Best CT pets (rewards)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abyl1
Pet Score:4019
Realm:Llane-us
Best CT pets (rewards)

Post by Abyl1 » February 11th, 2014, 2:29 pm

I did the CT when it first came out and got the tiger, and then avoided it until recently. Tonight I will finally be able to get my 2nd celestial and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what was good for battling?

I've also noticed that the teams people talk about for PVP rarely include these pets, why's that?

Thanks!

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Re: Best CT pets (rewards)

Post by Kendrah » February 11th, 2014, 2:43 pm

Abyl1 wrote:I did the CT when it first came out and got the tiger, and then avoided it until recently. Tonight I will finally be able to get my 2nd celestial and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what was good for battling?
I love Chi-Chi for No-No. She makes that fight relatively easy.
Abyl1 wrote:I've also noticed that the teams people talk about for PVP rarely include these pets, why's that?
I wondered that too. I tried Yu'la the other day and held off a Magical Crawdad with wish/mists and a DAH for five minutes with Life Exchange. Then I tried Zu-fu with vengeance and rather sucked. The attack before I used it was like 800 and my vengeance only hit for 100. *sigh* Overall, I haven't been able to make them work but I wasn't certain if it's because they suck in PVP or it's because I suck at PVP. XD

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » February 11th, 2014, 7:44 pm

I've always just accepted them for PvE. Xu-fu is great vs critters. You'll rarely if ever need to heal in between.

I got the ox second. He liked to kick my ass in the first few weeks, so I made sure he was mine!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Post by Guest » February 12th, 2014, 8:46 am

In order of PvE usefulness, I'd go for:

Chi-ji
Xu-fu
Zao
Yu'la - no self heal.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » February 12th, 2014, 10:42 am

Haevlyn wrote:Yu'la - no self heal.
Yu'la does and doesn't. She has life exchange which can work as a self heal if you use it right. It's not a straight up self heal but it can give as much as wish does so it ain't horrible.

Pinyin
Pet Score:4679
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Pinyin » February 13th, 2014, 9:54 am

I snagged the Zao (calf) first because it has the ability "Wish". i wanted a backup for my crawdad. If you don't have a crawdad you might want to consider him. My second pet was chi-ji. Other than leveling him, I haven't used him much.