Epic pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Nytemayre
Top Rater
Pet Score:13400
Realm:Darkspear-us
Epic pets

Post by Nytemayre » March 9th, 2014, 4:16 pm

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about us being able to capture epic or legendary pets at any time in the near future? 8-)

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Epic pets

Post by Luciandk » March 9th, 2014, 4:58 pm

Only thing we know is that they decided against Epic pets from Breeding. And good thing that was, as it wouldve upset balance terribly, and making rare pets useless. Who really wants to reupgrade all their pets again?

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » March 9th, 2014, 5:46 pm

I think and hope that epic pets for player are a long way off. While it would be cool to have epic or even legendary pets it would also completely screw things up for PVP and PVE if we had pets anywhere near as powerful as the Tamer epic and legendary pets. All your rares would be instantly underpowered by comparison. The only way I could see adding them working was if it was also accompanying a pet level cap increase as that always means a fair amount of changes.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » March 10th, 2014, 6:05 am

Yes it would have been a nightmare for pvp and made pve trivial for those lucky enough to have one or more.
While the breeding sounded fun/cool in theory to have the dreaded RNG decide who gets it would of been horrible.
Those lucky enough to get one or more would have such an advantage over those not lucky would have lead to major problems.
Look how many haven't gotten the darkmoon eye pet, took me almost a year, RNG to decide who gets these pets will not work.
Only way they could ever be introduced is if blizz gives the first one to everyone.