Battle with that pet

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Xandr
Pet Score:5358
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Re: Battle with that pet

Post by Xandr » February 13th, 2014, 4:36 am

Oooh, this sounds fun - I'm in!

Since I'm not sure if Shikon is in as well, I picked a pet that both Shikon and Vek have...

How about you sweep up a few opponents with the Enchanted Broom? :lol:

Genome
Pet Score:2401
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Genome » February 13th, 2014, 4:56 am

Vek wrote:Genome for your next pet how about bringing out your Jade Tentacle.
How could you do this to me?! Heh. In all seriousness, the [pet]Jade Tentacle[/pet] blows. I tried him with a few different groups, and he was essentially the third wheel on a bicycle. The only thing he was remotely effective on was a Sunlight stall team (which I loathe and loathe playing). I ran her with [ability]Scratch[/ability], [ability]Shell Shield[/ability], and [ability]Entangling Roots[/ability] with my FoTM -counter team and she made a "decent" fill in for a crab to take on the Valks, and the trap is ok because of the quick cd.
Xandr wrote:Oooh, this sounds fun - I'm in!
Welocme to the party! And, speaking of party, let's see what kind of fireworks you can create using your [pet]Zergling[/pet]

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » February 13th, 2014, 1:59 pm

I used Enchanted Broom quite a bit during 5.3, not much so since 5.4. So an old friend of sorts. Nowdays I usually run with Batter, Sweep and Clean-Up. There must definitely be something fishy with the queues since the first opponent I run into has 3 Moths, and I cheer a little inside. Sadly I just mis-time just about everything, seems like one of those days, but in the end I manage to Batter the last Moth to death after it has missed with the Dust in the turn before.

I used a couple of different teams.
Broom, Clock'em, Blighthawk.
Broom, Vengeful Porcupette, Warbot.
Broom, Mongoose Pup, Skunky Alemental.
Broom, Leopard-Tree Frog, Voodoo Figurine.

Got about 8 out of 12 wins, and the Broom did pull it's own weight. Some fights it just shined and dominated the opposing team(especially a strange team with Valk, 322 speed rabbit and rater slow Imp). Others it just felt a bit lost.

It is still a very useful pet. Switch moves, though damage has been nerfed, are still very useful. Clean-Up is very nice vs minefield and cyclone, and as a bonus it beats up birds really really good. Still for me the poor Broom will probably collect dust in the closet for most of the time.

Genome, sorry bout the Tentacle I just like the model, hope you like Wolpertinger better.

Xandr
Pet Score:5358
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Xandr » February 13th, 2014, 3:03 pm

Right, so after 10 games with my [pet]Zergling[/pet] I've come to the conclusion that he's useless. 1237 HP is way too squishy to do anything really. Most games he didn't even survive his second round :(

First attempt at a team:
[pet]Zergling[/pet] (2,1,2), [pet]Skywisp Moth[/pet] (1,1,2), [pet]Magical Crawdad[/pet] (2,1,2)
With this one I was hoping to use the [ability]Zergling Rush[/ability] ability together with [ability]Call Lightning[/ability] which turned out to be a bad idea…

1. [pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet], [pet]Pandaren Monk[/pet], [pet]Frosty[/pet]
Being magic and faster than a dragonkin just hurts.

2. [pet]Death Adder Hatchling[/pet], [pet]Coral Adder[/pet], [pet]Chi-Chi, Hatchling of Chi-Ji[/pet]
This one I actually won.

3. [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet], [pet]Stitched Pup[/pet], [pet]Magical Crawdad[/pet]
Did you know that the Stitched Pup can [ability]Consume Corpse[/ability] the Val'kyr multiple times? Not fair :(

4. [pet]Szechuan Chicken[/pet], [pet]Lil' Bling[/pet], [pet]Thundertail Flapper[/pet]
Today I learned that Call Lightning against pets that can make it rain eggs and/or coins is a stupid stupid stupid idea…

5. [pet]Murkalot[/pet], [pet]Fossilized Hatchling[/pet], [pet]Blackfuse Bombling[/pet]
And again a showcase fight to show that Call Lightning can be quite suicidal… Yes, I'm looking at you Murkalot, with your [ability]Blessed Hammer[/ability]

So that sucked, and I tried another team:
[pet]Zergling[/pet] (1,1,1), [pet]Crawling Claw[/pet] (2,2,2), [pet]Lurky[/pet] (1,2,2)
Central idea for this one was to use [ability]Rot[/ability] together with [ability]Flank[/ability] and [ability]Stampede[/ability]… Well, let's just say I got destroyed big time by the following five teams:

1. [pet]Ash Viper[/pet], [pet]Bonkers[/pet], [pet]Thundertail Flapper[/pet]

2. [pet]Baby Ape[/pet], [pet]Bonkers[/pet], [pet]Thundertail Flapper[/pet]

3. [pet]Chi-Chi, Hatchling of Chi-Ji[/pet], [pet]Yu'La, Broodling of Yu'lon[/pet], [pet]Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen[/pet]

4. [pet]Sunreaver Micro-Sentry[/pet], [pet]Lil' Bling[/pet], [pet]Son of Animus[/pet]

5. [pet]Chi-Chi, Hatchling of Chi-Ji[/pet], [pet]Phoenix Hatchling[/pet], [pet]Fel Flame[/pet]

1 out of 10 wins… Zergling, you chomping up a Grunty is fun, but that's all I'm gonna use you for: Entertainment.

Or maybe I'm just bad at team building and it was all my fault… Guess I'll do some reading up.

Speaking of reading; How about taking out your [pet]Lofty Libram[/pet]? :)

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » February 13th, 2014, 7:40 pm

Lofty Libram, actually never really used that one before. On paper it looks like a pretty ok pet, no glaring weakness other than being in the magic family. Could either go bird hunting or scaring off humans. Amplify Magic can be interesting in that it is a team buff that buffs the active pet even if you switch.

Lately I have been running into a lot of Decoys and those are damn annoying. So Arcane Explosion would take care of that. I thought to try with Shadow Shock hoping to come up against some humanoids, and then took Inner Vision in last slot just to have something to do if the opposing pet dodged/blinded/was unattackable. I pick up a Moongoose Pup and a Warbot. What do I run into, triple Crows...Arcane Explosion is just a bit too weak to do any real harm even against birds.

Ok next fight I actually made use of Arcane Explosion to remove a decoy, other than that the Libram didn't do very much, actually won this fight. Next up was Fiendish Imp, Corefire Imp and Restless Shadeling, quite an annoying team. At least this time the Libram did get to finish off an imp with Shadow Shock but after that it all went downhill. After facing two lightning teams, with lots of mechs so Arcane Explosion was super crappy even with lightning bonus, I decided to switch things up a bit.

In came a Quiraj Guardling and a De-Weaponized Companion. Things turned around I got won 5 in a row. I can't really say it was because of the Libram, but it did make some useful Curse of Doom but it rarely did above par. In reality the Guardling was the star of the show, smacking around lightningcloning-dragons. Shutting down any damage the above imps were trying to do and being generally very excellent.

I must say that I tremble every time I was about to cast Shadow Shock. In the first 5 fights it missed on the first cast every time, and often after that the poor book was just on the way out. So If I am ever going to use this one again I will go bird hunting instead.

Xandr, welcome, and now you get to try out your Ji-Kun Hatchling. And by the way damn that is an excellent pet collection you have. :)

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 13th, 2014, 8:46 pm

Enchanted broom it is will get back to you :)

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » February 14th, 2014, 2:25 am

Ok, so I've been consistent in responding with my battles and results, giving details about my method and madness, and assigning my fellow masochists their due self-flagellating tasks. But, to my heart's discontent, interlopers have appeared to disrupt the bottom feeding synergy of this thread of despair.

If you post, assign the person above you a pet with which to do battle! There are no exceptions!

Please ignore the post I made earlier excepting myself from this one, inextricable truth.

To that end!

Vek: I want... no, I need you to know the depths of my drooling goobering goblinesk love for you in hatching this unfathomable abomination of a thread. Therefore and forthwith, make your Peddlefeet do battle! And win, for my drunk-assed heart! Or some facsimile of it!

And Shikon01, recipient of my dismay, wrath, and scorn for not having assigned a battle pet (twice!), send forth your ever so proud and lustful Ethereal Soul-Trader and report its pitiful results.

And lastly, to Genome, who posted after me without assigning me a tiny little scorpion, or snake, or penguin, or fish, or feisty moth, or elemental vegetable. Die in a fire. With your stupid Wolpertinger Vek assigned you. Really. You and your pet of the moment deserve each other in fiery death. Stupid mish-mashed genetic materials.

That is all :twisted:

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » February 14th, 2014, 11:20 am

I don't have my soul trader level up yet, but hope to make some head way on that today. As far as the enchanted broom goes I remember through 5.3 it was the " go to " pet and considered OP by many, and I used it until its lack luster proformance just couldn't get the job done anymore. It wasn't a good night to say the least. I made several teams :
Team One

Enchanted Broom ( Spankdatass) I know wrong on so many levels but couldn't help myself : batter, sweep, clean-up
Fiendish Imp ( Tobby )
Anubisath Idol ( Prophet )
Team Two
Enchanted Broom ( Spankdatass )
Fel Flame ( Fire Starter )
Fiendish Imp (Tobby )
Team Three
Valk ( Macbeth )
Tundra Penguin ( Zippie )
Team Four
Magical Crawdad ( Crabby )
Wisp ( Willow )

I used team One and my draw was Golden Hatching.ashwing moth and Harbinger of flame. Of course broom had no issues w/ the moth and imp took care of the hatching, but I struggle w/ what health I had left to take out the flame and got lucky w/ a win.
I used team one and my next battle drew 3 mechanicals and I knew it wasn't going to be pretty against a sunreaver, clockwork gnome and Dm tonk. I had idol do sand storm to block the turret. I took out the sunreaver first then the gnome, but I didn't have enough left to take out the tonk. I used sweep a lot just to keep some health and move the pets around to get their health down, but in the end I got beat like an unwanted step-child lol !!
On my next battle I got the same 3 mechancials and I wasn't happy so I forfeited knowing what the result was going to be and went w/ team two.
Yep got the same 3 mechancials and told him " come to mama " I used sweep w/ my enchanted broom to torment and draw out their death as the fiendish imp and fel fire had no problem taking them out.
Next battle got the same 3 mechanicals REALLY !! I was looking for some variety so used team two to take them out quickly then switched to an alt and different area and used team three.
I drew a kun lai runt, bonkers and death addor, Bonkers took out my broom so quickly that the cool down on my valk didn't have enough time to recover. The penguin I love and its an overall great and under used pet, but it wasn't enough to get a win from these heavy hitters..I lost.
Next battle was 3 moths against team three, the broom battered sweep and cleaned up its way to victory basically easy win no matter how you look at it.
Next battle was w/ chi chi, bonkers and bombfuse and against team four and the broom was really a handicap in this battle. The crab did its job against the boomfuse, but the wisp wasn't enough w/ the broom to take out chi chi and bonkers. so got my butt kicked.
Overall, I was reminded why I don't use the broom much anymore w/ all the new pets in game " spankdatass " doesn't spank too much these days lol !!

Tuatha
Top Rater

Post by Tuatha » February 14th, 2014, 2:40 pm

Yes, I saw your Soul Trader wasn't leveled yet. I gave you him as punishment for not assigning a pet to the poster above you. Which you just did again. Please give me a pet to play with?

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » February 15th, 2014, 8:04 am

Tuatha wrote:Yes, I saw your Soul Trader wasn't leveled yet. I gave you him as punishment for not assigning a pet to the poster above you. Which you just did again. Please give me a pet to play with?
Tuatha, its turkey time so how do you really feel about a little bird :)

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » February 15th, 2014, 10:32 pm

This is where I make apologies for slacking & stuff. We're getting ready to move soon, so most of my time is spent either packing or packing right now, with occasional packing. My assigned pet, waaaaay forever ago, was the Pandaren Fire Spirit.

I actually tried a tactic that was new to me in PVP: AoE. I'd used the broom a bit, a while ago, for the sweepy sweep of it all, but never really built around killing pets before they even came into play. It seems a little mean. But THIS THREAD MAKES ME MEAN so I figured it was time. I paired the spirit with a Valkyr with Unholy Ascension and Curse of Doom (mostly for swappers), and a Creepy Crate with Curse of Doom and Bonestorm. The fossilized hatchling is clearly a better choice for this type of team, but laziness, i haz it. The Fire Spirit also used Flamethrower and Conflagrate in addition to its AoE Magma Wave, so it did really well as both an additional AoE slot but also as a burst anchor.

This team comp was amazingly fun to play, and really successful. One big achilles heel here is aquatics, but other than that I was ripping through things left and right, and since most teams don't run aquatic-heavy, even then I was able to do a significant amount of damage against the back row. The other was Sandstorm, which, ugh. I'm thinking this comp would definitely be improved by a player other than that silly Crate, too... Chrominius with his extra Howl debuff might be a good pick, something like that. Needs a little more work, but a fun, surprisingly strong team that I think I'll be adding to my actual rotation.

Shikon, you have behaved with honor by giving out your assignments. Your Pandaren Monk will be glad to fight with you, I think.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » February 16th, 2014, 3:53 am

Love is in the air. Creepy freak of a winged Goblin, Peddlefeet, with the slowest bullet-time arrows in the world. It's actually a pretty powerful pet, kind of similar to Qiraj Guardling but with no weather.

Rapid Fire is something of a strange attack in slot one. If you only have this and are the last pet you are in trouble, it hits really weak. But if you use it when the opponent has three active pets it starts to be useful. It is best combined with Call Lightning, especially since it hits each opposing pet twice so you get double lightning bonus damage. Shields and Sandstorm of course make it obsolete. Combined with the stun arrow and 325 speed you can do some quite serious damage without much retaliation.

So Tranquil Mechanical Yeti and a frog is what I started with. Call Lightning, switch to Peddlefeet and blast away. I used this a bit during 5.3 and was pretty successful with it. It hasn't really lost it's touch either. Got a few wins and got a few fights that didn't end so well, mostly thanks to Sandstorm.

Switched to Bow Shot, Lovestruck and Love Postion(for the really quick heal). Used a Minfernal(see other post) and Son of Animus(needed something that was not weak vs beasts). This team also did really well. Both Minfernal and the Son has Extra Plating making them very durable. Peddlefeet complemented them well by being speedier and with the stun, also the heal(while small) was quite helpful. Actually won majority of my battles. I can see this as a team I'm going to use again, but not sure I prefer Peddlefeet to the Guardling.

Liopleurodon bring out your Summit Kid.

Runawayjim
Pet Score:3324
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Runawayjim » February 16th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Win with the mini mindslayers stun vek

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » February 18th, 2014, 9:46 am

Mini Mindslayer. Seems to have pretty decent stats with it’s P/S breed, 289 in both power and speed. Trouble is it’s abilities. If you don’t go with Mana Surge you will not have any kind of powerful attack. And if you do go with Mana Surge, unless you are lucky with it you will be pretty cooldown locked afterwards. Of course you might be lucky and face an opponent with lots of health so you can Life Exchange, but I wouldn’t count on it.

At first I tried with Mana Surge. It did ok damage when it actually hit. I of course tried with Arcane Storm(which by the way is very crappy in combination with Ice Tomb from Azure whelp). After 5 failed battles I tried switching to Eye Blast and Interrupting Gaze, the damage is paltry even with Amplify Magic.

Im not just having fun with this guy. Very much not my cup of tea. Finally did win a couple with Imperial Eagle Chick and Jademist Dancer. And in one fight it actually was kind of useful, eating a Haunt, hitting 3 times with mana surge, then switched back waiting for Haunt to run out. Switched in and made a 600 health Life Exchange with the Valk. That round was kind of nice, but thats about it.

Edit: Just faced someone using a Mini Mindslayer. They used Amplify Magic, Eye Blast and then Life Exchange. Well it was not very problematic to deal with but I guess this is one way to use it. Kind of like a chicken race. Just Eye Blast away. With the speed debuff and your own 289 speed you will most probably be faster. Then you have to wait until you have really really low health and hit them with a huge Life Exchange. The problem with this is threefold. One, you still have no great finisher, Eye Blast can hardly kill anything. Secondly, Life Exchange will never give you an advantage, just equalise the board. Thirdly since you are faster you will probably be hit after doing Life Exchange so you will be at a health disadvantage again. Guess only good thing is if you manage to force them to change pets so you can Life Exchange on a fresh enemy.

Runawayjim I’m interested in seeing what you can do with Jadefire Spirit.

Tuatha
Top Rater

Post by Tuatha » February 20th, 2014, 12:16 pm

Shikon01 wrote:Tuatha, its turkey time so how do you really feel about a little bird :)
Well, the first thing I wanted to do was get a rare s/s to 25, so after a few days of tamer dailies I got a flying stone and upgraded my uncommon (I just don't have the patience to farm it any more) and leveled it.

I decided I wanted to use food coma, since it's a unique ability to turkeys and I might as well go with a moth otherwise. But that meant I didn't want to pair it with a dot like haunt or poison fang, so both Valk and DAH were out. I thought combining it with a long term telegraphed attack like CoD would allow me to swap to the Turkey to coma something with an avoidance, like lift-off or deflect, so I used a Ghostly Skull and rounded the team off with an Emperor Crab.

I never got the chance to use the CoD/Coma combo, but the team was reasonably strong simply because of the family synergies. The combo of undead, flying, and aquatic hits on a wide array of fotm teams out there. The one DAH team I saw fled after I coma'd his Adder the first round, and I ended up winning 4/7 over the weekend with that team before I changed it up a bit, losing to a scorched earth team twice in a row at the end.

I had seen Disco post a similar team using a Spirit Crab in place of the Skull. It's very similar in that the family coverage is what makes it a strong comp, but opposing teams with better synergy can topple it. Although I went 4/5 with it, I think I prefer the Skull simply because coma can be used to mess with avoidance of CoD, but whirlpool hits too fast, going off the same round I'd get the food coma is cast and making it worthless against deflect (but likely to hit against non-priority avoidance). I never did get the chance to use that tactic tho :( Both solid teams, but not due to food coma :|

Vek, now that crouch has been buffed a bit, see if that increases the viability of your s/s Sporling Sprout.

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » February 21st, 2014, 12:24 am

Having played around with S/S Nether Faerie Dragon, Infected Squirrel with a different third every couple of battles it was easy to just bring in the Sporeling Sprout as the third pet. The Dragon and Squirrel are so effective together but I really had to push the Sporeling to the front.

I usually did Evanescence, Moonfire then switch to Squirrel. Creeping Fungus and then Stampede. After one turn of Stampede, and definitely after two, you really feel your opponent squirm when trying to decide what to do(shall this pet die or should I switch in a pet, but then that pet will get shattered defence debuff...). But now I jumped in with the Sporeling instead of the Squirrel, well depending on opposition of course, no need switching to the humanoid when facing an Unborn Val'kyr.

Things went really well this evening. I won 8 out of 10. Didn't really notice the crouch buff, but 325 speed with crouch and humanoid racial is very nice. Annoyingly many misses with Jab at 90%. I also tried the Sporeling as more of a stand alone pet in some other teams, but then used Leech Seed instead of Creeping Fungus. This worked ok. I think perhaps it could be more useful with the P/P Sporeling, using Charge, Leech Seed, Crouch, but that will have to wait for another day. The last two fights I ran into 2 dragons and a ruby dropping team, even with some misses from Jab this was going to hurt them a lot.

The crowing moment though was against a Murkalot team. Crouch is very nice against any 100% damage bonus since they cancel each other out and then Crouch still lasts longer. Also with Creeping fungus being undead damage, poor little Murkalot. It even tried falling from the sky stunning itself, I still had Crouch up. Well it was a good evening.

Tuatha can you bring back some glory to Fluxfire Feline?

Celya
Top Rater
Pet Score:4103
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Celya » February 21st, 2014, 4:19 am

Hi, forum ghost here, but I'm enjoying this thread so much that I just had to jump in. Not sure my theorycrafting skills are up to the standards here, but there's only one way to find out, so here goes...

I wanted to suggest a [pet]Minfernal[/pet], but someone already made a thread about this, so let's see the poster above me do something with his [pet]Gulp Froglet[/pet].

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » February 21st, 2014, 11:00 am

Gulp Froglet this is going to be.... interesting. I just had to try out Toxic Skin. Well since I didn't get to face anyone using stampede type attack or anyone with multi hit like Flurry it just felt really worthless. About 70 damage per turn for the two turns it was alive after wasting one turn casting Toxic Skin. Perhaps you can get more use of it when facing certain pets.

I also tried Corpse Explosion. But the froglet is just a bit too slow to make certain use of it, though it has more than average health the bonus damage was minuscule. Also Corpse Explosion is much better use on the Infected Squirrel, being undead, since you can actually cast it in your next to last turn and still get your undead turn(explode for mechanics don't have this advantage) so you can do a stampede or something. The Frog just dies.

So after a couple of horrible matches, i had to switch teams and abilities. Water Jet, Mudslide and Swarm. Froglet was joined by a Minfernal and a Nether Faerie Dragon(ran into triple crows just before). Now suddenly I get some easier teams, at least I get to try out the frog for a bit longer. First up was a Electrified Razortooth, Celestial Dragon and Core-Hound Pup. This poor(perhaps new player trying his way around pet battles) guy just did the same thing for four straight fights.

Pretty much went like this. Froglet vs Electrified Razortooth. You wouldn't believe how much 95% hit Water Jet can miss. Still the Razortooth tried with Jolt -> Paralyzing Shock -> Devour, every time, but just didn't power to kill off the Froglet. Water Jet was strong so hit pretty good. Anyway each fight the Froglet was up against the Celestial Dragon and I could do Swarm. Then when the Minfernal got in, after Froglet died, it just smacked the dragon for 1400 each attack. First fight the pup tried to duke it out, but the others it fled. I just hoped he would try and switch it up a bit. Though I did find that in two fight I ended the Razortooth with Mudslide. This was quite nice since the Dragon was now stuck for three turns and couldn't switch out of the Swarm and Minfernal attacks. I can see this being quite useful, but you need to make your opponent switch into the Mudslide since it does not affect the target actually hit by Mudslide.

Next two matches was against Val'kyr, Raggy and Crawdad. I was actually looking forward to this to get a better feel of the Froglet. The Froglet being strong vs both Val'kyr and Raggy. Ideal I would have liked to do Swarm and then get a Mudslide on a debuffed Val'kyr, but since Val'kyr does Haunt I couldn't do that. So Mudslide hit the Valk pretty hard, got a CoD in return, then hit with Water Jet and they cast Haunt. Pretty good trade, since both CoD and Haunt are very weak vs aquatics. In came raggy, Water Jet hit for a lot(around 700 crit during the second fight). Raggy cast a trap which of course blew up the next turn, though Raggy had the wave attack so it would have blown up anyway, still I missed my attack in the first fight. In the second fight I did get two hits in before being stunned. Raggy did Sons and I switched to the Minfernal. With Extra Plating the sons damage was not that hard, and the Minfernal finished off Raggy with a Crush.

In the first fight I played badly and the Crawdad whittled me down, even though it's surge was very very weak against the Minfernal. I learned my lesson and kicked the Crawdad but in the second fight. The P/P Minfernal just hits for hard enough that the Crawdad healing isn't much of a problem.

All in all the Gulp Froglet worked well against undead and elementals, but against others not so much. Biggest issue is that the Froglet does not have any heal, like the other frogs do. Also the three breeds does not really do much for it. I'll probably keep it on the bench, for now. Perhaps I'll hope for a duel against a rabbit so I can check if Toxic Skin can be useful.

Celya, welcome to the thread, and now you have to give Arcane Eye some playtime. Good luck.

Brahmaim
Pet Score:4932
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Brahmaim » February 21st, 2014, 11:11 am

This is one of my favorite threads ever. I have so enjoyed hearing the creative ways you guys have tried to get something out of some flawed pets. I am really really leary of posting as I'll no doubt get some horrible pet assigned, but wth, feeling good, my Tar Heels won last night, why not.

Vek, you've rocked it so far, not wasting any opportunity to give a underused pet some burn. What can you do with the other Love is in the Air holiday pet, the Toxic Wastling?

Genome
Pet Score:2401
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Genome » February 21st, 2014, 9:43 pm

Well Vek, I have re-evaluated the Wolportinger and have come to the realization that he still sucks, lol. About the only thing he runs "decently" with is a [ability]Dazzling Dance[/ability] type of team so that you can sometimes utilize [ability]Horn Attack[/ability], but even then he is considerably slower than most of the speedsters that you run into, making it less than ideal. Also, he must be a self-hating critter as his strongest attacks are both against critters. While he does have decent versatility, he is just not very effective at anything. If I want versatile, I would much rather go with a [pet]Nether Ray Fry[/pet].

Welcome to the pool party Brahmaim! Time to jump in the deep end and roll with your Crimson Geode.