is quite a gamble.

The teams I used time him in were:
Unborn Val'kyr-Bonkers-Enchanted Broom (My first good PVP team)
Celestrial Dragon-Xu'fu-Bonkers (A good solid team with versatile Damage and move synergy [Bonkers is mainly a sweeper])
Bonkers-Bonkers-Bonkers (Now I have tried this on a friend's Acc. and it is fun to mess with and still decent)

Hope this helped, I can't recommend him too highly, as he is a bit lackluster and there are better (and easier to get) pets, but if you do really want to use him, go for a P/P or S/S breed and use him as a finisher.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 9th, 2014, 11:32 am

FYI you don't need level 25s to pvp, the game should match you up against an opponent with a somewhat similar team. I imagine the queue would be longer though as most pet pvpers seem to prefer max level battles.

Mojogrow
Pet Score:3210
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Mojogrow » April 9th, 2014, 1:35 pm

Peanutty wrote:FYI you don't need level 25s to pvp, the game should match you up against an opponent with a somewhat similar team. I imagine the queue would be longer though as most pet pvpers seem to prefer max level battles.
That being said, if you DO use pets below level 25, you more often than not get matched up with level 25 anyways (I tried using Level 22, 22, 24 and was forced to go up against 3 level 25s) unless you start really low, which is when you will usually be stuck with a queue rivaling that of an LFR. I'm just trying to help...

Gulnarr
Pet Score:2379
BattleTag®:Gulnarr#1172
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Gulnarr » April 9th, 2014, 2:12 pm

The team you make for bonkers would probably depend on his breed. Unfortunately you've got the power/speed breed, which isn't ideal. You really don't have to get that serious about it though. If you want, you could just throw him in a team with a magic pet, because he can counter the dragonkin pets who will be strong against magic. Maybe you could use him with a pet that can buff your team's speed, like a fox. This would nearly guarantee that can can use dodge before his opponent's attack, which lets him avoid two moves with it.

Zeusdragoon
Pet Score:339
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Zeusdragoon » April 9th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Thanks for the help folks!

Monori
Pet Score:5477
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Monori » April 25th, 2014, 7:11 am

I run a 3x S/S Bonkers team and its extremely strong. It takes the perfectly built team to beat me and that is few and far between, trust me :)

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » April 25th, 2014, 7:29 am

Monori wrote:I run a 3x S/S Bonkers team and its extremely strong. It takes the perfectly built team to beat me and that is few and far between, trust me :)
How many tries did it take you to get three S/S Bonkers? :D