Fastest Route Around Pandaria

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us
Fastest Route Around Pandaria

Post by Jerebear » March 13th, 2014, 8:48 pm

I'm trying to shave up my time on the Pandaria tamers. I'm not doing BoF during this circuit, so I am excluding them in this question. Which route is the fastest to all the tamers? Here's what I do currently:

Thundering
Whispering
Jade Forest
Valley of the Four Winds
Krasasong Wilds
Flowing
Dread Wastes
Townlong Steppes
Burning
Kun-Lai
Vale of Eternal Blossums

I can do this circuit in around 37-40 mins depending on RNG, but I want to tighten that up. What routes do yall use? I'm hoping to get closer to 30 mins for all 11 tamers. I mostly use suggested pet teams from our 5.4 guide.
Last edited by Jerebear on March 13th, 2014, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Fastest Route Around Pandaria

Post by Peanutty » March 13th, 2014, 9:00 pm

Assuming I'm trying to level two pets from lvl 1 to 25 I do two routes, which generally involves 2-3 toons depending on which need valor points.

Route 1: Jade Forest -> Air Spirit (Whispering) -> Earth Spirit (Thundering) -> Kun-Lai -> Fire Spirit (Burning) -> Townlong

Route 2 (this includes a toon that's parked in Winterspring solely for this purpose): Winterspring tamer + a random battle against a bunny or something -> Valley of Four Winds -> Krasarang -> Water Spirit (Flowing) -> Dread Waste -> (then hearth to) Vale of Eternal Blossoms

My route is partially based on speed from point to point, and partially on practicality of carrying pets of certain lower levels. Your route is probably faster but I tend to afk a lot, doing other things on the side, so I don't have a good timer on it. I know route 1 takes just under 30 min but I haven't altered my teams in many months, so I'm just going with tried-and-true versus using newer ideas or pets that might shave off a little extra time.

Harpua
Pet Score:4602
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpua » March 13th, 2014, 9:15 pm

I don't know if this is fastest, but it works for me.

Flight = druid flight form
Flight Path = use kite/wind rider from town to town.

I use Halfhill as my "base".
Short flight to the Farmer
Flight over the mountains to Mistfall village
Flight up to Kun Lai Summitt
Flight to Fire Spirit in Townlong Steppes
Flight to the tamer outside Nizau temple
Flight to the Shado Pan Base where I heal
Grab the Flight Path to Klaxivess
Grab the Flight Path to Soggy's Gamble
Flight to Water Spirit
Flight to Horde base in Kraserang
Grab the Flight Path to Thunder Cleft
Flight to the monkey in Kraserang
Back to Thunder Cleft to grab the Flight Path to Dawn's Blossom
Quick flight to the tamer nearby
Flight to the Air Spirit
Flight to the Thundering Spirit
Either hearth back to Halfhill or turn in quests at the Shrine.

Usually takes me around an hour.

Helbrecht
Pet Score:4274
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Helbrecht » March 14th, 2014, 12:29 pm

I don't know if my route is the fastest, but here it is anyway:

Start @ Aki -> Nishi -> Mo'ruk -> Hyuna -> Whispering -> Thundering -> Yon -> Burning -> Zusshi -> Wastewalker -> Flowing

I rarely bother with Obalis or Major Payne, but I'll do the Darkmoon if it's up.

Mwebly
Pet Score:10448
BattleTag®:Webly#1586
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Mwebly » March 14th, 2014, 12:44 pm

I do the same circuit you do Jere, but in a slightly different order:

Thundering
Kun-Lai
Burning
Townlong Steppes
Vale of Eternal Blossums
Dread Wastes
Flowing
Krasasong Wilds
Valley of the Four Winds
Jade Forest
Whispering

I always use a food buff and never carry a level 24. Since I finish in the Jade Forest, I go to Nitum and use the remaining 20 minutes left on the food buff to battle the critter groups around him and finish off the level 24s I created in the circuit. All my pets are 22 or higher and I might do things differently if I still had a bunch of low levels but this has worked out terrific for me. Another 18 days of this and I am finished leveling!

I used to include the other non-Pandaria trainers who gave big xp but now I just do this lap.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » March 14th, 2014, 1:24 pm

Me, I just park a different alt at each tamer and log in and out on each one. No travel time makes it go much faster... and my alts get xp!

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » March 14th, 2014, 1:43 pm

Well, I go from Kun Lai -> Stepps -> Vale -> Dread Wastes -> Dread Wastes -> hearth to vale -> valley -> Wildes -> Jade -> Jade.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » March 17th, 2014, 3:17 pm

As an update, I tried a slightly different order and managed to reduce my travel time by 2 minutes consistantly. I tried:
Jade Forest
Whispering
Thundering
Vale of Eternal Blossoms
Valley of the Four Winds
Krasasong Wilds
Flowing
Dread Wastes
Kun - Lai Summit
Burning
Townlong Steppes

I was able to get my average time around 35 minutes, which doesn't sound like much of an improvement, but when I moved on to Northrend/Cata tamers, I occasionally got an extra one before the buff expired. I didn't use any hearthing in that pattern, just full on flight (Paladin with max flying)

Once I finished the last Pandaria tamer, I Argent Tabard teleported and did:
Major Payne
Crystal Song Forest
Zul Drak
Dragon Blight
(Hearth + Portal to SW) => Deepholme
Mt. Hyjal
Twilight Highlands (the extra I don't usually have time for)
Obalis in Uldum

Which got me 19 tamers in 1 hour. I would probably need to shave a lot more time to get the last Northrend tamer in Howling Fjord since he is so far from all the others.
Kendrah wrote:Well, I go from Kun Lai -> Stepps -> Vale -> Dread Wastes -> Dread Wastes -> hearth to vale -> valley -> Wildes -> Jade -> Jade.
How long does that take you?

Itty
MVP
Pet Score:3383
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Post by Itty » March 17th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Mwebly wrote:
I always use a food buff and never carry a level 24. Since I finish in the Jade Forest, I go to Nitum and use the remaining 20 minutes left on the food buff to battle the critter groups around him and finish off the level 24s I created in the circuit. All my pets are 22 or higher and I might do things differently if I still had a bunch of low levels but this has worked out terrific for me. Another 18 days of this and I am finished leveling!

I used to include the other non-Pandaria trainers who gave big xp but now I just do this lap.
If you have 20 minutes left on your food buff, it would be more time-efficient to use the three Cataclysm tamers for your level 24s, especially since you're ending in Jade Forest. You can use the portal in Paw'don Village if you're Alliance or Honeydew Village if you're Horde to get to your capital city. From there, it takes less than 10 minutes to use portals to hit the three tamers, each of which can level a 24 or high 23 in one fight.

Doing so gives an 60 extra gold per day and you can end with some food buff banked for the next day if you logoff.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » March 17th, 2014, 5:26 pm

I've always wondered the same thing myself.

Personally I do

Thundering
Whispering
Jade Forest
Valley of the Four Winds
Krasasong Wilds
Flowing
Dread Wastes
Kun - Lai Summit
Burning
Townlong Steppes

--- I've got an alt parked at Vale of Eternal Blossoms so I don't include that in my rotation but I could also move him else where if that ended up being a big difference. I'm thinking Krasasong Wilds might be a better time saver.

Off hand I'd say it is probably around 35-40 minutes depending on how the battles go and how closely I am paying attention to the circuit. I usually do two of the three Cataclysm, skipping Twlight Highlands as it is the longest flight, Uldum and Payne after doing the Pandaria trainers.

Theoretically, you should be able come up with a definitive answer as you can get distance(s) between the trainers and come up with a total distance traveled for any given route altho it does become the classic traveling salesman problem.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » March 30th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Earth Pandaren - Trainer
Dos Ryga
Air Pandaren - Trainer
Nitun
Hyuna - Trainer
Ka'Wi
Nishi - Trainer
Lucky Yi
Aki - Trainer
NoNo
Ti'Un
Yon - Trainer
Kafi
Fire Pandaren - Trainer
Zushi - Trainer
Wastewalker Shu - Trainer
Gorespine
Water Pandaren - Trainer
Greyhoof
Skitterer
Moruk - Trainer

--

This will complete all the trainers and all three Beasts of Fable quests.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » March 31st, 2014, 2:44 pm

Wow, I think I'm odd. I based my route off how I knew I could start with a level 1 and keep it alive. So I go:

Route 1:
Hyuna - Whispering Spirit - Yon - Burning Spirit - Zushi

Route 2:
Aki - Nishi - Mo'Ruck - Flowing Spirit - Sho

As you can see, I skip Thundering Spirit because I haven't figured out how to carry a pet through that battle. That being said, with the Safari Hat and a 10% treat from the BoF quests I can usually get 2 pets from level 1 to 25 with this method and it seems to take me right at the full hour of the treat. Again, totally based on how I felt I could keep the carry pet alive in each battle. Hyuna and Aki are simple for level 1 pets to survive, so they had to be the starting points.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » April 4th, 2014, 9:52 pm

Kel wrote:As you can see, I skip Thundering Spirit because I haven't figured out how to carry a pet through that battle.
Actually that is my level 1 pet trainer because the leveling pet never gets hit :) S/S Alpine Hare, H/S Fox Kit and carry pet. You can find that strategy posted if you search.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » April 7th, 2014, 11:47 am

Kel wrote:Wow, I think I'm odd. I based my route off how I knew I could start with a level 1 and keep it alive. So I go:

Route 1:
Hyuna - Whispering Spirit - Yon - Burning Spirit - Zushi

Route 2:
Aki - Nishi - Mo'Ruck - Flowing Spirit - Sho

As you can see, I skip Thundering Spirit because I haven't figured out how to carry a pet through that battle. That being said, with the Safari Hat and a 10% treat from the BoF quests I can usually get 2 pets from level 1 to 25 with this method and it seems to take me right at the full hour of the treat. Again, totally based on how I felt I could keep the carry pet alive in each battle. Hyuna and Aki are simple for level 1 pets to survive, so they had to be the starting points.
This is very easy to carry a level 1 pet through. Do this:

1. Start with your level 1 pet, it will always get stunned by the Thundering Elemental.
2. Swap to a snail (I use Shimmershell Snail H/P) when level 1 gets stunned, use Dive, then Acidic Goo, then Ooze touch a couple times to kill the Earth Spirit. I use a snail because it is critter and cannot get stunned.
3. Your snail will be alive for 1-2 hits on the Ooze, make sure you get Acidic Goo up on the Ooze. Then when it dies use a Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling. Use it's Flame Breath until Ooze is dead. You should have 1-2 hits on the ooze with 25% damage buff from Acidic Goo.
4. Then when the Mouse/Rat comes out, use Bombing Run, then Flame Breath, then Decoy, then Flame Breath, Flame Breath, Bombing Run, then a final Flame Breath and the Mouse/Rat should be dead.

--

A couple things with this strat. Occasionally your Dive will miss, in which case just start the fight over. And occasionally your Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling will miss it's breath on the Ooze, in which case I have timed everything so I can actually use Decoy on the Ooze and have it up 8 rounds later on the Mouse/Rat to finish the battle. About 90-95% of the time this fight goes through as planned and you don't have to make any adjustments.

Knotrandall
Pet Score:4912
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Post by Knotrandall » April 14th, 2014, 1:05 pm

Jerebear wrote:As an update, I tried a slightly different order and managed to reduce my travel time by 2 minutes consistantly. I tried:
Jade Forest
Whispering
Thundering
Vale of Eternal Blossoms
Valley of the Four Winds
Krasasong Wilds
Flowing
Dread Wastes
Kun - Lai Summit
Burning
Townlong Steppes

I was able to get my average time around 35 minutes, which doesn't sound like much of an improvement, but when I moved on to Northrend/Cata tamers, I occasionally got an extra one before the buff expired. I didn't use any hearthing in that pattern, just full on flight (Paladin with max flying)
That's the route that I use also, except lately I've been reversing the last 3 (Zusshi->Burning->Yon) because Yon is a closer flight to the Valley where I battle critters with my trusty cornish rex cat to finish off my 24s. Or sometimes I just log at Yon and the next day make the trip in reverse.

It might be more efficient to battle Cata trainers with the leftover time, but I just really never feel like it.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » April 14th, 2014, 2:26 pm

If you are gonna park your alt at Yon at the end and reverse the pattern the next day and you don't plan on playing that toon other than tamer battles, then doing Cata tamers isn't as efficient as what you are doing.

I use all of my alts for different things, so it gets inconvenient for me to keep a single alt only on tamers (plus only my main has full flight speed). If I don't do the cata and northrend tamers, then that last 25 minutes of the buff will go to waste for me. I probably should have invested in the fastest flight speed for another toon for this, but I never did.

I usually have a lower level toon handle all my wild battle pets. I place them around Nitun until I hit level 87/88 and then head out to gorespine in dread wastes (this is a really good wild pet levelling spot).

Cheln
Pet Score:5060
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Cheln » April 20th, 2014, 2:37 am

Pandaria usually takes me 35 to 45 mintues, depending on if I stop for warscouts on the way. If I ignore warscouts I usually get all 11 pandaria battles (excluding legendaries) plus Obalis, Major Payne, Bloodknight Antari and Bordin Steadyfist within the 1 hour pet food buff, I then fight Brok and Goz without the food buff. If Darkmoon Faire is up I do that instead of Bordin with the food buff. I have all my teams set up using Pet Battle Teams addon with those pets that I wish to level chosen and put into the empty slots prior to commencing the trip. I have obtained the 4 hour and 8 hour hearth cloaks (to SW),the tabard to hearth to the northrend tournament (Major Payne) and the necklace to hearth to Shadowmoon Valley (Bloodknight Antari) so my trip has been shortened greatly with these. One thing I have to do though using these items after Obalis and Major Payne is log out then back in after the fight as they often bug out and do not work, I go to the tent after Major Payne so the log out is instant and at Obalis I just wait to 20 seconds. Seems petty but I rarely level pets outside of the dailies so I like to make the most use of the buffs.

Vale of Eternal Blossoms- Aki
Valley of 4 Winds - Nishi
Krasarang Wilds- Mo'ruk
Dread Wastes - Flowing spirit
Dread Wastes- Wastewalker Shu
Townlong Steppes - Seeker Zushi
Townlong Steppes - Burning Spirit
Kun-Lai Summit - Yon
Kun-Lai Summit - Thundering Spirit
Jade Forest - Whispering Spirit
Jade Forest - Hyuna
Uldum - Obalis
Icecrown - Major Payne
ShadowMoon Valley - Bloodknight Antari
Darkmoon Faire if up
Deepholm - Bordin Steadyfist
Mt Hyjal - Brok
Twilight Highlands - Goz Banefury

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » April 20th, 2014, 9:02 am

If you are willing to put in the time, the Argent Tabard will help with that. After I do the pandaria tamers, I use it to teleport to Major Payne, then do Headless Jacob, the guy in zuldrak, and the guy in Dragon Blight. I don't do the guy in Howling Fjord cause it is way to far. I then teleport to Shrine and then Stormwind and go do as many Cata tamers as I can:
Tamer in DeepHolme
Tamer in Mt. Hyjal
If I have less than a minute, I go on to Obalis, otherwise the tamer in Twilight Highlands, then Obalis

Once I got all the teams mentioned in our 5.4 guide, I was able to do all 11 pandaria tamers, 4/5 Northrend tamers, and all 4 Cata tamers with one food buff pretty regularly. Occasionally I would only do 3/4 Cata if I messed up a previous fight and had to restart.