Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Kites/Lanterns and upgrading question

Post by Tekulve2012 » April 4th, 2014, 8:29 am

Hey folks
Sorry if this question has been answered many times before but i dread the idea of sifting through pages of threads and I dread the possibility of wasting a tradable flawless stone.

Are there pets I should not spend a battle-stone on? Today I upgraded the Yu'lon Kite and Alliance balloon but they still show as UC on my print checklist of pets to upgrade! They are blue in my pet journal. Also, I know my pet score is not reflecting the upgrades.

The Sky lantern is one I'm hesitant about since I've read that will waste a stone. Also ..is there a cooldown on summoning a guild page? the Herald is 4 hrs I believe ..didnt see a CD for the page..just wondered. Thanks for any tips...

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Re: Kites/Lanterns and upgrading question

Post by Rioriel » April 4th, 2014, 10:24 am

Every pet in my journal is blue/rare now, except the Sky Lantern, and this site (thanks to the armory) shows the following seven pets as green/uncommon:

Alliance Balloon
Chi-Ji Kite
Guild Herald
Guild Page
Horde Balloon
Sky Lantern
Yu'lon Kite

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » April 4th, 2014, 10:56 am

There is no cooldown on summoning your Guild Page/Herald, however the Guild Page/Herald, along with the Argent Gruntling/Squire have an internal CD to use their special ability (IE: Mailbox, Bank, or Guild Bank, etc).

Now, in terms of stoning you should be able to stone everything except the Sky Lantern (it's bugged), however, there really is no point, only the Argent Squire/Gruntling will show up as rare on Warcraftpets, and you don't need to have them stoned in-game to have them show up as rare on here. The other pets may show up as rare in your pet book, but not on the Armory or Warcraftpets.

Now, some people have OCD and need all the pets in their book to show up as rare, regardless of whether or not they show up as rare on the Armory or Warcraftpets. That's cool.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » April 4th, 2014, 11:27 am

Exactly the answers I needed ...thanks so much. Might as well upgrade the ones that will help my pet score first. I appreciate the help!

Rymoe
Pet Score:4327
Realm:Kilrogg-eu

Post by Rymoe » April 29th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Hmmm, wish I'd read this before wasting 5 flawless battle-stones. Aw well, it's only gold I've chucked away.

God damn it :(

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » April 29th, 2014, 8:43 pm

Rymoe wrote:Hmmm, wish I'd read this before wasting 5 flawless battle-stones. Aw well, it's only gold I've chucked away.

God damn it :(
LOL... if it will make you feel better, I am willing to stone any 5 of your cage-able pets. I have stacks of at least that many of each type of stone. Just message me for battle.tag info.

...and yes, I have stoned all of the pets that I can, including non-battle pets. The only pets I don't have as rare are my horde guild page and herald (the character that learned them is unable to summon them as they have vanished from my pet journal, though they still show up on armory) and that stupid sky lantern.

Rymoe
Pet Score:4327
Realm:Kilrogg-eu

Post by Rymoe » May 18th, 2014, 3:50 pm

Thanks for your very kind offer Maizing, really good of you, but I'll pass (mad I know!) These days farming stones and leveling pets to 25 is all I do, so I don't to make it too easy for myself. :D

Almuric
MVP
Pet Score:10847
Realm:Dentarg-eu

Post by Almuric » May 23rd, 2014, 2:49 am

Has anybody tried stoning the sky lantern since 5.4.8?

Was told many months ago that it should be stonable in 6.0. Wondered if that functionality got put into 5.4.8...

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » May 23rd, 2014, 2:01 pm

As of today it still has all the glitches previously reported (I went ahead and added them all to the comments section for the Sky Lantern) and it remains unstonable. And yes, I just tried.

Almuric
MVP
Pet Score:10847
Realm:Dentarg-eu

Post by Almuric » May 23rd, 2014, 2:57 pm

Good to know, was going to comment there as well but this site doesn't let you comment on a pet more than once so it would have just disappeared back to page 3.

KuroOfTheWind
Top Rater
Pet Score:9082
BattleTag®:TheDoctor#1940
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by KuroOfTheWind » January 4th, 2015, 11:53 pm

Sorry to dig up an old thread but this seems to still be an issue. Is this an issue on the armory side or an issue bringing it to site side.

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » January 5th, 2015, 1:17 am

This is still an issue on the Armory side.
@TamerWakamaru