Bring back the ability to import pets via in-game addon.

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Theraisama
Top Rater
Pet Score:7860
BattleTag®:Kiwi#1191
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Bring back the ability to import pets via in-game addon.

Post by Theraisama » February 20th, 2014, 12:27 am

I remember a while back there was an addon, that generated a code that you pasted into the site, and it updated your pets. With all the issues that the armory seems to be having with the connected realms or whatever else they want to break on it. Maybe could we get that addon functionality back? ; ; I miss updating my collection.. <3 ~Ash

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Bring back the ability to import pets via in-game addon.

Post by Breanni » February 20th, 2014, 8:03 am

We may consider this option if it becomes absolutely essential.

The addon would need to be completely rewritten to accommodate all the new post-MoP information (breeds, quality, level, pet names, etc.). Plus, then we'd have to maintain two systems for allowing people to update their collections. We did this before and it was problematic.

So for now, our hope is that Blizzard will continue to repair and maintain the Armory, as it offers our site (and many others) data and functionality that would be difficult to replicate via an addon alone.

Theraisama
Top Rater
Pet Score:7860
BattleTag®:Kiwi#1191
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Theraisama » February 20th, 2014, 3:14 pm

I can totally understand that, I was thinking more of an emergency "It went down again." fall back. haha. :D

Dalone55
Pet Score:2768
Realm:Terokkar-us

Post by Dalone55 » March 12th, 2014, 6:26 pm

Maybe a little simpler: Create a pet on Bloodscalp server or any server that didn't have a recent merge with another server. As all pets are account bound, you need to change your account to your Bloodscalp character, temporarily while you do an update. Once the update is complete, change back to whatever server you prefer.