death animations

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Bindibear
Top Rater
death animations

Post by Bindibear » November 20th, 2012, 5:45 pm

I'm not normally susceptible to "cuteness." Or maybe I just see it in things other people don't. :? Whichever, the Clefthoof Runt ... he's ok. Arctic Fox kit isn't even that. He's foxy, but not pretty. I've always found the whole "knock them out vs killing" debate silly. It's a game.

However ... the Sifang Otters ... I don't know why, but I just want to abandon the fight every time I see one so I don't have to kill it. Maybe it's that I have a weak spot for ferrets, and they have a similarly slinky body. But whatever it is, I've finally found a pet I can call "cute." lol

Are there any death animations you find particularly moving? Or particularly awkward?

Azmeaiel
MVP
Pet Score:9672
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Re: death animations

Post by Azmeaiel » November 20th, 2012, 8:56 pm

i hate killing crickets <_<

NoxCrucifix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7397
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by NoxCrucifix » November 20th, 2012, 9:21 pm

Bindibear wrote:However ... the Sifang Otters ... I don't know why, but I just want to abandon the fight every time I see one so I don't have to kill it.
I'm with you there! I battled with my Sifang Otter up until level 24 and the noises they make when struck are just too adorably heart-wrenching. And when they die I feel like I should be arrested for cruelty to otters.

The way the little sheep pets flop out splay-legged always makes me blubber like a baby on the inside. It also makes me think of Sheepie from the Valley of the Four Winds quests, which is equally sad and doesn't help any.

I once tried to get my sister to play WoW, waaaay back in 2005. She rolled a Tauren, which is so wonderfully appropriate for her since she did (and still does) show cattle in the FFA. After only a few minutes of poking at things in the starting zone she told me she was done playing and didn't like the game because (and I can't make this up) the dying animations and sounds of the plainstriders was too sad. I haven't battled with any of the plainstrider model pets but I assume they have the same dramatic falling-over animation with the gut-wrenching death squawk as their larger counterparts. Talk about making you feel guilty...

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » November 20th, 2012, 10:55 pm

This all sounds horrible, why I'm avoiding all this stuff.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » November 20th, 2012, 11:13 pm

While it's not sad, I really hate the wisp death animation. Mostly because there isn't one. It just floats in midair like it normally does...

Bindibear
Top Rater

Post by Bindibear » November 21st, 2012, 4:42 pm

And I just had my Terrible Turnip die for the first time. It's about like the wisp. It just floats there. For a few minutes, I thought it had revived somehow.

Tredegar

Post by Tredegar » November 21st, 2012, 7:30 pm

Yeah but the turkey dying is pretty funny.