Anyone got a rodent crate? (US)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gulnarr
Pet Score:2379
BattleTag®:Gulnarr#1172
Realm:Kirin Tor-us
Anyone got a rodent crate? (US)

Post by Gulnarr » April 6th, 2014, 9:07 pm

If anyone has a rodent crate they're going to be using soon on a US server, I would love to tag along and grab a rodent. Rarity and breed don't matter to me. I'd be willing to pay, give battle stones, trade pets, etc for this. Thanks.

Deadlycurves
Top Rater
Pet Score:3443
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Re: Anyone got a rodent crate? (US)

Post by Deadlycurves » April 7th, 2014, 7:15 pm

If you can wait till easter, i have 10 days off and am gonna farm the last 1200 or so commendations i need to get the rodent crate on my horde pally on the saurfang server. i will post here an hour or so before i open it.

Gulnarr
Pet Score:2379
BattleTag®:Gulnarr#1172
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Gulnarr » April 8th, 2014, 12:34 am

That would be awesome. Unfortunately I only have alliance characters, so maybe I can make a horde and find someone to fly me over there beforehand, unless there are phasing issues I'm unaware of.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » April 8th, 2014, 2:29 am

you have to open up that area or there will be phasing issues.

Malenrhen
Pet Score:7124
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by Malenrhen » April 8th, 2014, 2:41 am

Rodent crate? Something new?

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » April 8th, 2014, 4:06 am

Malenrhen wrote:Rodent crate? Something new?
You purchase the Rodent Crate for x2000 Lion's Landing Commissions (horde) or x2000 Domination Point Commissions (alliance) from the appropriate vendors in Krasarang Wilds. When you use a crate it spawns the [pet]Sumprush Rodent[/pet]'s for 20 minutes allowing you the capture them (primary only) around the area where the crate is spawned. They can't be killed w/ weapons, so if you use a crate to farm a rare or certain breed plan to kill at least the first pet in the group and leave the battle. A new rodent will immediately re-spawn after having done so.

Also, when you drop the crate - a notice goes out to the zone that you have done so. Anyone who has unlocked the area up to being able to purchase items from the vendor will be able to capture the rodents.

Hope that helps :)
@TamerWakamaru

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » April 8th, 2014, 7:31 am

You have to be level 90 and of the same faction to capture the Sumprush Rodents. Below 90 you will be phased out of the area (I tried to help someone do this a few months ago but her only Alliance toon was lvl 85 I believe and we were unable to see each other.) Not certain how the faction restriction applies outside of perhaps getting beat up by guards for being in the wrong area. (Or other players).

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 8th, 2014, 2:18 pm

Good question - I never tested if you can see rodents from the other faction's crate drops. However as noted, even if you can you most likely will get ripped apart by the guards. The crate will always drop at a set location in the middle of the quest givers/vendors and there's quite a lot of guards around.