Tranquil Mechanical Yeti

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Harpua
Pet Score:4602
Realm:Aggramar-us
Tranquil Mechanical Yeti

Post by Harpua » February 1st, 2014, 4:49 pm

One of my alts is an Engineer and I ran him through the quests to get the Yeti recipe. Come to find out, it's been removed from the game. Bought one on the AH for 300 gold, so I can't be too disappointed. But it still kind of irks me.

So it made me think, are there any other pets whose quest has been removed from the game like that? Anyone have any juice with the devs to get this one back?

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Tranquil Mechanical Yeti

Post by Gwenolyn » February 1st, 2014, 5:09 pm

see below... was having trouble cuz I'm at work... blocked blocked blocked
Last edited by Gwenolyn on February 1st, 2014, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gwenolyn
MVP

Post by Gwenolyn » February 1st, 2014, 5:24 pm

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 1st, 2014, 5:26 pm

Wow, I had no idea that the quest that rewards the yeti schematic was removed. Wowhead comments seem to confirm that it was removed around patch 5.2, but the Tranquil Mechanical Yeti can still be obtained from Blingtron's daily quest. I'm not sure if you receive the recipe or the pet; I'm guessing it's the actual pet.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gwenolyn
MVP

Post by Gwenolyn » February 1st, 2014, 5:43 pm

Oh my. That seems odd. Why would they do that?

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » February 1st, 2014, 5:54 pm

Wow, that sucks. I had no idea. It seems like one of those many Cataclysm oversights and they should make it available through other means. This does explain why those yeti kept selling much better than the other engineering pets. Really weird that they took that recipe out.

Harpua
Pet Score:4602
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpua » February 1st, 2014, 6:52 pm

I would guess that what drops from Blingtron would be the pet rather than the recipe. I know I received the Mechanical Dragonling once. Of course the best way to make sure it drops from Blingtron is to buy one off the AH. Then you'll get it right away ;)

The comments on Wowhead pretty much tell the story. A couple of players submitted tickets and copy/pasted the responses. http://www.wowhead.com/item=21277/tranq ... i#comments

I'm guessing it wasn't removed from the game. Probably a broken link somewhere that doesn't allow the quest to come up.

At any rate, if you're an engineer, don't waste your time on the quest (unless you just want to prove it's missing). And if you can make it, then there's no use in selling it cheap. I doubt they will fix the quest with a new xpac and all.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 2nd, 2014, 7:52 am

Its shocking if they removed this recipe from engineers. I'm soo glad I got mine many years ago just wish the pet sold for more, but glad we get more than 300g on bonechewer and its a good lil pet to have in your stable too. :D Its not very expensive to make another plus. I'm a few points off getting my engineer to 600 and can't wait :)

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » February 4th, 2014, 10:15 pm

Damn. I knew I should have leveled up my engineer sooner!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD