Twitch.tv Pet Battling for a prize! (updated! 3/26)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12649
Realm:Stormrage-us
Twitch.tv Pet Battling for a prize! (updated! 3/26)

Post by Chibimage » February 4th, 2014, 6:28 pm

Thursday night at 7:30pm I'll be doing a livestream of my 10 weekly PvP pet battles at http://twitch/tv.jensketch - but here is the twist:

You choose my teams! If you participate, you have a chance to win an in-game Battle.net store pet!

To smooth the process a little, I've added an email for participants to send the teams to:

jensketchpetbattles@gmail.com

This accomplishes two goals; one, we don't need to spend time during the stream of me asking all the details of teams/abilities, etc and two, this gets me your email so if you're a winner, I can send along the prize right away! Luthorien was last week's winner!

(Time still flexible - but a lot of people showed up last Thursday so I thought I'd try Thursday again)

http://twitch.tv/jensketch

When sending an email, just include the 3 battle pets you want me to use (I have nearly all of them and *almost* all of them at 25 as well) and it would be extra helpful if you added which abilities you wanted slotted as well. This will expedite the process on Thursday.

Then, show up to the stream Thursday at 7:30pm EDT and watch craziness ensue!

It was great, great fun last week -- hope to see everyone there!
Last edited by Chibimage on March 26th, 2014, 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chibimage
Top Rater

Re: Twitch.tv Pet Battling Stream, with a twist!

Post by Chibimage » February 5th, 2014, 11:34 am

Bit of a wrench in the plans as Twitch has a 20-25s delay. This will cause some issues with direct ability directions. I'm pondering solutions. I'd still love to do a team of your choice and general directions - which I think could work out well.

I'm not in this for a monetization of my Twitch stream - I just love the interactivity and thought this would be a great way to boost the visibility of pet battling and have a chance for us to get together once a week, etc.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » February 5th, 2014, 1:28 pm

I think this sounds like a lot of fun.

You might just have to be satisfied with battle stipulation before the battle, like, "Play a team with 3 Anubs using only demolish", and then watching to see it unfold.

I know this is not play-by-play, but it still has some of the spirit you outline above.

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » February 5th, 2014, 2:20 pm

Yeah totally that's what I was thinking how it could go down. I mean, I'll do *anything* literally. If you want me to play 3 squirrels and just do their Nut Toss, I'll do that lol Anything!

(Actually I'm thinking I don't have 3 squirrels at 25. Oh noes!)

During the "Lobby" phase I'll get a list of interested parties in the chat in Twitch - that means if interested in participating (and that means eligible for the prize of an in-game Battle.net shop pet) you will have to sign up for Twitch.tv - this is a free registration like any other and it will allow you to type in chat - and various other things, such as follow my channel or others, if you so wish, etc.

Once I have the list, I'll call out the first person and they get to choose my pet battle team and general fight directions!

I'll queue up and because of the 20s delay - I'll have to try and win! A bit different than the full puppet idea, but I really don't see a way around it right now. Besides, this is just a bit of fun anyway :)

I'll keep going down the list until I've won my 10 PVP games of the week, or an hour has passed.

At the end of the hour - I'll pick randomly from the participants a winner of the in-game pet! I'll then need a message of your email to send the pet.

Like I said, if this seems to work and people have fun - I may make this a weekly event, even with the giveaway!

Chibimage
Top Rater

Re: Twitch.tv Pet Battling for a prize! (updated! 2/10)

Post by Chibimage » February 10th, 2014, 9:39 pm

Updated the main post with new information! Participate and win a battle pet!!

Chibimage
Top Rater

Re: Twitch.tv Pet Battling for a prize! (updated! 3/5)

Post by Chibimage » March 6th, 2014, 8:41 am

bump for tonight! Get those teams in! :)

Chibimage
Top Rater

Re: Twitch.tv Pet Battling for a prize! (updated! 3/5)

Post by Chibimage » March 6th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Was really fun tonight - had 8 teams sent in, went 6/10 and Josh won the drawing and chose an Alterac Brew Pup as his prize!!

Will be taking a 2 week break (going on Holiday overseas) and will be back 3/27!! You're welcome to send in teams anytime between now and then!

Was thinking since it was a long break, I may have multiple winners on the week I come back :) Tune in and send in your team for a chance to win! :)

Chibimage
Top Rater

Re: Twitch.tv Pet Battling for a prize! (updated! 3/26)

Post by Chibimage » March 26th, 2014, 1:21 pm

Bump since there has been a two week break -- I was out of the country. But I'm back and this is still on!