treasure goblin

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us
treasure goblin

Post by Se5s » March 1st, 2014, 12:55 pm

did blizzard mess up on this? his auto crit move is kind of bad; actually it's really bad. it only hits for 280, so it crits for only 420, which means it has no chance to really crit, and is a 75% chance to hit (which is apparently much higher, maybe even 90% cuz i'm at 88% right now with 30 samples)...am i missing something here? is there a combo that does extra damage on crit or something? his other abilities are also pretty *meh*; why would you give dodge to a new pet under 305 speed? when has sear magic ever been used except under the most special circumstances? i know, it helps against the val'kyr, but you still take 200ish dmg from 1 tick and give them a free pet swap. when you increase the damage your opponent does by 25%, and the damage you do by 50%, you only do 25% more damage...? he has 1 source of damage: magic; sever limitation. i'll post this on blizzard's forums as well, but i'm wondering if there are different breeds and i just got completely shafted by getting the worst breed possible.

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: treasure goblin

Post by Se5s » March 1st, 2014, 1:00 pm

or is this a prelude to breeding? so u can make this guy a s/s breed and take advantage of the dodge, or make him a p/p breed and make the auto crit really high damage. maybe. for now he's pretty basic, definitely not a top tier pet in any way. he is pretty neat looking though ;)

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: treasure goblin

Post by Luciandk » March 1st, 2014, 1:28 pm

OP, your post is very difficult to read.

There is only one breed, H/S. Which is why Magic Sword hits like a wet noodle even with autocrit.

I agree that slot 2 is pretty bad. And dodge in slot 3 is junk with that low speed.

Imho, the only way to salvage this pet is to re-breed it in WoD to P/P and pair it with a Dread Hatchling for [ability]Anzu's Blessing[/ability]