Post by GilroyKilroy » February 27th, 2014, 4:19 pm

The [pet]Treasure Goblin[/pet] is now "shipping". :D

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Treasure Goblin

Post by Quintessence » February 27th, 2014, 4:24 pm

I think he's adorable! Only wish I could pick up the gold coins he drops as he runs around... :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » February 27th, 2014, 4:33 pm

Logged in to this surprise today! Woot!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » February 27th, 2014, 5:22 pm

Any sight of it in EU yet?

And what is the starting stats? Really curious about the breed.

Malenrhen
Pet Score:7124
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by Malenrhen » February 27th, 2014, 5:43 pm

Wait, how is that shipping already? The game doesn't ship until 3/25? *confuzzled*

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » February 27th, 2014, 5:49 pm

Malenrhen wrote:Wait, how is that shipping already? The game doesn't ship until 3/25? *confuzzled*
If you purchase the D3:RoS Digital Deluxe (instead of the standard expansion), it comes with the Treasure Goblin. CE purchasers will need to wait to redeem their CE before acquiring the pet. Blizzard mentioned that the pet was scheduled to be released once RoS was released, but that it may arrive sooner.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dakaf
MVP

Post by Dakaf » February 27th, 2014, 5:56 pm

Level 25 stats:

H- 1546
P- 260
S- 289

Cool moves, but not spectacular methinks.
-pet collecting OCD

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » February 27th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Seems to be a H/S. Not a terribly good breed imo. Thankfully breeding should be able to fix that.

Malenrhen
Pet Score:7124
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by Malenrhen » February 27th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Oh dur....I always buy the 'hardcopy' CEs of games for all of the extras. Guess I wait a month for mine *cry*

Dakaf
MVP

Post by Dakaf » February 27th, 2014, 6:30 pm

Luciandk wrote:Seems to be a H/S. Not a terribly good breed imo. Thankfully breeding should be able to fix that.
Yea, with his skills, S/S would be epic!
-pet collecting OCD

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » February 27th, 2014, 6:38 pm

Just arrived in EU.

IF you dont see it, restart your game and its there.

Zíra
MVP
Pet Score:10596
BattleTag®:Ziradon#2550
Realm:Arygos-eu

Post by Zíra » February 27th, 2014, 7:05 pm

Just got him to level 25. Love this little guy! :D

Now i have to test out his abilities.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » February 27th, 2014, 7:08 pm

Ive noticed a pretty annoying issue with the new pet, that it would be nice if someone could tweet LeCraft about it.

The treasure goblin have a pretty loud iddle animation when bought out. It swings its sword, crying out with each swing.

But the sounds for the iddle animation will play as well in pet battles, even if the pet stands stock still, doing nothing.

I am not likely going to use it with how obnoxiously loud it is in pet battles. :cry:

Edit: I toughed it out and leveled it to 25, despite the frequent noise. But upon trying him out, he feels fairly weak and appearing to be more of a flavor pet, than any really good battle pet. If you think about it, HS breed kinda makes sense when you look at Diablo 3. They are tough and speedy buggers, the breed reflecting that, even if its a subpar choice.

Shamirah
Pet Score:1889
Realm:Elune-eu

Post by Shamirah » February 28th, 2014, 3:51 am

Yeah I'm kinda disappointed about him... he is so weak. No great damages and too much miss. The only thing I like about him is his dispel.

Icedsugar
Top Rater
Pet Score:3881
BattleTag®:Icedsugar#6634
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Icedsugar » February 28th, 2014, 4:30 am

Been playing around with him on my battle team with mixed results (but mostly poor results, haha).

My idea is to get another pet with an accuracy buff on your team in before him and I've been getting some really good hits in when combined with [ability]Uncanny Luck[/ability] from my [pet]Golden Pig[/pet] ([pet]Mr Wiggles[/pet] has it too)...

Thinking that if you are lucky enough to have one of the rare Murlocks with [ability]Lucky Dance[/ability] or the [pet]Netherwhelp[/pet] with [ability]Accuracy[/ability] it would have the same effect, but can't test as I don't have any of them.

You need an ability that will last for more than just 2 rounds unfortunately... else [ability]caw[/ability] might have been a really good option too!

Edit: this is off coarse if you want to use his [ability]Magic Sword[/ability] ability with only 75% hit chance.

Shame, it's a bit sad when he dies and drops all those shinies!

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » February 28th, 2014, 7:32 am

Icedsugar wrote:Been playing around with him on my battle team with mixed results (but mostly poor results, haha).

My idea is to get another pet with an accuracy buff on your team in before him and I've been getting some really good hits in when combined with [ability]Uncanny Luck[/ability] from my [pet]Golden Pig[/pet] ([pet]Mr Wiggles[/pet] has it too)...

Thinking that if you are lucky enough to have one of the rare Murlocks with [ability]Lucky Dance[/ability] or the [pet]Netherwhelp[/pet] with [ability]Accuracy[/ability] it would have the same effect, but can't test as I don't have any of them.

You need an ability that will last for more than just 2 rounds unfortunately... else [ability]caw[/ability] might have been a really good option too!

Edit: this is off coarse if you want to use his [ability]Magic Sword[/ability] ability with only 75% hit chance.

Shame, it's a bit sad when he dies and drops all those shinies!
As Ive said in other threads, I think its pretty clear they want him paired with the upcomming Dread Hatchling. Sporting Anzu's Blessing. +25% damage and +25% hit for 4 turns.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840

Post by Badpathing » February 28th, 2014, 12:43 pm

Luciandk wrote:As Ive said in other threads, I think its pretty clear they want him paired with the upcomming Dread Hatchling. Sporting Anzu's Blessing. +25% damage and +25% hit for 4 turns.
It bothers me that they would do this, if it's true. I am not convinced it is, but it sure seems suspect.

If it is true, it seems very profit-driven.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » February 28th, 2014, 1:04 pm

Badpathing wrote:
Luciandk wrote:As Ive said in other threads, I think its pretty clear they want him paired with the upcomming Dread Hatchling. Sporting Anzu's Blessing. +25% damage and +25% hit for 4 turns.
It bothers me that they would do this, if it's true. I am not convinced it is, but it sure seems suspect.

Especially when knowing [ability]Magic Sword[/ability] always crits. So a base damage buff would mean even bigger crits.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840

Post by Badpathing » February 28th, 2014, 1:09 pm

Luciandk wrote:
Badpathing wrote:

Especially when knowing [ability]Magic Sword[/ability] always crits. So a base damage buff would mean even bigger crits.
[ability]Anzu's Blessing[/ability] + [ability]Righteous Inspiration[/ability] + [ability]Magic Sword[/ability]

Pet dies, most likely, and next pet in the rotation gets hit by [ability]Anzu's Blessing[/ability] + [ability]Magic Sword[/ability].

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » February 28th, 2014, 2:02 pm

Will be interesting to see how that hit is calculated with so many modifiers.