v5.4.7 woes

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
v5.4.7 woes

Post by FuxieDK » February 20th, 2014, 12:53 am

Have anyone noticed the same thing I have?

Either player pets have reveiced a massive nerf, or (Pandaria) trainers have been buffed through the roof..
Yesterday (day 1 in EU after patch), I did my usual round of trainers..

Thundering Panda Spirit: 2 wipes
Nishi: Killed my level pet TWICE
Aki: The dragon killed my AI from 60ish % (i.e. It didn't have the 50% damage bonus up) with a crit
Flowing Panda Spirit: 1 wipe, but managed to kill my level pet (1100ish health) on the same round, I killed it, so no xp for that fight). Tidal Waves seems to have been buffed quite a bit.
Wastewalker Shu: 8 wipes, even after switching from Crow to Gilnean Raven (more health and damage), and only managed to kill it, with a level 23 level-pet
Zusshi: 2 wipes. It MURDERED my level-pet, so no xp.
Burning Panda Spirit: 1 or 2 wipes..
Whispering Panda Spirit: 1 wipe.. Never wiped on this before.

With the exception of Shu, I normally one-shot them all.. Shu still gives me problems, and win is usually RNG..

Anyone with a good setup for Shu? Currently I use Crow/Gilnean Raven, Rapana Whelk and a level pet..

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: v5.4.7 woes

Post by Jerebear » February 20th, 2014, 1:30 am

I've been doing 16-18 tamers per day with no noticeable differences since the patch hit. Wastewalker shu does more damage due to the quake buff, but the rest of the tamers have been mostly the same.

For Wastewalker Shu, I use a Red Cricket + Tranquil Mechanical Yeti

Crab:
Skitter, Skitter, Skitter, Cocoon Strike, Nature's Touch, Skitter, Skitter (dies here)

Elemental
Cocoon Strike
Nature's Touch, Skitter, Skitter, Skitter, repeat until elemental dies

Porcupine
Swap to carry pet
Swap to Mech Yeti
Lightning Storm
Ion Cannon

I know you don't have either of those pets at 25. You could try it with a different cricket (higher power the better) and the Darkmoon Tonk (use Shock and Awe for since it doesn't have lightning storm), though you may need an extra missle or something since it is less damage than the lightning storm combo that the yeti has.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » February 20th, 2014, 2:25 am

My Singing Cricket is 15-20ish.. Should take no time to get to 25..
My Yeti is still green and level 1, so I'll give the Tonk a go..

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » February 20th, 2014, 2:43 am

Absolutely no issues with Aki, Anub soloed her whole team when I decided to start leveling my Grunty due to the stimpack buff.

Anub and Emerald Proto cleaned Burning spirit without issues.

Wastewalker Shu went down fast to Emperor Crab and Jade Owl.

Kuranei
Pet Score:2238
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Kuranei » February 20th, 2014, 3:20 am

I've never had an issue with Wastewalker Shu, until now. I use Gilnean Raven, Pandaren Water Spirit and a leveling pet.

I've just wiped twice :? Time for a new strat!

P.S. First post here ever. Howdy!

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 20th, 2014, 8:12 am

FuxieDK wrote:My Singing Cricket is 15-20ish.. Should take no time to get to 25..
My Yeti is still green and level 1, so I'll give the Tonk a go..
Just be aware that I've been using the red cricket, which is the most powerful. I've never tried a weaker one, so I hope the strat isn't dependent on that.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Memnochlv
Pet Score:3533
Realm:Black Dragonflight-us

Post by Memnochlv » February 20th, 2014, 10:14 am

I noticed they were buffed as well. Wastewalker Shu who rarely gives me issues (sometimes bad RNG). I normally use [pet]Jade Owl[/pet] (1,1,1) and the [pet]Sea Pony[/pet] (1,1,1). Owl Adrenaline rush then Slicing wind until whirlpool is up, then lift off, then slicing wind until lift off is up and use it again and slicing wind until death (if you can get that far). With the Pony, whirlpool, then water jet until the final pet, switch to carry, then back, whirlpool, and water jet until you know you're 1 round from death with the opponent going first, then surge for the damage (shouldn't get this far).

Though since 5.4.7, the pony is dead long before then and I had to lvl a much higher level pet. I haven't tried soloing with a cricket + carry pets, or emperor crab + carry pets yet.

I've also noticed other pet battles seem to be a bit tougher than before (I'll have to check and see what pet battle abilities have changed). Aki occasionally gives me hassles with the Anubisath Idol, but that's just RNG. Hyuna has been hassling the hell out of me, I usually carry 2 level pets + use emerald proto drake with the usual setup and the snake has strings of super crits and always kills me before the turtle, or the turtle's first move kills me now.

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » February 20th, 2014, 10:22 am

I haven't had any issues since the patch, and I did Nishi several times yesterday with a few different pets for bloggy stuff (forfeiting right before the end, but frequent near-solos with both a Frog and a Strider). Depending on which pet(s) you use there might be rebalancing stuff on a per-pet basis but I don't think there have been any categoric tamer buffs. I'll try again today though, just to be sure.

For Shu, I use my Gilnean Raven and my p/p Crab (with the claw move, not Surge). If you're having trouble, or don't have one, try a powerful Flying with Lift Off or cocoon to avoid the first pet's whirlpool. The Crab really cleans up vs Mutilator because of shell shield. The extra durability from the heal helps, but a few other pets with a shield ability will work here... I can vouch for the anub idol, but beyond that you'll just have to try it for yourself.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Memnochlv
Pet Score:3533
Realm:Black Dragonflight-us

Post by Memnochlv » February 20th, 2014, 9:10 pm

The thing is, you used to be able to solo Shu with the [pet]Red Cricket[/pet], [pet]Emperor Crab[/pet], [pet]Magical Crawdad[/pet], or [pet]Chi-Chi, Hatchling of Chi-Ji[/pet]. Now I can't get Mutilator down before they die and it's 2+1carry instead of 1+2carry. Oh well, I can live with that (though the third carry has to be decently high level, sometimes you can't even carry)

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » February 21st, 2014, 2:31 am

Jerebear wrote:I've been doing 16-18 tamers per day with no noticeable differences since the patch hit. Wastewalker shu does more damage due to the quake buff, but the rest of the tamers have been mostly the same.

For Wastewalker Shu, I use a Red Cricket + Tranquil Mechanical Yeti

Crab:
Skitter, Skitter, Skitter, Cocoon Strike, Nature's Touch, Skitter, Skitter (dies here)

Elemental
Cocoon Strike
Nature's Touch, Skitter, Skitter, Skitter, repeat until elemental dies

Porcupine
Swap to carry pet
Swap to Mech Yeti
Lightning Storm
Ion Cannon

I know you don't have either of those pets at 25. You could try it with a different cricket (higher power the better) and the Darkmoon Tonk (use Shock and Awe for since it doesn't have lightning storm), though you may need an extra missle or something since it is less damage than the lightning storm combo that the yeti has.
I tried with a level 25 Singing Cricket.. While it had no problem staying alive, Crusher killed my level-pet, while it was in the backline, due to SC's rather low damage..

I levelled Red Cricket to 23 via other trainers and tried again..
At level 23 RC outshined SC by a mile.. It made short work of the first two.. Switched to Tonk for a Shock and an Ion, and needle beast was dead..
RC got to level 25 while being the engine in the team, it was still my level-pet... :-)

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » February 21st, 2014, 2:31 pm

I haven't noticed any significant difference since 5.4.7.

My Wastewalker Shu strategy uses Blighthawk 2,2,1 to start. Spam slicing wind until whirlpool is about to go off then lift off. Depending on RNG you might beat first pet prior to lift off, if not ,usually immediately following. I keep spamming slicing wind for pet number 2 until the blighthawk is in its death round, then I use Ghostly Bite. 9 times out of 10, this will finish off pet number 2, if it doesn't I bring in my carry pet, I usually use at least a level 16 or 17 as my carry for this fight in the event I actually need to do some damage with it. Either way I quickly swap in my carry pet, if it has any ability to do so, I get a few swipes in on pet 3, pull it out and then usually I toss in a Rabid Nut Varmint 1,2,1 Put up shield, followed by Rabid Strike, followed by metal fist until the win. I honestly don't think this has ever failed (it might have, but if it has, it's been rare).