Leaving WOW

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Cdeveau
Pet Score:3741
Realm:Gul'dan-us
Leaving WOW

Post by Cdeveau » February 7th, 2014, 3:06 pm

Mingling with the people on the Warcraftpets site has been amazing, but I've reached a point where what I'm putting in <> what I'm getting from WOW, especially after today's slick move on their part.

So to that effect I am quitting WOW. Good luck to everyone in their grind, and thank you all.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Re: Leaving WOW

Post by Shikon01 » February 7th, 2014, 3:16 pm

Good luck to you and we are always here so come visit :) Just wondering if you wanted to share what wow did to for you to quit...still looking at forums

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » February 7th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Cdeveau wrote:Mingling with the people on the Warcraftpets site has been amazing, but I've reached a point where what I'm putting in <> what I'm getting from WOW, especially after today's slick move on their part.
What did they do?

Gingersnapp83
Top Rater
Pet Score:4773
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Gingersnapp83 » February 7th, 2014, 4:03 pm

What happened? :shock:

Cdeveau

Post by Cdeveau » February 7th, 2014, 4:10 pm

Long story short: 2/3 I placed an order in their gear store for the wind rider cub. It's been processing until today when it was updated to a cancelled status with no explanation. In speaking with a GM, I was given various theories about the reasoning behind the cancellation.

While all that was nice, if WOW cannot manage what items are in their store and what inventory they have in a timely and competent manner, I can no longer do business with them as I cannot trust them to be competent in any other aspect of their business model.

And if I don't trust you, I don't do business with you.

Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Post by Ruststorm » February 7th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Cdeveau wrote:Long story short: 2/3 I placed an order in their gear store for the wind rider cub. It's been processing until today when it was updated to a cancelled status with no explanation. In speaking with a GM, I was given various theories about the reasoning behind the cancellation.
I guess you live in Europe? I've got the same thing, it's been processing since 3rd of Feb... Still nothing... I'm afraid i will never get those plushies...

I see your point really. Good luck with your future (gaming) life! :)

:edit: same thing happened to me with my order... I'm quite mad at Blizzard right now as well...

Cdeveau

Post by Cdeveau » February 7th, 2014, 4:42 pm

Ruststorm wrote:
I guess you live in Europe? I've got the same thing, it's been processing since 2nd of Feb... Still nothing... I'm afraid i will never get those plushies...

Nope, I'm in the US. Sorry to hear you've had the same warm fuzzy experience that I had, and it makes me wonder at the ineptitude of WOW.

Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Post by Ruststorm » February 7th, 2014, 5:41 pm

Cdeveau wrote:
Ruststorm wrote:
I guess you live in Europe? I've got the same thing, it's been processing since 2nd of Feb... Still nothing... I'm afraid i will never get those plushies...

Nope, I'm in the US. Sorry to hear you've had the same warm fuzzy experience that I had, and it makes me wonder at the ineptitude of WOW.
All I can think of: it's a store still in Beta form... so i guess stuff like this can happen unforunately. :( However, lack of information and notification is a weak set of skills.

Post by Guest » February 10th, 2014, 4:26 am

Whilst it's unfortunate they cancelled your order without good reasons, I think this is a bit hypocritical.
Cancelling a game you clearly enjoy(ed), because you can't get a pet and a stuffed toy?

(did I feed the troll? oops).

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » February 10th, 2014, 11:00 am

I've known a couple people with that attitude and in the end they seem to punish themselves more than the companies they end up not doing business with. Stuff happens. If you only do business with companies that are perfect you'll end up not doing business with anyone because no one is perfect. Ultimately, IMO it should be not about if they've ever make a mistake but how they handle it afterwards that counts. Now there may be more to your story that you didn't share but you didn't share it so we can only look at what you've said.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » February 10th, 2014, 1:42 pm

Sad to see you go, but it seems a little bit of an overreaction to base your opinion of WoW off the success of an online store. I understand it is upsetting, but I think it has little to do with 'trust' where the design of WoW is concerned.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » February 10th, 2014, 1:43 pm

Heh, just read the two comments above me and I think they said it better.

But yeah, OP seems to be acting kind of outrageously.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 12th, 2014, 11:04 pm

I got a quick response when I put in a ticket to redeem my sand scarab due to a malfunction w/ our buddy at booty bay. Said he was kicking my ticket up to get me another code and would get back to me. That was 4-5 days ago and still waiting, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it; however if it was a high dollar rare...I just might ;)

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » February 13th, 2014, 3:19 am

I suspect the OP was becoming generally dissatisfied with Blizzard and this was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » February 13th, 2014, 3:50 am

I quit WoW once. Was the worst nights sleep I ever had ;)

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » February 13th, 2014, 4:17 am

Index wrote:I quit WoW once. Was the worst nights sleep I ever had ;)
Amen.
@TamerWakamaru