Engineering pets and motes from hell

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us
Engineering pets and motes from hell

Post by Shikon01 » April 7th, 2014, 7:35 am

I just level my engineer to 600 yesterday and almost got excited until....wait for it .... I saw that everything I want to make requires motes of harmony. FOR THE LOVE OF THE WOW GODS QUIT MAKING THES THINGS SOULBOUND :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Lately, the engineering pets have maintained their sell value a bit better than most....I wonder why :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Right now, Andraya is at the DM faire fishing trying to get the motes needed to make gift bling and pets ( hell got all the other mats ..go figure ) but then just about anything decent requires a shitload of these things:(((( Has anyone heard through the grapevine, if blizz has any plans in the near future to make these motes from hell account bound instead of toon bound ?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Engineering pets and motes from hell

Post by Quintessence » April 7th, 2014, 1:35 pm

Last I read, the devs mentioned that there are no current plans on making the motes or spirits account-bound or tradeable. My guess is that IF they ever change them, it will happen far into the next expansion or later.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » April 7th, 2014, 1:53 pm

There was a more recent tweet that suggested they might become tradable win WoD or the 6.0 patch that is bound to precede it's actual release.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 7th, 2014, 2:00 pm

Kpb321 wrote:There was a more recent tweet that suggested they might become tradable win WoD or the 6.0 patch that is bound to precede it's actual release.
Totally missed that tweet. *crosses fingers* Hopefully they make it happen!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » April 7th, 2014, 2:08 pm

Looks like it is even better than I recall as it might be earlier than 6.0.

https://twitter.com/hwoome

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 7th, 2014, 2:44 pm

Fastest way to get motes is: 1) farmville and 2) Wikky's Whistle. Using them together you'll probably make about 2 spirit of harmonies a day without having to do any real mob farming.

If you actually want to farm 'em up via mobs, the sprite cave in Kun-Lai is probably the most popular location.
Last edited by Peanutty on April 7th, 2014, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » April 7th, 2014, 3:08 pm

Which pets are you talking about that require Spirit of Harmony? The only one I recall is the MPD, and that only needs 2. Pierre and Rascal-Bot don't require motes.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » April 8th, 2014, 6:30 am

Ya the MPD, Bling gifter and some other items I need require the spirits. I just hit 90 on my priest, got a port to get flying skill and gotta do the quest to open pandaria then Farmerville here I come. I have quite a few spirits on lower level toons from fishing at DM faire when pandaland first came out. Even my other toons could use the spirits for their professions. Seems like all I do is farm items I need instead of questing and doing some of the things I enjoy so its been a bit frustrating to say the least. I have only one toon at farm w/ all plots open so I use half for cloth that I need regularly for my tailor and the other half for rep. At least during DM faire I can fish up a lot of cloth and a few motes so that always helps. I didn't know about the whistle so will check that out as well and the cave ( ty much ) !!! Been making living steel regularly so just gotta farm up Jard's energy source to make engineering pets can't wait woohoo !!! :D

Post by Guest » April 11th, 2014, 9:37 am

I spent 1.5 hours farming Mogu in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms (trying to get skyshards) and managed to collect around 340 motes of harmony. (34 Spirits).

Motes are easy...