Share pet collecting news and advice.
Icedsugar
Top Rater
Pet Score:3881
BattleTag®:Icedsugar#6634
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us
All my store pets and mounts are GONE!

Post by Icedsugar » February 19th, 2014, 12:23 am

After logging in today I noticed my Heart of the Aspects mount, which was gifted to me, was no longer on my bar. When searching through my mount list I found not only him gone, bust also met Fey dragon. Then I noticed in my pets tab that all my store bought pets are also greyed-out! At least they are not GONE like the mounts, their names are still there, but I cannot summon any of them.

Is anyone aware of this problem or have a similar thing happen to them?

I have immediately put a ticket in, still waiting on response.

Malenrhen
Pet Score:7124
Realm:Duskwood-us

Re: All my store pets and mounts are GONE!

Post by Malenrhen » February 19th, 2014, 12:32 am

It is apparently a glitched based on the patch, which was quite glitchy today. All store bought, TCG, and RAF pets and mounts went *poof*. It is supposedly being looked into and fixed, however based on the tone of some of the blues on the forums, I am even more pissed because they are being very patronizing to very real and legit questions about keeping this from happening again/if the next glitch actually removes the history of having bought/earned the pet or mount. I've spent close to $300 over the years on stuff from the store for in game. The chances of me spending another dime go rapidly down hill with each thinly veiled snark from a blue and each hour I can't do my usual night off relaxation routine.

I am very disgusted with Blizz right now. PVP pet battles are unavailable as well. You would think after nearly 10 years they could make a patch that doesn't screw things all sort of ways. And the pets & mounts were only part of the glitches. There are also technical issues they are barely recognizing. I am having serious doubts about WoD now.

Icedsugar
Top Rater

Post by Icedsugar » February 19th, 2014, 12:41 am

At least it is a small relief to me that it was not just mine! I seriously panicked when I saw them gone! But yeah, hope it gets fixed soon!

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » February 19th, 2014, 12:50 am

Currently posted on the WoW "support" forum. Hopefully they fix this soon, I'm missing quite a few pets and mounts myself.
Update

Hey folks, just a small update.

A hotfix was recently applied that should have resolved part of the issue being experienced with missing pets/mounts.

Recruit a Friend/Scroll of Resurrection and some other "missing" mounts should once more be available in your list. Please note you may need to log out of the game completely and then back in for your list to update.

We continue to test a resolution that should do the same for any missing/grayed out pets as well as several purchased mounts/pets that are missing.

While we do not have a specific time frame on when that hotfix will be applied we hope to be able to implement it soon.

Thank you all for your patience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Folks we are aware that pets or mounts may be missing. It's being worked on and we have an article here...

https://us.battle.net/support/en/blog/12981545/

No ETA on that though.

Ref:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11763816937
Last edited by Wakamaru on February 19th, 2014, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
@TamerWakamaru

Cdeveau
Pet Score:3741
Realm:Gul'dan-us

Post by Cdeveau » February 19th, 2014, 8:58 am

So anyway, I'm still done with WOW as per my other post, leaving WOW stated. I was paid through February, so I've been in and out during that time.

Yesterday at log in I noted the same issue with pet store mounts being gone and pet store, TCG, and even the WARBOT pet were grayed out.

I've seen others posters in this thread rant about the cost and WOW's inefficiency. And this is exactly why I am leaving WOW. I cannot fathom how a company this large can be this inept when dealing with people's real life $.

Side note, I work for a software company and I understand that with all new patches/builds there are coding bugs that come out, but this would be a fatal flaw in our development process, and wouldn't go to market.

Once again, good luck to everyone in their WOW grind, it'll just be without me.

Rakesha
Top Rater

Post by Rakesha » February 19th, 2014, 9:04 am

I am missing 3 pets, but trying to figure out what the third is. :/

- Guardian Cub
- Warbot (lvl 25)
- ??

I see the two in my journal, but can't summon. Anyone else missing something NOT like a TCG or Store Bought? :/
-Hahnee, Magical Menagerie - Madoran (H)
-Rakesha & Raiyen, Dead But Rising - Khaz'goroth (A)

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » February 19th, 2014, 9:21 am

Rakesha wrote:I am missing 3 pets, but trying to figure out what the third is. :/

- Guardian Cub
- Warbot (lvl 25)
- ??

I see the two in my journal, but can't summon. Anyone else missing something NOT like a TCG or Store Bought? :/
The cub is a store bought one. Did you do any RaF? Did you buy a cheap TCG card pet?

Don't know why the warbot is missing though!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 19th, 2014, 12:38 pm

OMG !! I'm at work reading this so I won't be able to check until I get home, but I won't even begin to say how much I spent on rare pets ( more than my mounts ). I'm sure they will have to restore them through some sort of patch because if we each have to put in a ticket it will be years to recover and as it is they still haven't fix my issue from last ticket so I'm pretty pissed. My day at work is sucking so this is the icing on the cake. I do believe they will get it resolved ( in what time frame who the hell knows), but I do know if for some reason pets are not restored there would the masses quitting and I would be one of them....basically they can't afford not to fix it and give us back our pets.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » February 19th, 2014, 12:43 pm

Relax guys. When I logged in early today, my Iron Sky Reaver was gone. But pling, 5 minutes later it was back and have been back with me all day.

My tyrael's charger is however still awol. But I have my full complement of 587 unique pets with none missing. Which includes all tcg pets.

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Roisen » February 19th, 2014, 1:07 pm

Well I think everyone is happy that you have your pets back Luciandk I think we are all still upset that we don't have ours. Or the mounts. >.<

I guess your just luckier than us all.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » February 19th, 2014, 1:27 pm

Sparrow wrote:Does anyone know what the Blizzard policy is on store pet and mount refunds? Honestly, If I'm not going to be able to access these pets and mounts, or if they're going to glitch out on the regular, I'd rather have my money back.
This is the first time it has happened. They will be back soon for everyone.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Cdeveau

Post by Cdeveau » February 19th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Roisen wrote:Well I think everyone is happy that you have your pets back Luciandk I think we are all still upset that we don't have ours. Or the mounts. >.<

I guess your just luckier than us all.
That must be the case, because after 2 logins today my mount/pet issues are still persistent.

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Roisen » February 19th, 2014, 5:57 pm

The thing I'm left wondering about the pets isn't if we will get them back, I think we will in the end.

The big question is, will they be the same lvl and breed? I would be upset if I had to re-lvl them when I get them back, and even more upset to just be given a random stat one.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 19th, 2014, 7:49 pm

Blizzard is working on this ongoing issue. I doubt that they won't give us our pets/mounts back, so let's just be patient and wait for a bug fix.

As for breed and quality, we'll have to wait and see what the final outcome is. If it's merely an issue where certain pets can't be summoned/used, then it could just be an issue of "unlocking" them again.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Icedsugar
Top Rater

Post by Icedsugar » February 20th, 2014, 1:56 am

Just an update in case anyone missed it, there will be maintenance tonight (Thursday February 20th from 5:00 A.M. PST to 11:00 A.M PST) to try fix this issue...

Cdeveau

Post by Cdeveau » February 20th, 2014, 9:04 am

Yay! WOW brings down the site two days in one week, for approx 6 hours a pop. I wonder for all those poor folks that don't get to play WOW for those 12 hours will be re-reimbursed with some padding to their game time, since this down time is an occurrence of failure on WOW's part.

And yes, if this post doesn't convey it, I'm very bitter with the way WOW operates.

Rakesha
Top Rater

Post by Rakesha » February 20th, 2014, 10:18 am

Dakaf wrote:
Rakesha wrote:I am missing 3 pets, but trying to figure out what the third is. :/

- Guardian Cub
- Warbot (lvl 25)
- ??

The cub is a store bought one. Did you do any RaF? Did you buy a cheap TCG card pet?

Don't know why the warbot is missing though!
I haven't done any RaF and I actually haven't bought any TCG. I actually bought the cub off the AH a while back.

The Warbot has me thrown for a loop too. It is a level 25 and I use it for the Celestial Pet Tournament, so I am a little flustered it is missing and not one of the "known" ones apparently. All my mounts and other pets seem to be fine. Just those two pets (and the mysterious third that is missing that I still don't know who it is), and all my mounts, including store bought are working fine. :(
-Hahnee, Magical Menagerie - Madoran (H)
-Rakesha & Raiyen, Dead But Rising - Khaz'goroth (A)