mmo-champ pet collecting statistics

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Moritach
MVP
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
mmo-champ pet collecting statistics

Post by Moritach » December 28th, 2011, 8:03 am

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/260 ... ics-Comics

I thought this post was quite interesting! While I'm happy to have several of the most rare pets in my own pet collection, it breaks my heart a little bit that the average toon only has 23 pets! D: I suppose that with pet battles and the possibility of account wide pet collections this number will rise significantly. There's a couple of people in my guild who only have 3 pets each... on their mains! I don't get how it's possible to -avoid- getting more pets than that! Seems to me that you can get pet rewards from almost anything in wow and having so very few on an old toon is definately some kind of feat. ;)

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Re: mmo-champ pet collecting statistics

Post by Jadax » December 28th, 2011, 8:37 am

Presumably the people with so few pets just don't learn the ones they pick up, vendoring or destroying them.

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14016
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » December 28th, 2011, 1:26 pm

Pull up a chair boys and girls and I'll tell you tales of vanilla days of yore. Each pet took up a bag space slot and a huge bag was a size 12 NOT 22. The bank was much smaller and very few people cared about vanity pets.
Shocking, but true. Those dark days are long gone so sleep well with your pet tabs, 24 slot bags void storage et al.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » December 28th, 2011, 3:46 pm

I noticed that all the new Darkmoon pets are on the rare list, except for Darkmoon Balloon. This makes sense, as the Darkmoon Balloon is not displaying properly in the Armory.
Mingyao on Madoran

Emberdione
MVP
Pet Score:11399
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Emberdione » December 28th, 2011, 3:56 pm

I know people back in Vanilla who deleted their pets.

Also if it is pulling from the armory, remember characters who haven't logged on in over 6 months don't show up on it.

Moritach
MVP
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Moritach » December 29th, 2011, 6:57 am

Mastr wrote:Pull up a chair boys and girls and I'll tell you tales of vanilla days of yore. Each pet took up a bag space slot and a huge bag was a size 12 NOT 22. The bank was much smaller and very few people cared about vanity pets.
Shocking, but true. Those dark days are long gone so sleep well with your pet tabs, 24 slot bags void storage et al.
Oh I know just how bad it was... When the pet bag was introduced I had about 50 pets in my bank and I had thrown away so many epix and set items to fit them in there! xD

Chevonne
MVP
Pet Score:11003
BattleTag®:Chevonne#1575
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Chevonne » December 31st, 2011, 7:12 pm

Oh my. I'm a Wrath baby so I didn't realize how good I had it. And here I was crying about losing two pets when I transferred my main to a new account. That's what I get for getting my husband hooked on the game too! Should have moved his toon! :lol:

Chevonne
MVP
Pet Score:11003
BattleTag®:Chevonne#1575
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Chevonne » December 31st, 2011, 7:12 pm

never mind