Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us
Pets are "fixed" so why...

Post by Sibi » February 20th, 2014, 2:42 pm

Am I still sitting at 578 out of my previous 582 pets collected?
Perhaps I am missing something.
Doesn't matter which characters I log on to, both my Horde and Alliance Guild Pages/Heralds are missing.
Anyone else? Just me? "known issue"? Some Blizzard/Warcraft Pet post I've missed somewhere?
I figured I'd ask here before I add it to the list of things I've been arguing with GameMasters about since last Friday's rolling restart.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Pets are "fixed" so why...

Post by Quintessence » February 20th, 2014, 3:26 pm

These pets have always been finicky and are character specific. This may seem like a silly question, but have you tried summoning them on the characters that purchased them? Are they still missing/greyed out on those toons?

So far my alliance Guild Herald and Guild Page are showing up in my Pet Journal just fine. I have to be on the character that purchased them to summon them, though. If I switch to any other alliance character, both guild pets are greyed out.

The horde version of the Guild Page is also showing up for my horde toon that bought it. Guild Herald, I'll probably find him once I recall which character I purchased him on.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Denverrunner
MVP
Pet Score:6503
BattleTag®:denverrunner#1152
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Denverrunner » February 20th, 2014, 3:49 pm

Thanks for directing me here. I am going to have a heck of a time finding my alliance page and herald. Luckily, I only have one horde toon, so that should be easy. Now I just need to be able to pet battle again. I am surprised how upsetting this has been for me.

Sibi
Top Rater

Post by Sibi » February 20th, 2014, 5:42 pm

It isn't a silly question.
They are greyed out completely on every character no matter the level or faction of the character, even the characters I purchased the page and herald on. They aren't counted in my collection at all and I've never had this issue with those pets previous to this recent patch. I was just curious if it was only me or if I was missing something Blizzard has already addressed.

Edit:: My friend is missing his guild herald and page as well, he doesn't have the plethora of alts that I (and many other people) have so his hunt to find them is pretty limited (2 characters) and still cannot find them.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 20th, 2014, 8:53 pm

My pages and heralds are all accounted for and can be summoned so it sounds like there's still some bugs that Blizzard needs to work through. I would ticket it if the official forum doesn't already have a thread on this.

Harpua
Pet Score:4602
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpua » February 20th, 2014, 9:12 pm

FWIW, I was able to update my collection today, but it's still not current. I leveled the Lofty Libram to 25 before I came to work and it doesn't reflect that.

But I also know a couple of achievements didn't update either, so perhaps the armory page will just take a while to be current. At least it's back.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 20th, 2014, 10:50 pm

Sibi wrote:They are greyed out completely on every character no matter the level or faction of the character, even the characters I purchased the page and herald on. They aren't counted in my collection at all and I've never had this issue with those pets previous to this recent patch.

Edit:: My friend is missing his guild herald and page as well, he doesn't have the plethora of alts that I (and many other people) have so his hunt to find them is pretty limited (2 characters) and still cannot find them.
The only other reason I can think of that would cause the Guild Herald/Guild Page to disappear or be unsummonable is if you're no longer in a guild. (My horde character left a guild so she can't summon her herald anymore, but it still shows up in the Pet Journal.)

If this is not the case for you, then it's a new bug and as [profile]Peanutty[/profile] mentioned, submit a ticket or report this in the WoW Bug Forums.

I've been keeping an eye on the forums for any new cases of missing pets, but I haven't come across any missing herald/pages yet. Since these pets aren't really used for anything except purchasing guild items, it's likely players haven't noticed that they're missing.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Sibi
Top Rater

Post by Sibi » February 20th, 2014, 11:30 pm

@Harpua
It isn't the Warcraft Pet site that I was going on, I haven't updated my collection for a few days because of the missing pet issues.
@Quintessence
I wouldn't have noticed either if I wasn't trying to figure out why my addon was saying 578 instead of my pre-patch 582.
I've been watching the forums as well, I don't like to harass the GM's until I have no other choice.

Thanks everyone for your comments and insight.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 21st, 2014, 12:02 pm

Finally able to log on after rough week at work...all my pets and mounts are accounted for and in working order. Only issue I'm having is blizz was suppose to reissue code for my sand scarab due to glitch at booty bay...I think they forgot about me. They closed out ticket marking it resolved but failed to follow thru w/ reissuing code...no worries as I know they obviously have been busy w/ all the patch bugs, but I just want my little bug in my collection so it will be one down and hundreds to go lol !! I do hope everyone else is getting their pet issues resolved and back to normal :D