Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us
Leveling service prices?

Post by Dakaf » March 3rd, 2014, 9:25 am

I recently finished leveling all of my pets, and am thinking about offering my time to others. I still like to do the daily bags, more stones are always welcome!

I'm just wondering what you guys see as a fair price. Specifically those who have done or bought this service.

Thanks!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Leveling service prices?

Post by Jerebear » March 3rd, 2014, 9:56 am

Well it really depends on your server economy. It's gonna vary. On my server, it's 1k ish usually (sometimes you see a lower advert, but on average it's 1k). My server has inflated prices though. I would suggest looking at the price difference for 1 vs 25 pets on your AH and undershoot that however much you feel comfortable.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » March 3rd, 2014, 1:34 pm

I generally jack up the price of a level 25 pet by 1k over the AH prices, so a leveling service would be 1k.

However, since I was first, I tend to be the trendsetter for "fair" pricing on my sever and as peeps catch up they undercut me, which is fine until I feel it's not worth my time and I stop offering my service. :roll:

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » March 3rd, 2014, 2:42 pm

You might be able to use your large collection of already leveled pets to your advantage as you can offer lots of pets at one time or rare pets that other levelers might not have to trade. I'm not generally one for selling leveling or leveled pets but I did recently do a trade of that type as a member here was offering a good rate for stoned and leveled pets of 3k per pet. They were all beast/flying pets so the stones are on the more valuable side but that is still a good rate for leveling and it was gold on illidan-h.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 3rd, 2014, 3:08 pm

I haven't done much leveling for others and it's been a while since I've done so, but IIRC I was asking 1.5k each, 1k for guildmates.

Post by Guest » March 4th, 2014, 9:46 am

Bear in mind that many people will want the "level 75 pets to L25" achievement which can only be done by trading them back a level 24 pet which they then finish off.

For people I know it's normally 250g / pet if I'm doing 10 pets or more. Complete strangers is 1000g / pet.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479

Post by Tekulve2012 » March 4th, 2014, 11:45 am

Hey folks

I was the buyer kpb is mentionning ... I was happy to give 3k per lvl 25 pet on Illidan Horde since I needed those pets upgraded to rare. Now that I have all cageable pets to rare, I'm climbing the "all pets levelled to max" mountain. I have 200 pets to 25 at the moment and I'm levelling an alt from 85-90 with pet battles currently.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Time is gold in WoW... so I'm interested in trading my low level cageable (all rare) pets for the same pets at lvl 25... I can offer Illidan horde gold or a pet of value(depending on # of lvl 25's coming back)...... 1 k per pet works for me unless it's a bigger deal

The range of pet can go from lower tcg (landros xt or lichling)=8-10k ....I have Crawling claw(lvl25) ...15-18ish k ...and more expensive pets like DMR (s/s) or Soul Trader if you want to trade a bunch

The arrangement wouldnt be "wait..then get pets back later" ..I would want the lvl 25s traded for my rare versions and you get your 'pay' right away ...if you catch my drift ....thanks

kingsfoiler#1479

Hammered
Pet Score:6979
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Hammered » March 6th, 2014, 2:58 pm

Hi Tekulve2012,

I would be interested in swapping with you. I don't have a huge number of 25's, but I'll try to figure out what the intersection is tonight and see if I can propose a deal. I've doing a bunch of pet leveling lately, so if you have requests I can get them going for you as well.

Thanks!

DarkHammer#1338

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264

Post by Angelwings626 » March 6th, 2014, 3:46 pm

=D I usually wait to see what someone will offer me.

I have too much gold.....so I love leveling pets and getting STONES. (it's my reward really), the icing is what people pay me and that i think the person i am helping is super nice.

So usually i level for stones. (one pet per a stone maybe two-three if i really like the stone). Altho recently I have been doing it for game time (15-20 pets).

Sometimes I can tell that what the person is offering to me is quite valuable to them, so I take the leveling assignment even tho i have like...20 of that pet XD or that i know i can't really resell it for anything.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side Note:
I recently found out that someone is taking the pets that I level for them and re-selling them then have me relevel the same pets and repeat. I don't like that so I stopped leveling for them.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554

Post by Kpb321 » March 6th, 2014, 4:29 pm

Angelwings,

I suspect that I know who that is assuming it is someone who posts here as I think I've noticed that too. Personally, I don't have a problem with it as I don't care what they do with the pets after I give them to them as long as I'm happy with what I got out of the deal but I also don't have a problem with you not wanting to level for them anymore or charge them more for leveling or what ever you want to do.

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264

Post by Angelwings626 » March 6th, 2014, 8:29 pm

Hihi Kpb,

Yep, you are right about it. My overall goal is to help people who wants all their pets leveled because they LOVE the pets they have and have gone through a lot to collect them. There are so many people that could use the leveling service that I want to choose the ones that just want the help.
I take special care to level that pet right away and give it to them on the spot when ready that it pains me to know that all I'm doing is rushing so that I can get more stuff on the AH for them..... It's like....hey I didn't I just level this one for you? (after seeing doubles of pets I just leveled)....and they're like yeah...but i already sold that one.....mmmk think I will level for someone else now.

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » March 7th, 2014, 11:45 am

Hey guys
Interesting topic -leveling pets is time consuming and I feel players should be willing to pay accordingly.
It will be interesting to see if the new Xpac will put values for 25's up since breeding with a lvl 25 is supposed to be more successful.

Just wanted to state that I never auction off pets I acquire at lvl 25. On some realms it seems to be a lucrative practice and I have bought some lvl 25's myself but I have set some collection improvement goals for myself now since I've done all the pet achieves(except 5k pvp wins). I want to up my avg. pet lvl and its a long road to do it. I have over 200 lvl 25's but I dont mind exchanging gold or pets to save time.

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » March 7th, 2014, 6:32 pm

Props to Darkhammer for excellent leveled pet trading !