Idol bug?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us
Idol bug?

Post by Kendrah » March 1st, 2014, 11:38 am

Is there another Idol bug that popped up with this new patch? I mean, not the demo hitting with sandstorm while blinded. I'm doing my dailies with my idol (with crush and sandstorm) and sandstorm doesn't seem to be blocking as much as it used to. I'm doing the seeker in DW and the Quake is hitting 150+ (non-crit) on my Idol. If Quake does 185 normally and I have sandstorm up, shouldn't it be hitting for much less? And my crush seems to not be hitting at all.

I don't know if RNG is just hating me this past week or what. I know there was a hotfix recently so I was wondering if anyone noticed anything.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Idol bug?

Post by Kpb321 » March 1st, 2014, 11:56 am

Quake got buffed. It now deals more damage each round it is going.

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Se5s » March 1st, 2014, 11:57 am

i read somewhere that blizzard has a "miss streak protection" mechanic. i went 5 matches in a row with demolish not hitting at all. so i'm guessing they either modified the miss streak mechanic or they took it out entirely. demolish seems like it hits less than moths get their sleep, and my rupture has stunned maybe 3 times since last week. whatever they did just made bad luck worse and good luck better because i'm getting crit 3-4 times a fight now as well, while i seem to get crits a little less. maybe i'm just having horrible RNG though, i'm really not sure.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » March 1st, 2014, 1:24 pm

They recently had a hotfix that corrected low hit abilities hitting for more than they should, and that have bought Demolish in line.

And quake is a lot stronger now, thats why its harder to block.

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » March 1st, 2014, 2:54 pm

Luciandk wrote:They recently had a hotfix that corrected low hit abilities hitting for more than they should, and that have bought Demolish in line.
I wasn't speaking about Demo. I'm talking about Crush. When I have sandstorm up, it seems like I get only one Crush during those five rounds. My back team were almost dead before I could get Siren (the sunflower) killed during the dailies. I just kept missing. It was ridiculous.

I didn't know that about Quake, though, so thanks. I thought that was so much stronger than before. XD

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » March 1st, 2014, 5:18 pm

I commented similarly. My crush seems to be missing a crazy amount now.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 1st, 2014, 6:38 pm

I am guessing crush was also affected by the miss protection change since it is an 80% ability.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » March 1st, 2014, 8:12 pm

typical of a blizz fix, a total hot mess.
it needed to be fix but why not just let it hit at the rate the tool tip says and have it work like other 50% hit chance moves.
all they had to do was give it something that made it hit at 100% like blood and the water and opponent bleeding or nocturnal strike and opponent blinded.
being that demolish is a mechanical move I think a good thing to make it hit at 100% would be lighting.
so during lighting move hits at 100% and give it a cooldown like the other moves there fixed.

this would make it interesting for an idol to use.
they would need a pet team mate to have call lighting and would risk some damage for themselves to use it during the lighting.
but the idol could still change weather out of lighting next move to go back on the defensive if need be as demolish could be its big hit.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » March 1st, 2014, 9:31 pm

Ive noticed no issues with Crush. Its still a fairly low hit move, which only gets harder to land in a sandstorm.

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » March 2nd, 2014, 2:32 pm

Hootstwo wrote:I commented similarly. My crush seems to be missing a crazy amount now.
Oh! Thanks! I was feeling really ridiculous!
Luciandk wrote:Ive noticed no issues with Crush. Its still a fairly low hit move, which only gets harder to land in a sandstorm.
How often do you use Idol's crush and sandstorm? I still use that on all of the panda dailies and the spirit dailies. Idol isn't, perhaps, the fastest way to do the dailies but he's still doable. I'm used to him being my first sacrificial pet. I'm just not used to him dying having scored no hits on the other pet besides sandstorm.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » March 2nd, 2014, 3:40 pm

I never use sandstorm when fighting trainers in pandaria. Makes Crush too unreliable, plus you can no longer continually keep up Sandstorm like you used to. I usually refresh Stoneskin with 1 round remaining so it never falls off. As long its present, double damage debuffs from swarm type moves will never land.

Anubisath Idol can usually solo the teams of Aki the Chosen, Yon the Courageous and Burning Pandaren Spirit.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » March 3rd, 2014, 5:34 am

Hootstwo wrote:I commented similarly. My crush seems to be missing a crazy amount now.
1 miss = 30%
2 misses = 9%
3 misses = 2,7%
4 misses = 0,8%
All numbers with Sandstorm active.

I have 3 misses in a row, every 2-3 fights..
I have 4 misses in a row, every 15-20 fights..

Both numbers seem waaaaay too high..
My AI is level 25 and not a single non-BoF panda-daily gives you hit-penalty..

I'd wager, hitrate is no higher than 50%, maybe even only 40-45%, regardless of what tooltip says..

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » March 3rd, 2014, 9:05 am

FuxieDK wrote:I'd wager, hitrate is no higher than 50%, maybe even only 40-45%, regardless of what tooltip says..
It's nice to see the numbers. At least I won't waste anymore pet treats with AI in my parties, anyway, and no need to wonder why it takes me two hours to complete the dailies when it took me one a couple weeks ago. :lol: :roll:

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » March 3rd, 2014, 10:40 am

I run the idol in a lot of my teams as well, but haven't had any issue with crush. I have 0-1 misses per fight usually, sometimes 2, but that has been rare so far. We are talking a really small sample size at this point, so it is hard to say for sure. Perhaps, someone can ask Chibimage on the wow forums to test it out with a much larger sample size?

Also, remember that these are psuedo random numbers and 2.7% is the probability over everyone's attempts, not just ours individually (which is why you need a large sample size to verify). The fact that I rarely miss and you miss a lot factored in with the rest of the player base may come out to be 2.7%?

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » March 3rd, 2014, 11:02 am

Jerebear wrote:Also, remember that these are psuedo random numbers and 2.7% is the probability over everyone's attempts, not just ours individually (which is why you need a large sample size to verify). The fact that I rarely miss and you miss a lot factored in with the rest of the player base may come out to be 2.7%?
Ack! There you go being all pragmatic and practical! Being logic into this when I just want to grab those pirchforks. No fun. :(

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » March 3rd, 2014, 7:46 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
1 miss = 30%
2 misses = 9%
3 misses = 2,7%
4 misses = 0,8%

I'd wager, hitrate is no higher than 50%, maybe even only 40-45%, regardless of what tooltip says..
I'm actually a math teacher ;) When I said it's missing a bunch, I'm pretty darn confident that it is :)
I keep cursing at my screen and my wife will ask me what's wrong - I'll spout statistics at her and talk about the probability of my getting the results I get. She just shakes her head ;)

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » March 3rd, 2014, 11:46 pm

Hootstwo wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:
1 miss = 30%
2 misses = 9%
3 misses = 2,7%
4 misses = 0,8%

I'm actually a math teacher ;) When I said it's missing a bunch, I'm pretty darn confident that it is :)
I keep cursing at my screen and my wife will ask me what's wrong - I'll spout statistics at her and talk about the probability of my getting the results I get. She just shakes her head ;)
Not being a teacher, I know your feeling..
I listed the values, simply because they make no sense compared to what's happening in the game.

E.g. I see people claim AI can solo Burning Panda.. I have never survived a single hit from the spirit itself. My AI is always below 25% health, when the dragon dies. Spirit heals first, then hits for ~600 (900 if crit). To survive this, dragon needs to miss twice and AI must hit in every round.. That just doesn't happen.. EVER!

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » March 4th, 2014, 12:30 am

I used to solo the burning spirit all the time:

Dragon
R1: Crush
R2: Stoneskin (dragon lifts off)
R3: Deflection (dragon lands
R4: Crush
R5: Crush
R6: Crush (dragon needs to die here, if not, reset and heal)

Fire Spirit (reactive):
If Deflection is up for the first conflag, use it to block. Otherwise stoneskin
After that:
Stoneskin on the round following conflag (except if you just did it, then crush instead)
Deflection on the conflag rounds
Crush Otherwise.

Wasp:
R1: Stoneskin first round
R2: Deflection
R3: Carry pet #1
R4: Carry pet #2
R5: Swap in Anub
R6: Stoneskin

After that,
Always deflect the 2nd poison
Always refresh stoneskin when 1 round left
Crush otherwise

The only tricky part to solo'ing this fight is the dragon. Once you get to the spirit it is smooth sailing. If you cannot kill the dragon by the time cyclone dies (round 6), then restart/heal. Once you get to the fire spirit, if you deflect his conflag, then the only damage he can do is the DoT, which you will outheal, especially with stoneskin up. LIkewise with the wasp, with stoneskin up and deflecting the 2nd poison, it can't even damage you. It's a slow solo, but works. The only RNG part is the dragon, but it is early, so it is quick to reset if so.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » March 4th, 2014, 5:28 am

Regarding Burning Spirit, it will always open with Conflagrate, then throwing a heal and spamcasting immolate until conflag is off cooldown, then healing and repeating until dead.

Once you know the rytm, Anub can defeat it with ease.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » March 5th, 2014, 1:33 am

Jerebear wrote:I used to solo the burning spirit all the time:

Dragon
R1: Crush
R2: Stoneskin (dragon lifts off)
R3: Deflection (dragon lands
R4: Crush
R5: Crush
R6: Crush (dragon needs to die here, if not, reset and heal)

Fire Spirit (reactive):
If Deflection is up for the first conflag, use it to block. Otherwise stoneskin
After that:
Stoneskin on the round following conflag (except if you just did it, then crush instead)
Deflection on the conflag rounds
Crush Otherwise.

Wasp:
R1: Stoneskin first round
R2: Deflection
R3: Carry pet #1
R4: Carry pet #2
R5: Swap in Anub
R6: Stoneskin

After that,
Always deflect the 2nd poison
Always refresh stoneskin when 1 round left
Crush otherwise

The only tricky part to solo'ing this fight is the dragon. Once you get to the spirit it is smooth sailing. If you cannot kill the dragon by the time cyclone dies (round 6), then restart/heal. Once you get to the fire spirit, if you deflect his conflag, then the only damage he can do is the DoT, which you will outheal, especially with stoneskin up. LIkewise with the wasp, with stoneskin up and deflecting the 2nd poison, it can't even damage you. It's a slow solo, but works. The only RNG part is the dragon, but it is early, so it is quick to reset if so.
I tried this yesterday..
First attempt, I had a 4x miss of my crush.. Naturally, I didn't even survive the dragon..
Second attempt, no misses, killed dragon with ~250 health.. Deflected first attack from spirit, was killed by second..

Gave up, and used my normal tactic.

AI have one single breed, so it's impossible for me to have the wrong breed... I fail to understand, how people can soo the entire fight with AI..