Crawling Claw...

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tunguska
MVP
Pet Score:13349
Realm:Doomhammer-us
Crawling Claw...

Post by Tunguska » March 20th, 2014, 10:59 am

Someone please cheer me up! I'm doing archeology even though I am not a fan, as there are none to be found on my realm's auction house. But blah...this may take awhile!!

I know people have gotten it with three solves but I suspect I won't be that lucky.

If someone is selling one on a Doom hammer, alliance dude, let me know. :)

Nyorai
Pet Score:5685
BattleTag®:jprich#1557
Realm:Draka-us

Re: Crawling Claw...

Post by Nyorai » March 21st, 2014, 12:41 am

71 solves in and nothing.
70% of those were mantid solves converted. The other 30% were the old way of flying all over kalimdor.

Good luck mate.
Id wager most of us are still solving ( and saving for an AH buy ).

Druzy
Pet Score:4598
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Druzy » March 21st, 2014, 9:24 pm

From what I've researched, the quickest way to a [pet]Crawling Claw[/pet] is through Pandaren archeology with Restored Artifactafter changing to Mantid only digs.

You'll need a Lorewalker's Map and Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator both located in Mantid Artifact Hunter's Kit sold by Brann Bronzebeard in Vale of Eternal Blossom.

This will exclude you, temporarily, from the Pandaren Artifact achievements but it's a small sacrifice for the speed of less zone hopping to get to artifacts.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » March 21st, 2014, 10:44 pm

I'm around 270-280 solves I think... I got 2 things I don't remember, then the mount (yay!) but no Claw and no rare solve in a long while :(

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » March 22nd, 2014, 12:18 pm

I've solved hundreds of Tol'vir as well and nothing. I got the ring and that blue thingy that makes the beetles follow you but nothing else. >.> God save me from archy. I'm really, really, really starting to hate it.

Stayc
Top Rater
Pet Score:3277
Realm:Velen-us

Post by Stayc » March 22nd, 2014, 12:43 pm

In my honest opinion its harder to do the solves thru pandaria. when you do the tol'vir archaeology you get the extra tol'vir hieroglyphics to help. I have only ever gotten one from a pandaren box. also, you get more pieces each hit vs. the box. I will give you my strategy, do the solves on kalimdor side and as soon as uldum pops do that one (even if there is another right beside you). chances are you will get another tol'vir right after (not always). I have been lucky and have gotten all of the tol'vir rares with the exception of the sandstone drake (have over 70 canopic jar solves to date). Don't forget when the darkmoon faire is here there is always the cheap port to thunderbluff its a good time to grind those out. best of luck either way RnG can be quite a pain sometimes. :evil:

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » March 23rd, 2014, 5:46 am

Stayc wrote:when you do the tol'vir archaeology you get the extra tol'vir hieroglyphics to help.
I get them all the time through the box. Sometimes I get multiples of them when I solve via pandaria. :lol: I think that's just bad RNG for you, my friend. I did several straight hours of arch in Kal and I think I got a Tol site maybe twice. I do several straight hours of arch in Panda and I'm guaranteed solves. So, maybe you do get more via actual Tol sites but you have to weigh that against RNG and that whole continent. By contrast, Panda is much smaller and easier to go around in. And you can limit that further by making all your sites mantid so ... *shrug*

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » March 23rd, 2014, 1:52 pm

Qingaling wrote: This will exclude you, temporarily, from the Pandaren Artifact achievements but it's a small sacrifice for the speed of less zone hopping to get to artifacts.
You still get Mogu Artifacts time to time, with the Ancient Haunt......
But i did not notice for the Pandaren Artifacts..

Deadlycurves
Top Rater
Pet Score:3443
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Deadlycurves » March 23rd, 2014, 11:38 pm

i have only maxed archy on my horde main, i did it for the first three days of cata, 12 hours a day until my eyes bled from the monotony of it. After nearly 12 months of avoiding it i decided to continue to get the professor title, 3 tol'vir solves later i had my crawling claw,RNG is evil,can frustrate and cause outbursts of explosive anger, but when it goes your way, its a joy. Stick in there and it will happen eventually. After 6 years i got my horsemans reins finally a fortnight ago, so perserverance does pay off.

Zampo
Pet Score:4451
BattleTag®:RedJohn#1968
Realm:Blackhand-us

Post by Zampo » April 19th, 2014, 2:51 pm

I finally got the Crawling Claw today.

I have no idea how many Tol'vir solves it took for the claw to show up, but I had 4 tol'vir rare solves completed, including the mount. I had also previously gotten all the other pets and mounts from archaeology.

For the last couple months, I've tried to average 1 tol'vir solve a day. I think that helped because it was a small goal and didn't burn me out like grinding hours on end (which, did happen earlier on during the grind up to the 4 rare tol'vir solves).

I probably would've bought one off the AH, but I didn't have enough gold to get one until recently. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a claw up on the AH for a while, but it looks like I lucked out this time. :mrgreen:

Good luck to all and keep at it. 8-)