This Week's C.T. Struggle

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us
This Week's C.T. Struggle

Post by Kel » April 3rd, 2014, 10:33 am

Oh man, I don't know what happened. I just could not get past the C.T. last night. Maybe RNG just wasn't my friend, maybe I just don't know the battles well enough. Nothing was working very well. After about 7 tries I finally gave up.

Wise Mari -
I went with Anubisath Idol, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Emporer Crab. I feel like this was the only battle I had under control. I can get through this one just fine with both the Dragonling and the Idol still alive. I chose the crab because I only had one Strider at max level and I wanted it for another battle.

Blingtron -
I chose my Strider, Kun'Lai Runt and Dark Pheonix Hatchling here. The Strider can dispatch the first guy ok and live long enough to get one shot in against the pig. The Runt cleans up the pig ok as long as RNG doesn't hose me and lives long enough to get Mangle on Mini-Bling. then it's up to RNG as to whether the Pheonix can clean things up or not. I got stuck here several times with some different pets, and finally settled on this final pet based on speed to get in one extra shot. But even at that, this team is not that great. I'm struggling on this one if RNG goes bad.

Kiryn -
So I took Regillixavatar's advice and went Lofty Libram, Terrible Turnip, Menagerie Custodian (I wanted to save my Tonk for Xu-Fu). This battle is ok, as long as I don't totally bork the moves. I'm still not 100% on when the opponent does certain things, so I struggle with when to do my things. Sometimes I could hit it right and get a win here, sometimes not. But even when I did win this one, all but my last pet were dead. That damn turret is insane!

So on the two times I did make it through to the celestials, I chose to do Xu-Fu first. I thought my Howl-Bomb was a good method last time so I decided to stick with it. Maybe RNG just wasn't my friend or something because both times I could not get him down before he wiped my whole team. And if the Howl-Bomb doesn't live, I got nothing for the rest of this. Ugh....
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: This Week's C.T. Struggle

Post by Kpb321 » April 3rd, 2014, 11:18 am

For Blingtron I use a jade tiger for my second pet and that works pretty well against the third pet. I happen to use the Dark Phoenix for my third pet too. Overall, he is one were I feel like my team is the weakest.

For Kiryn you should be taking the Tidal Wave which will destroy the turrets making them a complete non-issue.

Yeah, Xu-Fu's heal can totally screw up your howl bomb if he uses it at the wrong time. Looking at your pets off hand I didn't see any better teams off the top of my head. A Lil Bling or a flying pet with swarm or flock that is faster than xu-fu works really well. My team for him that is 100% reliable is a Call Lightning pet (I use a Tranquil yeti), a s/s fly with swarm and a mech unit. With Call lightning swarm does a pretty decent amount of dmg and if you get lucky he'll use feed against him so it will heal for less. Even if he doesn't use feed on the fly it doesn't really matter because with Call lightning and the double dmg debuff from swarm you can blow him up quickly with a mech. Lil bling works well in place of the fly too.

Mojogrow
Pet Score:3210
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Mojogrow » April 3rd, 2014, 12:44 pm

Waiiit... what? How could Xu'fu give you trouble "with his heal" if he takes 0 damage up until he gets bombed? He shouldn't even use his heal and if he did, it would heal him for 0... WaterSpirit use 3 round bomb(Geyser), 2 round bomb(Whirlpool), switch to Chromie and use howl, by this point he will have hit both a maximum of 2 times, and now be at ~1/3 health AND STUNNED, to which a quick surge of power can take him down. Unless he crits or you miss, there should be no issue. This is my 5th week running it and still no issue here. You shouldn't even need a 3rd pet for this, I use anything in the third slot for all 3 Celestials (@Zao use bite before Surge) (Yu'la is my healer and thus I do not Howl-Bomb her, instead she gets to be solo'd by Clock'em!)

Against Kyrin, I use ANYTHING that can hit like a truck. Raven could work, I used a Zandalari Kneebiter this week, and it was amazing; just anything to get the big guy down. Next I follow the mainstream, using a turnip and just going straight into sons of the root, With the Call lightning up it hurts like crazy (and with black claw from kneebiter, it was down before roots ended.) brush the turrets away, do some damage and then off to ANY mechanical with Ion. It like almost 1 hits the doggy. make sure to know that dodge is on CD and you will be golden.

Bling I use Mongoose pup against the AU, though Any water pet works, Any none-beast with beast attacks(Corefire pup and Lil' Bad wolf work best here for the howl against Lil'bling) for the pig and Fel flame for Bling Not too much problems, I almost lost once due to 2 misses, but it turned out alright in the end.
Last edited by Mojogrow on April 3rd, 2014, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » April 3rd, 2014, 12:45 pm

Best and easiest way for xu fu is the classic spider burn.
First pet one of the fox pets.
Use dazzaling dance you are now faster then him.
Do a claw once and before you die do howl.
Now the fun begins use the spider you have with strongest attack power since the dance move will have you faster then him.
Use brittle web.
Use spiderling this usually finishes him off.
If say having the worst RNG he will be near death have a mechanical yeti or menagerie custodian as last pet one ion cannon and dead xu fu.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » April 3rd, 2014, 12:47 pm

You can also check out Elfuego's pet battle you tube videos. The man is awesome in his details any why he uses certain pets. It really helped me get a handle on cou7nters and using some pets one might not ever think of using here.

Good Luck !

Kel

Post by Kel » April 3rd, 2014, 1:15 pm

Mojogrow wrote:Waiiit... what? How could Xu'fu give you trouble "with his heal" if he takes 0 damage up until he gets bombed? He shouldn't even use his heal and if he did, it would heal him for 0... WaterSpirit use 3 round bomb(Geyser), 2 round bomb(Whirlpool), switch to Chromie and use howl, by this point he will have hit both a maximum of 2 times, and now be at ~1/3 health AND STUNNED, to which a quick surge of power can take him down. Unless he crits or you miss, there should be no issue. This is my 5th week running it and still no issue here. You shouldn't even need a 3rd pet for this, I use anything in the third slot for all 3 Celestials (@Zao use bite before Surge) (Yu'la is my healer and thus I do not Howl-Bomb her, instead she gets to be solo'd by Clock'em!) . . .
Yea, I think RNG just didn't like me. That's exactly what I did; Geyser, Whirlpool, swap to Chrominius, Howl. And sure enough, I missed on the stun turn and he healed on the next turn before I got to go. Happened both times. At that point I should have bailed and used Yu'la to heal them back up and try again. But I was pretty much just a frazzled pile of nerves. So I just logged off and said to heck with it.
Kpb321 wrote:. . .
For Kiryn you should be taking the Tidal Wave which will destroy the turrets making them a complete non-issue.
. . .
I did take Tidal Wave. But it seems like the turrets were still an issue. I'm not sure what happened there.
Kpb321 wrote:. . .
and then off to ANY mechanical with Ion. It like almost 1 hits the doggy. make sure to know that dodge is on CD and you will be golden.
. . .
Definitely the issue on the last one. I wasted Ion Cannon on the Dodge round more than once. I just can't seem to get a grip on what turn he does Dodge, and I misfire every time. :(
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » April 3rd, 2014, 2:50 pm

Mojogrow is right. The howl bomb should be 100% reliable. I'm not sure how you could miss on the attack while he's stunned as all of chromi's attacks are 100% to hit as are Geyser and Whirlpool and there are no hit modifiers or avoidance here. You do seem to have the pets for the spider bomb Digem suggested.

For the turrets it is pretty simple. He ALWAYS does call Lightning then turrets when he swaps in and if you do tidal wave on the second turn you'll blow away the turrets before they can attack once. Assuming he's still alive he'll use turrets again on CD. If you keep having problems one of the elementals from Deepholm with stone skin can mitigate pretty much all of the dmg from the second pet.

For the third pet he always dodges first and since he will be faster you can't nuke him on either that round or the second round. By the third round his Dodge will be on CD and you can safely nuke him.

As far as timing things make sure you have an add on that shows your opponents abilities and their CD's as it makes it pretty easy to time things correctly.

Kel

Post by Kel » April 3rd, 2014, 3:00 pm

Cool, thanks for posting that. That's the kind of stuff I struggle to find on the C.T., when each pet does what move. So much appreciated. 8-)

I'm sure I'll try again tonight. I leave for vacation tomorrow morning so I won't get to try again for this "week" or next. So I really need to pull it off tonight.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13872
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » April 3rd, 2014, 3:10 pm

Try the below for Xu-Fu. Also, if you need some other teams that could work for various bosses, here is my post: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... 405#p78405

Xu-Fu:

Team: Alpine Foxling, Zandalari Anklerender, Darkmoon Tonk

Start With: Alpine Foxling (Bite, Howl, Dazzling Dance)
• Dazzling Dance
• Bite
• Howl <Fox will die>
Next Pet: Zandalari Anklerender (Hunting Party, Leap, Black Claw)
• Black Claw
• Hunting Party <Zand will die>
Next Pet: Darkmoon Tonk (Missile, Shock and Awe, Lock-On)
• Missile until dead

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » April 3rd, 2014, 4:26 pm

Well Howl Bomb doesn't miss unless there is a hit% debuff up. Xufu doesn't have a hit% debuff. I'm not saying you are lying (I don't think that at all), but I definitely think you are misremembering something. 100% abilities just don't miss without something else affecting hit percentage and there is nothing in the Xufu Fight. I could see a lucky crit killing you, but those abilities don't miss.
Waynebrady wrote: Team: Alpine Foxling, Zandalari Anklerender, Darkmoon Tonk

Start With: Alpine Foxling (Bite, Howl, Dazzling Dance)
• Dazzling Dance
• Bite
• Howl <Fox will die>
Next Pet: Zandalari Anklerender (Hunting Party, Leap, Black Claw)
• Black Claw
• Hunting Party <Zand will die>
Next Pet: Darkmoon Tonk (Missile, Shock and Awe, Lock-On)
• Missile until dead
I would actually suggest Alpine Foxling, his 341 power spider, and any third:
R1 Fox - Dazzling Dance
R2 Fox - Flurry
R3 Fox - Howl (Fox Dies)
R4 Spider - Brittle Webbing
R5 Spider - Spiderling Swarm (XuFu dies)

I use this each weak. Only fails if the fox dies before Howl due to crit. I usually keep a couple foxes.

For Shademaster Kiryn, I use a very interesting team:
Macabre Marionette (Bone Bite, Death and Decay, Dead Man's Party)
Terrible Turnip (Tidal Wave, Inspiring Song, Sunlight)
Mechanical that you like

The Macabre Marionette simply destroys the first two pets of this team. Yours isn't rare, but if you ever get it to rare and 25 at the same time, I would recommend trying this out:
R1: Marionette - Death and Decay
R2: Marionette - Dead Man's Party
R3: Marionette - Dead Man's Party continues
R4: Marionette - Dead Man's Party continues (this is the only round the marionette could be killed early)
R5: Marionette - Bone Bite
R6: Marionette - If Nairn is already dead, ignore this step, otherwise Bone Bite again to kill Nairn
R7: Marionette - Dead Man's Party
R8: Marionette - Dead Man's Party continues (Marionette dies here and Stormeon is down to sub 300 HP)
R9: Turnip - Tidal Wave
R10: Turnip - Tidal Wave (Stormeon dies here)
R11: Turnip - Inspiring Song (this is the first round of Summer's dodge)
R12: Swap to Mechanical (this is the second round of Summer's dodge)

From here use your mechanical as you see fit. You have 3-4 rounds before he dodges again.
Last edited by Jerebear on April 3rd, 2014, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kel

Post by Kel » April 3rd, 2014, 4:35 pm

Jerebear wrote:. . .
The Macabre Marionette simply destroys the first two pets of this team. Yours isn't rare, but if you ever get it to rare and 25 at the same time, I would recommend trying this out:
R1: Marionette - Death and Decay
R2: Marionette - Dead Man's Party
R3: Marionette - Dead Man's Party continues
R4: Marionette - Dead Man's Party continues (this is the only round the marionette could be killed early)
R5: Marionette - Bone Bite
R6: Marionette - If Kairn is already dead, ignore this step, otherwise Bone Bite again to kill Kairn
R7: Marionette - Dead Man's Party
R8: Marionette - Dead Man's Party continues (Marionette dies here and Stormeon is down to sub 300 HP)
R9: Turnip - Tidal Wave
R10: Turnip - Tidal Wave (Stormeon dies here)
R11: Turnip - Inspiring Song (this is the first round of Summer's dodge)
R12: Swap to Mechanical (this is the second round of Summer's dodge)

From here use your mechanical as you see fit. You have 3-4 rounds before he dodges again.
What's your thoughts on using an uncommon? Is it just not going to work? I do like the Marionette. I was gonna stone him, but I ended up using the stone on something else.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » April 3rd, 2014, 6:30 pm

It might still work uncommon. The way to tell is if you kill the first pet with it and are still alive. If the first pet kills you before you do him, it won't work. Doesn't hurt to try. Go in, start the fight and if you fail, leave the tourny and heal up. Nairn should be dead by round 6 (2nd bone bite in my break down)

Also, I misspelled the first pet's name before. It should be Nairn. I put Kairn for some reason. I edited my post to fix that.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kel

Post by Kel » April 3rd, 2014, 11:57 pm

Tried it again tonight. managed to set up teams that can get through the first three ok. And then every time, Xu-Fu crits me before I can howl.

I think RNG just hates me. This has been unreal. I'm out of time for this week. Maybe I just need a break from WoW. :?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » April 4th, 2014, 3:33 am

Kel wrote:Tried it again tonight. managed to set up teams that can get through the first three ok. And then every time, Xu-Fu crits me before I can howl.

I think RNG just hates me. This has been unreal. I'm out of time for this week. Maybe I just need a break from WoW. :?
I've had weeks like that! Don't give up, you'll crush him this week!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Mojogrow
Pet Score:3210
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Mojogrow » April 4th, 2014, 8:32 am

Dakaf wrote:I've had weeks like that! Don't give up, you'll crush him this week!
He has to leave for a trip I believe so.. nope :\

I too often complain about stuff missing/RNG, but just remember the good RNG you had in the past! For every double "miss-ile" miss my Warbot does(Seriously, it's a 10% chance and it misses more times than I think it hits)... I remember the fact that I found 2 ruby droplets off of 2 Garnia kills in a row. Or every time my Strider's Pump misses, I recall that clutch BitW at 40% acc. that scored me a win (sandstorms be damned!). Life has ups and downs, and sometimes we tend to focus on the downs and how they pile up, but then ignore all the luck we have had aswell. Keep at it, You will beat Xu-Fu!

Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Sellys » April 7th, 2014, 10:58 am

Strider is fine for Blingtron's first pet. I prefer a zandalari raptor with hunting party/black claw/leap that's faster than the pig for my second pet. It allows me to stomp the pig, and start blingtron with leap/black claw to get the extra damage on him. This week I finished off Blingtron with a P/P shale hatchling. I think it was an emerald but that's not terribly relevant. All the shale hatchlings seem to be the same.

So for bling: Eternal Strider, Zandalari Raptor (kneebiter in my case, your P/S anklebiter should work as well unless the extra 70 hp matters (I don't think it does)), and Emerald Shale Hatchling.

Shale Hatchlings are really good for kirin too. The combination of elemental and a shield means they take no damage from the turrets, and if you're faster the multi attack thing the stormoen uses barely tickles.

Xu fu critting is bad. Do you have a lil' Bling? A stoned Lil' Bling should be able to solo Xu-fu. Start with the 50% damage reduction ability, then make it rain, then inflation, then make it rain. He should be dead and even if he isn't you'll have a round with the inflation damage buff to finish him off with a hard hitting mech like your tonk.

Pinyin
Pet Score:4663
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Pinyin » April 10th, 2014, 6:26 pm

Wise Mari - What has worked for me easy peasy on Wise Mari is using a Molten Hatchling and it solos Mari's pets. The battle takes awhile but the molten hatchling can solo wise mari using leech life/cauterize when it needs healing and the magma wave. The dreadful breath from the carp will kill your backline if you use the molten hatchling -so I just use level 11 pets.

Blingtron 4k - I use Mirror strider, Elec Razortooth, and Fel Flame.
I've used mirror strider (pump x2, heal, pump x2) and if I am lucky I kill it with the second set of pumps. Then I bring in a razor tooth on the pig (rip, blood int he water, devour) and I can usually get a rip on the third pet it brings out. Fel flame uses immolate, conflag and burn.

Kiryn is usually the one that gives me fits. I use harbinger, crow s/s, and son of animus. I've also used an amethyst spider, turnip (sunlight, leech, tidal wave), and sun reaver with mixed results.