Isle of Thunder Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us
Isle of Thunder Pets

Post by Kel » April 17th, 2014, 10:37 am

I was out at the Isle of Thunder this morning and thought I'd collect some pets I didn't have from that zone. What I found was that the pets were all poor quality. Is that normal? I just have such a hard time collecting poor quality pets, even if it is just for the achieves. And after bailing from about 8 battles I had only seen poors and finally just gave up (plus I needed to get to work). What gives? Are all the Isle of Thunder pets poor or do they come in better qualities?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Re: Isle of Thunder Pets

Post by Guest » April 17th, 2014, 10:42 am

They do come in all qualities. There's only one I haven't found in Rare, so far.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » April 17th, 2014, 11:24 am

Bad luck or other people leaving the poor up and not killing them while looking for others. Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure I got all of the pets there as rares from wild battles and didn't stone any of them.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » April 17th, 2014, 11:58 am

Thanks guys. I must have just been on a bad streak or something. I'll keep trying for better quality ones. Typically I don't keep anything other than green or blue these days, unless it's something crazy hard to find or a super rare spawn.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » April 17th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Yep, RNG is just RNG. I have definitely seen and captured green and rare pets on the Isle of Thunder. Just farm in moderation. I take my BS there to make the "xx, Reborn" weapons when I have the mats, and I farm a little while am on the island. To mix it up, go and farm for the [pet]filthling[/pet] while you are on the isle. If all else fails, there is virtually nothing else you need an elemental stone for at the moment, so you could use one of those on the [pet]thundertail flapper[/pet].
mykro9#1585

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » April 17th, 2014, 6:36 pm

Just rotten luck. I was able to upgrade all of mine to rare on Isle of Thunder via regular pet battles eventually. They exist, it just takes time sometimes.
@TamerWakamaru

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » April 19th, 2014, 5:45 pm

I would also note that a lot of the Isle of Thunder pets have other pets from the isle as secondaries. So, if you are looking for a python, don't just run around looking for pythons, but battle everything you come across. Another thing too, if you didn't know this, is that starting a battle and forfeiting if you see there is not a rare will leave that non rare team there. And forfeiting and then killing the pet does a disservice as well, as going through with and finishing the battle will give you a chance at a stone, and a forfeit and kill will not.
mykro9#1585