Invalid target

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Branimirfabek1
Realm:Dun Morogh-eu
Invalid target

Post by Branimirfabek1 » March 5th, 2014, 1:17 pm

I've just started to collect pets. My options are Snow Cub, Alpine Hare and Long Tailed Mole. They are all marked with a green paw symbol. But when I try to tame them I get a message: "Invalid target". Somebody help me! :(

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Invalid target

Post by Gwenolyn » March 5th, 2014, 1:30 pm

You right click to engage in a pet battle. Do you have the pet battle skill? Is there a pet(s) in the slot(s) ready to do battle?

Pet/mount tab. select pet tab. choose a pet and drag it to the slot. then right click a pet with a paw print in the wild. when it's health is low enough, you will get a choice (#4 I think) to capture it.

you have to battle the pet to "tame" it. It's actually called capture... hope this helps.

Branimirfabek1

Post by Branimirfabek1 » March 5th, 2014, 1:42 pm

And also, when I try to start a pet battle, I get a message: "Failed to create pet battle". Paw sign by that animal's name is red.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » March 5th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Probably obvious but the wild pet has to be low on health before you can tame it so you might need to beat it up a bit with out killing it. Also you can only tame one pet per battle.

Branimirfabek1

Post by Branimirfabek1 » March 5th, 2014, 2:17 pm

The thing is I can't even create a pet battle in the first place. My pet, actually companion is Snowshoe Rabbit level 1, health 151/151. It has Scratch ability 95% hit chance; 31 critter damage.

Branimirfabek1

Post by Branimirfabek1 » March 5th, 2014, 2:26 pm

This is my first mission given to me by pet trainer: "Learning the ropes" (Win a pet battle). I've bought my companion (Snowshoe Rabbit) from that battle pet master.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » March 5th, 2014, 2:36 pm

In the pet window make sure you drag your rabbit over to the right hand side into the top pet spot. The other two should be locked right now.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » March 5th, 2014, 3:17 pm

Having the pet out doesn't count. It has to be in the slot in the interface menu. You can even have a different pet out than the one that's battling.

So put the Hare's Icon in the pet slot in the pet tab first. Then engage in battle.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » March 5th, 2014, 3:39 pm

You can either try 'Shift P' and click on the pets tab or choose the pet tab in the micro menu. Then you need to put one of your pets from the left side into one of the 3 slots in the right side (at the point you are at in your battling you probably only have one slot unlocked). Now you should be able to battle wild critters. Hope this helps.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Branimirfabek1

Post by Branimirfabek1 » March 6th, 2014, 2:48 am

It is already in the battle pet slot.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » March 6th, 2014, 3:42 am

Pet battles are disabled in the free to play version of WoW, you must have a subscription running to play them. The free to play version produces this error "Failed to create pet battle" if you try to engage in PvE or PvP battles.

Branimirfabek1

Post by Branimirfabek1 » March 6th, 2014, 9:58 am

A-ha- THAT'S it! Thank you for that information. I'm pIayin trial version. I guess I won't be taming no animals for a while (maybe at all). :(