pets specified as guardian and as ninja

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Banksia
Pet Score:3452
Realm:Thrall-us
pets specified as guardian and as ninja

Post by Banksia » February 9th, 2014, 2:35 am

I have not found any information explaining what the difference between Guardian spec (three hearts icon) and Health spec (single heart icon) is, nor have I encountered in my weary stumbling, any reference to the Ninja spec (purple chevrons icon) nor a comparison of Ninja to Speed spec ( yellow chevrons). If some kind soul would direct my weary steps in the direction of answers to these puzzles, or better yet dispel my confusion by providing an explanation, I would be most grateful.
thanks.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: pets specified as guardian and as ninja

Post by Luciandk » February 9th, 2014, 5:58 am

Not sure where youve heard those terms like guardian or ninja, methinks you have a weird pet battle mod.

Theres Health, Power, Speed and Balanced. The various pet beeds a mixture of those 4.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pet-battles/breeds/

Simenon
Pet Score:3946
BattleTag®:Simenon#2667
Realm:Nemesis-eu

Post by Simenon » February 9th, 2014, 5:33 pm

I have the same addon (though, since I have several of them pet-related, I can't tell which one it is :D). Basically, Guardian = H/H, Ninja = S/S, Destruction = P/P, Health = H/B, Power = P/B, Speed = S/B.

Post by Guest » February 10th, 2014, 4:19 am

In your pet journal - select any pet (for example Infinte Whelpling) and the info appears in the top right section (above the 3 battle slots).

The addon will state "Destruction" with two crossed swords (for example). Hover over the destruction bit and a popup will tell you what the stat breakdown is (in this case 100% Power).

Banksia
Pet Score:3452
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Banksia » February 11th, 2014, 3:02 am

Thank You, Thank You, and Thank You again.
I do have a couple pet addons and wondered if that was where the odd specs were coming from.
Now that I know I am missing less than I feared I was, I will merrily continue my quest for the perfect rare team-to-beat-everything-in-sight!

Vetteranger
Top Rater
Pet Score:4846
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Vetteranger » September 6th, 2014, 9:51 am

Simenon, I know this note comes a year and a few months later, but thank you for that post. I've been trying to relate those text descriptions to specific breeds for a while, and yours is the ONLY comment I've found after a few Google searches that spelled it out. It wasn't hard to figure out that Ninja related to speed and so forth, but it's helpful to have it defined as you did.

Haevlyn, with my add-on the text description appears in the lower left corner of the pet window, but as you indicated, hovering over it gives me VERY useful information about exactly what percentage bonuses are being added to each stat. It's good to know which breeds are getting 100% in bonuses versus others that might get 85% or 90% in bonuses.