JUST BOUGHT S/S GILNEAN RAVEN!!!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us
JUST BOUGHT S/S GILNEAN RAVEN!!!

Post by Abashera » March 15th, 2014, 3:14 am

I've been checking the AH regularly for an S/S. When I bought a P/B a couple weeks ago for a few hundred gold, I told my friend (who thought I would never find a S/S) that it gave me hope that I may still one day find an S/S (hopefully being sold by someone who doesn’t understand breeds).

Just a few minutes ago I checked the AH. I had been staying faaaaaaaar away from the AH, because I’m trying to save gold. But this day I decided to check, thinking there would be no deals good enough to tempt me. But THERE IT WAS!!! ...a rare, rare, lvl 1, S/S.

I quickly jumped on four other toons, including my AH/Bank alt, and mailed in the gold to my main. Man those loading screens seem to take an eternity when you’re trying to get such a rare find before anyone else discovers it!

For 15k I think the seller had some idea what he was selling. Though honestly, he could have gotten at least 100,000 from a collector with more gold than me.

I’m dirt poor now, but it was worth every cent.

Hopefully my rare lvl 25 B/B will sell for 5k so I won’t be this poor. But I think I’ll keep the P/B. :)

So for you peeps who would like to own one, just keep your eye out, you never know. I’m Horde side, and the chances for me to find one is a little more slim than on Alliance side.

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Re: JUST BOUGHT S/S GILNEAN RAVEN!!!

Post by Wakamaru » March 15th, 2014, 9:50 am

Congrats, what an awesome find! :D This is one of my all time favorite pets - I love my S/S Ravens!
@TamerWakamaru

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » March 16th, 2014, 6:21 am

I love this pet. I did my 10 dailies recently w/ 2 ravens and valk...it was a quick win :lol:

Neuropathy
Top Rater
Pet Score:6696
Realm:Ursin-us

Post by Neuropathy » March 16th, 2014, 8:58 pm

I bought an uncommon SS Raven a couple months ago for 4250 & turned around and sold my stoned BB lvl 25 for 4999. Worth it! Still waiting on a flying stone for the SS...but I've slacked off majorly on the dailies. :P

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » March 17th, 2014, 5:57 pm

I'm sort of surprised people are willing to pay that much for an SS Raven when SS Crows are <relatively> easy to get and throw a stone on...

Denarian
Pet Score:2743
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Denarian » March 18th, 2014, 7:20 am

Hootstwo wrote:I'm sort of surprised people are willing to pay that much for an SS Raven when SS Crows are <relatively> easy to get and throw a stone on...
SS crows are somewhat difficult to get, in my opinion, and also are only available certain at certain times. But the SS crow is not an SS Gilnean Raven, as their move sets are different. Plus, you cannot buy an S/S Gilnean Raven anymore from the vendor, making them rare and getting rarer until we see what breeding does in WoD.

Leowulf
Pet Score:4114
Realm:Balnazzar-eu

Post by Leowulf » March 18th, 2014, 1:06 pm

Ok, so I just stumbled across this thread while casually browsing, having previously had no idea about the Gilnean Raven breed back-story. I checked my own out of curiosity and it turns out I have a Blue lvl 25 S/S female that I never really use. Pets just don't tend to sell on my server's AH (I have the largest & highest scoring collection on my server by quite a long way, mostly by trading via alts on other servers) so it never occurred to me that I had anything worth selling. Now I'm wondering if there's anyone out there interested in a trade? There are still a few TCG pets I'd love to get my hands on...

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 18th, 2014, 1:57 pm

They're quite tradeable, I'd suggest you go to the appropriate trade forum here and post with what you're looking for. You'll get a better response that way.

Hootstwo
Top Rater

Post by Hootstwo » March 19th, 2014, 8:24 pm

Denarian wrote:
Hootstwo wrote:I'm sort of surprised people are willing to pay that much for an SS Raven when SS Crows are <relatively> easy to get and throw a stone on...
SS crows are somewhat difficult to get, in my opinion, and also are only available certain at certain times. But the SS crow is not an SS Gilnean Raven, as their move sets are different. Plus, you cannot buy an S/S Gilnean Raven anymore from the vendor, making them rare and getting rarer until we see what breeding does in WoD.
I realize their move sets aren't strictly the same. But for practical purposes I think they are. How many ravens have you ever seen out and about that are NOT using Nocturnal Strike and Call Darkness?

Raax
Pet Score:10990
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Raax » March 20th, 2014, 9:33 am

I just realised I have a level 1 uncommon S/S Gilnean Raven. I didn't realise it was a good pet. Can somebody explain to me why I should be levelling it?

Hootstwo
Top Rater

Post by Hootstwo » March 20th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Raax wrote:I just realised I have a level 1 uncommon S/S Gilnean Raven. I didn't realise it was a good pet. Can somebody explain to me why I should be levelling it?
Because the combination of Call Darkness and Nocturnal Strike make for one of the absolute hardest hitting one-two punches in the game. The SS is useful because it's VERY fast and gets its hits in first.

Mavix1988
Pet Score:1567
Realm:Agamaggan-eu

Post by Mavix1988 » April 3rd, 2014, 5:08 pm

Perhaps I should make a Worgen to buy one. He seems to be worth it. :D

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » April 3rd, 2014, 5:18 pm

Mavix1988 wrote:Perhaps I should make a Worgen to buy one. He seems to be worth it. :D
If you make a Worgen now you'll get a B/B raven. All other breeds including the s/s are no longer available which is why they are more valuable.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » April 4th, 2014, 7:54 am

Many have actually gone for the P/S Gilnean Raven/Crow due to the added power on call darkness/nocturnal strike. If you think about it, skyhigh speed is kinda a waste on flyers due to their racial. Look at the [pet]Yellow Moth[/pet], its one of the few flyers that can have P/P, and it hits like a truck. Plus being fast thanks to flying racial.

WoD prepurchase added the [pet]Dread Hatchling[/pet], essentially a P/P version of the Gilnean Raven. It hits truly monstrously with call darkness and nocturnal strike.

Hootstwo
Top Rater

Post by Hootstwo » April 5th, 2014, 11:19 am

Luciandk wrote:Many have actually gone for the P/S Gilnean Raven/Crow due to the added power on call darkness/nocturnal strike. If you think about it, skyhigh speed is kinda a waste on flyers due to their racial. Look at the [pet]Yellow Moth[/pet], its one of the few flyers that can have P/P, and it hits like a truck. Plus being fast thanks to flying racial.

WoD prepurchase added the [pet]Dread Hatchling[/pet], essentially a P/P version of the Gilnean Raven. It hits truly monstrously with call darkness and nocturnal strike.
I totally agree with this, I had 2 SS Crows, but honestly, I don't think they're as useful across the board as my PS Raven and Crows. The extra wallop from the PS breed wins out in my experience.

Gulnarr
Pet Score:2379
BattleTag®:Gulnarr#1172
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Gulnarr » April 6th, 2014, 4:24 pm

Luciandk wrote:Many have actually gone for the P/S Gilnean Raven/Crow due to the added power on call darkness/nocturnal strike. If you think about it, skyhigh speed is kinda a waste on flyers due to their racial. Look at the [pet]Yellow Moth[/pet], its one of the few flyers that can have P/P, and it hits like a truck. Plus being fast thanks to flying racial.

I agree with you about preferring power breeds on flyers, and that the extra speed is wasted due to their racial. The reason people want S/S ravens though is because of the second half of the fight. An S/S raven will be at 325 speed when their racial falls off, which will probably let them keep getting the bonus damage out of alpha strike, and will also probably let them get an additional attack off before dying. In some situations that might be better than just having an extra bit of power or health throughout the fight.

Brenloth
Pet Score:2548
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Brenloth » April 15th, 2014, 3:13 am

Hey all,

If anyone is looking for S/S Ravens in EU, I have some of them; both rare and uncommon ones, all 1 lvl.
I can sell them for 15K/each or 40K for 3*Raven(uncommon) @Kazzak(EU) or @Stormscale(EU).
Feel free to PM me.

Regards