Rare Wild Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Velcroe
Pet Score:909
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us
Rare Wild Pets

Post by Velcroe » February 17th, 2014, 12:17 pm

So I have just gotten into the whole wild pet thing (doing for maybe two months now). Anway, I just recently grabbed both my valk and Minifernal. I found out about both of those pets pretty much on accident. Is there a list somewhere of other rare wild pets. I have seen the sticky and grab seasonal one but am looking for ones like the pets mentioned above that are simply rare spawns that cannot be purchased off the ah.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Rare Wild Pets

Post by Hootstwo » February 17th, 2014, 2:22 pm

Giraffe Calf was my bane - took ages for me to get one.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 17th, 2014, 6:32 pm

The rarest of wild pets would be Minfernal, Val'kyr, and Wanderer's Festival Hatchling (due to the limited, set spawn timer).

Scourged Whelpling used to be very rare as well but they upped the spawn a while back.

There are a lot of other pets that are slow to spawn but not nearly as bad as the above. Giraffe Calf and Anodized Robo Cub are good examples.

Velcroe
Pet Score:909
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Velcroe » February 17th, 2014, 6:40 pm

Peanutty wrote:The rarest of wild pets would be Minfernal, Val'kyr, and Wanderer's Festival Hatchling (due to the limited, set spawn timer).

Scourged Whelpling used to be very rare as well but they upped the spawn a while back.

There are a lot of other pets that are slow to spawn but not nearly as bad as the above. Giraffe Calf and Anodized Robo Cub are good examples.
The only thing I don't have of the things you listed is the Giraffe Calf. So I'll get started on that.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 17th, 2014, 7:49 pm

The other thing to consider is breed type vs rarity. For example, getting a rare flayer youngling isn't too tough, finding a rare s/s flayer youngling is much tougher due to all the breeds it comes in.

So if you care about optimal breeds, it might still be a good idea to have a stone for some others.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » February 18th, 2014, 11:37 pm

I know a few people have had problems getting the weather-dependent pets (Baby Ape, Arctic Foxling Kit, etc.). I don't know what the spawn timers are for those different types of weather, but I think that a few of them are pretty long.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Malenrhen
Pet Score:7124
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by Malenrhen » February 19th, 2014, 12:34 am

Jerebear wrote:The other thing to consider is breed type vs rarity. For example, getting a rare flayer youngling isn't too tough, finding a rare s/s flayer youngling is much tougher due to all the breeds it comes in.

So if you care about optimal breeds, it might still be a good idea to have a stone for some others.
Has anyone made a chart of the optimal breeds for each pet? Some of the pets have like 8 breeds and since we can only have 3 of each, that leaves 5 varieties we cannot tame :( So I'd rather have a chart so I can keep from clogging spots with breeds that aren't that good