Major Payne pet training challenge

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu
Major Payne pet training challenge

Post by Vek » March 1st, 2014, 4:07 am

Dont miss this.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13108941/major-payne's-advanced-pet-battles-training-zunta-2-28-2014

Nice of Blizzard to come up with something like this. Havent had time to do it myself yet.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Major Payne pet training challenge

Post by Hootstwo » March 1st, 2014, 9:08 am

It is neat that they suggest this, but many of us would have to go tame pets specifically for this battle (no level 1s!)

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » March 1st, 2014, 11:40 am

I couldn't do it with the level 1's I had, without failing the no dying criteria. So went out and tamed two new level ones, it's not that much work as you don't even have to do any levelling up. One-shotted even with misses. Since you only have one basic attack this exercise is more about pet knowledge and selection. Was pretty fun challenge. I for one am looking forward to more challenges they come up with.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » March 1st, 2014, 8:16 pm

I actually had a couple of extra level ones that were duplicates that I used and they fit the criterion: Death Adder Hatchling SS but green, and a Black Fuse Bombling (don't know what breed). I actually one shotted, but it was incredibly close. Death Adder had 1 hit point left, BFB had 5 :D

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » March 3rd, 2014, 6:50 pm

I liked the suggestion in the comments on the post saying that to make it a real challenge, you shouldn't use the obvious favorable Mechincal/Beast/Flying pets against his beast and critter. See if you can still beat him with only two pets, both level 1, but from the Undead, Elemental, Critter or Humanoid families. Really test your pet battling skills.

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » March 16th, 2014, 5:54 am