Treasure Goblin Team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Regillixavatar
Pet Score:1735
Realm:Trollbane-us
Treasure Goblin Team

Post by Regillixavatar » March 21st, 2014, 8:03 am

As a long time Diablo II and III player I absolutely had to jump at the chance to have a Treasure Goblin of my very own and now I need to figure out a good PvP team for him. I've had some fun Cleansing away Cyclone, Geyser, and gated out on a nuke or two but I haven't found a team that really works.

Anyone else using one in PvP battles? Have any team suggestions?

Sile9
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Re: Treasure Goblin Team

Post by Sile9 » March 22nd, 2014, 5:14 pm

Unfortunately it's one of those pets that are unique, but don't really fill a niche. You might want to try it on a Feign Death team with a Valk and Scalded Basilisk Hatchling/Chi-Chi to take care of pets faster than your other feigner with Magic Sword versus flyers, resistance to rabbit Flurry, and dispelling of death adder's Blind Poison and dots.

Shamirah
Pet Score:1889
Realm:Elune-eu

Post by Shamirah » March 22nd, 2014, 5:40 pm

I find the goblin to be totally useless. He does NO damage... and you have to pray that he does not miss or you need another pet to boost his hit rating.

He might be less useless with the dread hatchling buff (+25% hit chance and damage) but that's about it... I'm really disappointed with him. So lackluster.

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Se5s » March 26th, 2014, 10:30 pm

actually i find the treasure goblin even worse than useless. magic sword is basically a 515 dmg ability with a 75% chance to hit THAT CAN'T CRIT. xufu's spirit claws have similar damage, 5% more hit, auto hit in moonlight (which xufu himself can put up), and CAN CRIT. there has to be something to this move that we're all not seeing, or maybe hasn't been put in the game yet, i dunno. other than that, he has 3 abilities that WOULD HAVE AMAZING SYNERGY...except 2 are in the same slot? >_> wtf..? O.o wild magic + coin toss + auto crit might actually get there...against a complete idiot >_> and you know, dodge is cool...on a 325+ speed pet...wtf is going with this guy? does blizzard just hate on goblins or something? o.O