Frustrated with pvp battles

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Birenni
MVP
Pet Score:8580
Realm:Malygos-us
Frustrated with pvp battles

Post by Birenni » November 27th, 2012, 1:03 pm

I've just started to get into pvp battling and it was fun at first until I started getting paired with a player who brings in 2 level 1s and a higher level pet like a 5 or 6 when I have say, 2 level 2s and a 3. Of course I get my arse kicked... I tried a few higher level pets like 2 level 9s and a 10 only to be paired with someone with 2 level 8s and a 13 or more.

I thought players were supposed to be paired with similar levels? Gets frustrating to lose every single fight and yes, I know I won't win every one but good lord.... getting one shotted 10 times in a row isn't what I call fun. :(

Any advice or am I doing something wrong? Thanks...

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Re: Frustrated with pvp battles

Post by Hellomynameis » November 27th, 2012, 1:12 pm

My only advice is to do the same until they fix it. Sign up with two lvl1's and one of your highest level pets. If you cant beat 'em, join 'em!

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » November 27th, 2012, 1:29 pm

I can't even get into pvp pet battles. I've been queued for hours at a time and nothing. Been that way for months.

Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Mathew013 » November 27th, 2012, 1:41 pm

I understand your frustration, and you're not alone in this unfair matchup system.
Queuing (3) level 5s, and to find out you're going to face (1) level 10, and (2) level 3s is flat out irritating.
I always felt (I could be way off base here) that the system totals the levels up, and pairs you accordingly with someone with a similar total. So, for the example above:
You: 3 level 5s = 15
Opponent: 10+3+3 = 16
So, 15 levels vs 16 levels... that's fair, right? Yeah, right... :roll:

When faced with this, I usually drop one pet and add another one back in that is 2 levels higher than the one I swapped out. I keep this up until I get queued with opponents with more realistic chance of winning. (or atleast making it close)

>> Mat

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » November 27th, 2012, 2:38 pm

Ibho wrote:
Talmar wrote:I can't even get into pvp pet battles. I've been queued for hours at a time and nothing. Been that way for months.
try using different pets of different levels. if no one in your battle group is using the same level pets you wont be able to pvp
I've tried many iterations of levels. all 3 pets of the same level, differing levels, even tried the cheesy high, low, low deal.

Nothing.

Had tons of pvp battles when mists first came out. Queue was always just a few minutes.

Hoping the queue'ing system is tweaked behind the scenes in 5.1.