Celestial Tournament Level Requirement?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us
Celestial Tournament Level Requirement?

Post by Sellys » February 18th, 2014, 2:58 pm

Does anyone know if you have to be 90 to do it? If I somehow got a lower level toon out to the isle could I do the Celestial Tournament to hoard valour pre 90?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Celestial Tournament Level Requirement?

Post by Jerebear » February 18th, 2014, 4:59 pm

I doubt there is a level requirement, but if there is, it is an account wide quest, so I would bet you could turn it in with a low level alt (assuming you can make it to the courtyard area alive) regardless of who did the quest.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 18th, 2014, 5:42 pm

Wowhead lists the quest as requiring level 90, unlike the other account-wide pet dailies. You could try to complete the tournament on a level 90 character and then try to turn it in on a lower level toon, but it might not work.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 18th, 2014, 6:25 pm

My spouse tried that (accepting and completing the quest on a 90, then turning in with a sub-90 toon) but it didn't work.

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » February 18th, 2014, 9:02 pm

I have had my level 12 mage on the island for almost 3 months now. He is unable to do the Celestial Tournament, but can do the daily pet battle. I gain a level on him from the experience it gives every 6 days at this point. He is level 37 now and has 57,000 timeless coins saved up from the quest. The 500 coin reward is worthless on all of my other 90s so I figured I would just do it on a lowbie instead and have kept at it for a while. I also get a attack in against a Celestial each week and get loot from that as well. So far I have only got the booby prize box so I am unsure if I can actually get gear or not that way.

Edit: Just piggybacked another Celestial on my 38 mage and got the set legs. So it is possible to get loot other than the box. 1 in 8 weeks (no bonus rolls obviously).

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 18th, 2014, 10:34 pm

So I was chatting with my wife about this and she mentioned that last week she turned it in on her 86 paladin. I told her there was someone here that had their spouse try and couldn't. Since she hadn't done the tournament yet (and I had), I asked her if her paladin was still under 90. She was 87, so I asked her to try tonight. Sure enough, she was able to turn it in on her 87 paladin. I'm not sure what the cutoff is, but you don't have to be 90 to turn it in (she still accepted the quest and did it on her 90, she just turned it in on her 87). I had her take a screenshot. I'll go through and erase the names, etc for her and post it in a bit.

EDIT: image on tinypic.com:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2gwid1c.jpg
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Sellys

Post by Sellys » February 21st, 2014, 9:00 am

Awesome. My warlock is 82 and I have a 70something mage as well to try it on next week to see if I can narrow down the levels.

Sellys

Post by Sellys » February 22nd, 2014, 1:06 pm

I was able to turn it in on my level 72 mage. I did the actual tournament on my level 90 druid.

Sellys

Post by Sellys » February 22nd, 2014, 1:19 pm

In addition, as a horde toon the only flight path I need between the Shrine of Two Moons and the Timeless Isle is Dawn Blossom. Grab that flight point and you can fly back and forth between the Shrine and Isle and do your daily quest for 500 coins while still camping out to earn rested exp.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 22nd, 2014, 1:25 pm

Interesting... I wonder if it got changed at some point then? Because I specifically remember that he tried it the 2nd week it was out, he thought it would be easy XP for his then 85 priest but it wouldn't let him turn in the quest.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » February 24th, 2014, 4:10 am

Sellys wrote:Grab that flight point and you can fly back and forth between the Shrine and Isle and do your daily quest for 500 coins while still camping out to earn rested exp.
There is a tent on the island which acts as an inn where you can let your char rest. The tent is next to the awesome rat.

Sellys

Post by Sellys » February 28th, 2014, 5:00 pm

Oh cool I didn't know that. That'll save me the flight time.

Also, hitting celestials at level 73 doesn't happen very often. >.< Fortunately you don't have to hit them (attacking is enough) to get a chance at loot.