Thundering Serpent Hatchling may become much scarcer

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Thundering Serpent Hatchling may become much scarcer

Post by Luciandk » February 13th, 2014, 2:23 pm

Just saw the news. Blizzard is going to retire the current crop of Challenge modes and their rewards prior to WoD.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/12930280/challenge-mode-end-of-season-early-warning-2-13-2014

So since the Thundering Serpent Hatchling is unlocked from doing MoP challenge modes it appears that come WoD, no new guilds may be able to unlock this pandaria pet for purchase. Meaning those whom have it can charge a big premium to allow petophiles to snag one.

Id expect the new challenge modes to have their own special pet reward.

Yaafm
Pet Score:3669
Realm:Durotan-us

Re: Thundering Serpent Hatchling may become much scarcer

Post by Yaafm » February 17th, 2014, 3:05 pm

yes im really worried about this because my guild hasnt done it yet.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 17th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Yaafm wrote:yes im really worried about this because my guild hasnt done it yet.
Certainly not too late to roll a toon in a guild that does have it. List of some guilds that are offering the pet: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... f=2&t=4139

Also I would imagine it would still be available even after WoD hits, from any guild that had unlocked the achievement in time.

Arshadi
Pet Score:4464
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Arshadi » February 18th, 2014, 12:32 am

Yaafm wrote:yes im really worried about this because my guild hasnt done it yet.
Try not to worry about it. I've been watching the folks who joined my guild just to get the pet, and so far it looks like they can get it by the time they hit level 38-40 if they start with a level 1 alt. I'm not sure how long it's taken the ones who started by leveling a DK, but either way the rep grind goes pretty quickly.

Then again, knowing that Challenge modes are going away may motivate your guild to get them done. If not, my guild or the others listed in the link above would be glad to welcome your alt. You can definitely get the pet without too much of a struggle.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » February 18th, 2014, 3:28 am

Arshadi wrote:I've been watching the folks who joined my guild just to get the pet, and so far it looks like they can get it by the time they hit level 38-40 if they start with a level 1 alt. I'm not sure how long it's taken the ones who started by leveling a DK, but either way the rep grind goes pretty quickly.
I was able to buy it at level 23. I've leveled with the tabard and hairlooms. Took me 6 hours of questing. This was my first horde char, you can probably reduce that by an hours if you know the quests and your way around Orgrimmar... Playing a warlock helped for the free mount.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » February 18th, 2014, 7:12 am

Kring wrote:
Arshadi wrote:I've been watching the folks who joined my guild just to get the pet, and so far it looks like they can get it by the time they hit level 38-40 if they start with a level 1 alt. I'm not sure how long it's taken the ones who started by leveling a DK, but either way the rep grind goes pretty quickly.
I was able to buy it at level 23. I've leveled with the tabard and hairlooms. Took me 6 hours of questing. This was my first horde char, you can probably reduce that by an hours if you know the quests and your way around Orgrimmar... Playing a warlock helped for the free mount.
It me about the same about level and time leveling as you,also my first horde toon and getting to know cities did take some time.
If have tabard pretty easy to do.
Just sell extra pets for money for tabard and one is good to go.
Tabard 250 gold I believe

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » February 18th, 2014, 11:10 am

Luciandk wrote:Meaning those whom have it can charge a big premium to allow petophiles to snag one.
We really need to get a better name for ourselves. :lol:
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » February 18th, 2014, 12:44 pm

I just got mine yesterday with Magical Menagerie on Madoran- Thanks Guys!! :mrgreen:

I was lvl 31-33ish when I joined, and I got Revered on the same quest that I dinged 40!! (with tabard)

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » February 18th, 2014, 1:44 pm

IIRC I was able to get my Thundering Serpent Hatch. at around level 18 or 19, no tabard, just by questing heavily (I know it was before 20 because I wasn't able to use a mount yet.) So it really is pretty easy once you find a guild that's willing to host pet collectors. Just sell a pet or two on whatever server the hosting guild is on to pay for the purchase cost.

Velcroe
Pet Score:909
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Velcroe » February 18th, 2014, 6:02 pm

quick tangental question. How much gold does it take to buy the pet once you reach exalted?

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » February 18th, 2014, 6:21 pm

It's 300g without discount, 270g at exalted.

Yaafm

Post by Yaafm » February 18th, 2014, 8:32 pm

Yeah ill probably get on it. Ive seen the post before but I was hoping my guild would do it. They have all silvers and one gold but I gotta look after my collection :D Thanks for the advice though.

Cec
Pet Score:4796
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Cec » February 19th, 2014, 3:49 am

No need for rep grind.

If you join with a lvl 90 char and you already exalted with your previous guild i think the rep with the new guild you join is rewered, so you dont really need to do anything just buy the pet and leave.

Thants how i did it, i didnt need to lvl anything just joined a guild bought the pet and left.

Arshadi
Pet Score:4464
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Arshadi » February 19th, 2014, 10:36 am

Luciandk wrote:So since the Thundering Serpent Hatchling is unlocked from doing MoP challenge modes it appears that come WoD, no new guilds may be able to unlock this pandaria pet for purchase. Meaning those whom have it can charge a big premium to allow petophiles to snag one.
I just wanted to add that neither my guild nor (I believe) any of the other guilds listed on this site charge anyone to join in order to get the pet. We're doing it just to be kind, as shocking as that may seem =P

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » February 19th, 2014, 12:27 pm

Arshadi wrote:I just wanted to add that neither my guild nor (I believe) any of the other guilds listed on this site charge anyone to join in order to get the pet. We're doing it just to be kind, as shocking as that may seem =P
The guilds offering it on this forum are doing it as a favor to other pet collectors. However I imagine there's probably a lot of casual collectors who don't know about that and might be tempted to pay for it if they see a guild on their server offering it as a service (I haven't seen it, but who knows). I know the matching mount was being sold on a number of servers and I have to admit I was tempted to just pay up for one, but luckily a friend is letting me leech it off his guild.

Yaafm

Post by Yaafm » February 19th, 2014, 2:52 pm

Thanks guys! I joined up with Magical Menagerie and they let me get it. Big thanks to them for doing this and to all the guilds offering the same help. You guys rock!

Post by Guest » February 21st, 2014, 10:39 am

Arshadi wrote:
Yaafm wrote: I'm not sure how long it's taken the ones who started by leveling a DK.
Level 61 with no heirlooms and with guild bonuses.