Gendered Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Druzy
Pet Score:4598
Realm:Uldaman-us
Gendered Pets

Post by Druzy » March 10th, 2014, 4:22 pm

With Warlords of Draenor coming out (December is proposed date) and [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/post-blizzcon-2013-wrap-up-pets-in-wod/]breeding for rarer pets being made possible[/url] I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how this would work.

Christoph Schaffhauser, petsear.ch, has a brilliant little page that lets you see which breed you have collected and whether or not that particular pet comes in single or dual gender.

[pet]Sporeling Sprout[/pet] being used as an example, it comes in male and female with a range of breeds. Would I need to collect a male and female of the same breed or can I mix types?

What if I were to try with [pet]Flayer Youngling[/pet] which is male only but also comes in a variety of breeds? Would I be able to spawn a successful offspring or just end up with confused, yet happy, little humanoid pets?

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Re: Gendered Pets

Post by Dakaf » March 11th, 2014, 5:32 am

According to the most recent information that I have read, breeds aren't going to matter. It is going to be more of combining pets, rather than actual "breeding". Please correct me if I'm incorrect others!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD