Spawn of Onyxia, how to force spawns?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu
Spawn of Onyxia, how to force spawns?

Post by Hellomynameis » November 20th, 2012, 3:03 pm

I was thinking that perhaps what happens inside the raid instance there affects how and when they spawn. You know how there are loads of eggs inside on each side of Onyzia, what happens if you try to spawn as many of those eggs as you can before you die, then go out to check.

My personal experience is that I did one side of eggs, then healed myself while running out with 1001 whelps on my tail and Onyxia, then when I came out, I circled the mountain, and found 3 Spawn of Onyxia.

I do know dungeons and outside worlds arent usually connected, but I got the idea because when a dragon is killed, there are also displayed a dragons head in Orgrimmar, so they do have ways of connecting events inside dungeons to the outside world, even if they might be happening on different servers.

After doing it once, I tried again, but saw no spawns when I got out. So perhaps it was coincidence the first time, or perhaps someone else snatched/checked+left battle before I got to check the area the second time.

It is just an idea, but I would love to hear from others who have the chance to team up with someone to see what happens outside when the eggs/whelps are awakened inside.

Oh, and on a sidenote, I read somewhere that they have a 10min spawn timer, which doesnt compute with my experience, since I checked the area before I went inside, and when I got out, less than 10 minutes later, I saw 3 spawns, so the rumor that its one spawn every 10min, is not correct. Atleast not without exceptions

Tennberg
Pet Score:2251
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Re: Spawn of Onyxia, how to force spawns?

Post by Tennberg » November 20th, 2012, 4:16 pm

The first time I went searching for one, I didn't see any. Since it's a CRZ, it was also heavily camped.

However, since the Battle Pet Tamers: Kalimdor quest is bugged for me (and I think everyone else), and my low-level Horde toon is able to pick it up every day, I've been swinging by there every day at random times to battle the tamer there. For some reason, the area hasn't been camped at all, and I've always seen 1-2 spawns up. So far, I've been able to capture a poor and uncommon one.

Kahlan
Pet Score:7594
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Kahlan » November 21st, 2012, 5:24 am

I just battled all random pets in a wide circle around in the swamp untill they spawned.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » November 21st, 2012, 5:37 am

Hmmm, I can honestly say I don't think the conditions inside the instance can have any bearing on what spawns outside. On my mid-pop realm (Azjol - EU) the Ony spawns are few and far between (though I was lucky enough to pick up a Breed ID#4 on the second fight :P)

On a low pop German PVP realm, they we EVERYWHERE!! Easily 20+ at any given time. I rolled DK's all over the place in order to hunt a Minfernal, and often passed by Ony's cave as I ran round farming blue's ;)

D.

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » November 21st, 2012, 4:44 pm

My guild does weekly mount runs and I happened to get to the area before any of my guildies so I did about 2 circles and found a spawn(which was uncommon =/) and grabbed it just because it happened to spawn and I hadn't seen any others so I figured I should get it while the gettin' was good.