What pet(s) did you give/get for the holidays?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Moritach
MVP
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Re: What pet(s) did you give/get for the holidays?

Post by Moritach » December 21st, 2011, 2:12 am

There's only one other pet collector in my guild and I may buy her something like the hyacinth macaw. As for pets for me... I've been hoping for pets for the past two years, but never got any, so I'm not even going to try to get my hopes up. ;P

Siusy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5128
BattleTag®:siusy#1631
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Siusy » December 21st, 2011, 6:00 am

I've farmed up and given different colored whelps and a firefly once to friends on their birthdays.. farmed up and gave a black tabby once to a friend because when they saw mine they commented how it looked like their rl kitty.. made and gave one of the newest eng pets to a friend as a "welcome back to the game" gift when they came back to try cata... and many others here and there throughout the years.. most recently, I noticed a guildie was 10 pets off from the 75 pet achievement (she's always helping her hubby collect pets but rarely gets them for herself), so I looked her up on the armory and sent her ten she needed for her bday..

when I used to do mount runs, I'd farm up and craft various pets to bring with me as door prizes for anyone who hadn't won a mount from any of the raids to roll on..

some of the pets, like the dragon whelplings, I've farmed up over a half dozen times apiece over the years for various reasons.. I guess my main's insane title really fits me lol..
Siusy ~ Resto Shammy, LWer, Engineer & Fluff Collector
Image Proud Suggie Mommy of Lilo & Stitch Image

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » December 25th, 2011, 5:56 pm

This year i didnt give out any pets, tho i have both recieved and given out some of the pet store pets since they made it to the game.
But since the only ingame friend i really give presents got them all by now, i had to find something else, so she is getting a baby murloc plush (not the ones from the blizzard store), tho it didnt arive on time :( , but neither did my gift from her, so i dont have to feel so guilty :P

Just took a look at her collection since this got me thinking of it, and she is at 162 pets,i can hardly belive its so many :o

NoxCrucifix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7397
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by NoxCrucifix » December 26th, 2011, 2:53 am

This year I did presents for a few friends. I poked around on the armory to see who didn't have which pets, and then I got my butt out into the world to nab them! I stumbled across a few of the rare raptor hatchlings in their various nests and sent one to my guild leader and one to a friend. I also braved the hostile goblins of Everlook for a winterspring cub for my guild leader as well. Then I farmed around on an alt for the various OOX distress beacons so I could piece together that mechanical chicken for another guild mate...and finally, I found a Sen'jin Fetish in my Call to Arms satchel and gifted that to my fiance. Phew! Shopping in game is almost as involved as shopping in real life. :P

Harval
MVP
Pet Score:4699
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harval » December 26th, 2011, 3:41 am

I got the Hippogryph Hatchling a couple of years back from a friend before Blizzard stripped it of its originality.

I gave out some pets this year to a few people. Elementium Geode and Magic Lamp, and the Purple Puffer to the same person who gave me the Hippogryph a while back. They don't care for pets the way I do, though the latter of those does want her Pokecraft water themed team ready to go.

Moritach
MVP

Post by Moritach » December 26th, 2011, 5:09 am

Ended up giving 12 pets away for a total of 50k gold... and didn't get a single present back from any of my wow buddies... Ugh, I hate christmas, I always just set myself up for disappointment. -.-

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » December 26th, 2011, 7:54 pm

Moritach wrote:Ended up giving 12 pets away for a total of 50k gold... and didn't get a single present back from any of my wow buddies... Ugh, I hate christmas, I always just set myself up for disappointment. -.-
The best way to get a good present is not to expect any! :P

Harval
MVP
Pet Score:4699
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harval » December 26th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Moritach wrote:Ended up giving 12 pets away for a total of 50k gold... and didn't get a single present back from any of my wow buddies... Ugh, I hate christmas, I always just set myself up for disappointment. -.-
That's an average of over 4100g per pet! What in the world did you buy so many of that cost so much?

Amuneta
MVP
Pet Score:5085
BattleTag®:Amuneta#1245
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Amuneta » December 27th, 2011, 3:41 am

I gave a friend a landro's lichling (the code for it of course, really wish blizz would make tcg pets bou like the mounts) for christmas he was shocked :).

Rawr... that is all.

Sundrop
Pet Score:487
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Sundrop » December 27th, 2011, 1:37 pm

the boyfriend bought me all the pet store pets (including both stuffed toys) this year! *eeeek*

Gwen
MVP
Pet Score:8349
BattleTag®:Gwenniekins#2985
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Gwen » January 3rd, 2012, 2:41 am

I got a Lurky plushie from my best friend. No ingame pets though, but then again, I'm all out of BoE pets to collect. :)
Because soulshards are pink.

Mezcaal
Top Rater
Pet Score:6205
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Mezcaal » January 3rd, 2012, 3:30 am

I participated on my server's Secret Santa and sent mine 2 of the tourney pets. Dun Morogh Cub and Teldrassil Hatchling.

My, otherwise, in-game celebrating was very minimal.

Editing my post to add two more to my list. I noticed one of my pet collecting guild mates was at 123 pets. So I picked her up two tourney pets to give her the 125 achievement <3
Last edited by Mezcaal on January 4th, 2012, 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
>> Pet Interaction Guide https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16249 <<

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » January 3rd, 2012, 4:35 am

I know its not a pet, but one of my ingame friends send me a T shirt with a picture where both our characters are on, i love it so much!

Moritach
MVP

Post by Moritach » January 3rd, 2012, 3:45 pm

Harval wrote:
That's an average of over 4100g per pet! What in the world did you buy so many of that cost so much?
Because I'm on Silvermoon where everything is very expensive and people mostly miss pets that are expensive to get. D: