Addon Rematch

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Re: Addon Rematch

Post by Kpb321 » January 23rd, 2014, 11:08 pm

First comment after installing the addon and trying it out. I had a little trouble using the leveling queue initially because I tried to drag a pet from my team in the rematch window to the leveling queue or the leveling queue to the team and it didn't work. Had to use the help and figure out I had to drag it from the pet journal to the leveling queue and it was pretty smooth sailing from there.

Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Astraldr0p » January 24th, 2014, 5:19 am

This is the only pet addon I use. I didnt like the other team one since whats the point of having to save it and load it when this does it automatically. It helps with the leveling too for the peg to use. Really underrated and yea, I just love it :D

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » January 24th, 2014, 8:30 am

[url=http://textsnip.com/pyo39e]This[/url] is my saved variables file.

I open Rematch with /rematch and press the Esc key. I get [url=http://textsnip.com/r14914]this[/url] Lua error.

I have the following pets in my 3 slots:
- Cornish Rex Cat 25
- Terrible Turnip 25
- Emperor Crab 25

When I mouse over Hyuna the addon loads the following:
- Emerald Proto-Whelp in slot 1 (slot 1 of my Hyuna team)
- Yellow Moth in slot 2 (slot 3(!) of my Hyuna team)
- Cornish Rex Cat in slot 3, definitely NOT a leveling pet because it's 25.

Maybe your addon has problems if the leveling slot is not the last one?

Edit: This was my fault. Leaving a slot empty is not the same as marking it as leveling slot.

And yesterday I got spammed by [url=http://textsnip.com/yjuu9z]this[/url] error message while mousing over Hyuna but I cannot reproduce it today. Maybe it helps you anyway.

I have a team with only 1 level 1 pet in it. I use that to check if a spawn has a rare pet in it. Looks like I cannot load such a team with Rematch because it just leaves the other two slots unchanged from whatever they were.
Last edited by Kring on January 27th, 2014, 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » January 24th, 2014, 3:04 pm

Thanks for the details. Should have a fix up tonight or tomorrow.
I have a team with only 1 level 1 pet in it. I use that to check if a spawn has a rare pet in it. Looks like I cannot load such a team with Rematch because it just leaves the other two slots unchanged from whatever they were.
Sadly it has never occurred to me that someone would want no pet loaded in a slot. But that does make sense. Noted this for a future fix.

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » January 24th, 2014, 3:26 pm

Kring,

I don't have any teams that have the leveling pet as the last pet. For no particular reason I picked the middle slot as my "leveling" slot in PBT except for those 2 fights where I want the leveling pet to be my first pet. I've had no problems with rematch using my second slot as my leveling slot. I did find that the lock leveling pet setting seems to be unneeded for normal use and maybe a little confusingly named. If you have a leveling spot in your teams you don't need that setting turned on. It seems like you only need it turned on if you want to force your leveling pet into teams that don't have a leveling pet set. Really screwed up my legendary team when a leveling pet push out one of the pets I wanted.

I did have problems when I tried to load my two teams from PBT that had an empty first slot. The current team for the Rematch window didn't update until I manually dragged a pet into the empty first slot. Only then did the other slots update to show my team. Probably similar to your single pet team issue.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » January 24th, 2014, 4:18 pm

Ok, I have so far just set up my teams for this... in addition to wild pet battles, I am using the Outland pet battle dailies which do not award bags to top off my level 24 pets to level 25. I have not yet gone back for a run to test out the auto-team switch yet, but the leveling pet in the Outland teams switched with no issues. For standard leveling (level 1-23), I think I will continue to switch the leveling pet manually (at least for now), because I like to use my lowest level pets against the other tamers (with the exceptions that I always use a Critter vs the Pandaren Earth Spirit and never use an Elemental vs Aki).

It would be nice if there were some visual indication of which pets in the journal list were queued in the leveling pet list rather than having to right click each pet in turn. I have so many pets to add to the list that I got confused.

Kring

Post by Kring » January 27th, 2014, 4:00 am

I was finally able to test the new version 2.2.3 during the weekend and have some more feedback.

The way you mark a slot as leveling slot is very very hard to grasp, at least for me. I've loaded my teams from Pet Battle Team and saved it with Rematch. There was no warning that the empty slot is going to be a problem.
  • There should be a warning sign if a slot is empty.
  • I then tried to "mark" the slot as leveling slot.
    • The most obvious things to me was to right click on the empty slot, which opened a context menu but did not offer an option like "mark/unmark as leveling slot".
    • I put a low level pet into the slot which... just kept the low level pet in that slot. :-)
I figured it out but I think I'm not the only Pet Battle Teams user who doesn't get this immediately. :-)
Gello wrote:
I've looked at the saved variables file and it looks like you save only the pet GUID of a team but not the species ID. I think these GUID aren't guaranteed to be immutable and patches can and will change them. This was the reason why Pet Battle Teams sometimes lost all teams. You should also save the species ID.
That's a very good point. I'll make this a high priority. It will be:

["Ka'wi the Gorger"] = {
{
"0x0000000001157578", -- [1] (petID)
921, -- [2] (ability1)
920, -- [3] (ability2)
919, -- [4] (ability3)
123, -- [5] (speciesID)
}, -- [1]

It does check at important points to make sure petID remains valid, but this will be nice it can fetch the speciesID when the petID fails. And actually that can greatly simplify the caging process. Excellent suggestion thanks!
The issue behub reported on the wowinterface page looked exactly like Pet Battle Teams looks after the petIDs got reset. And with the problems Blizzard has at the moment (servers going offline like it was 2003 again) I wouldn't be surprised if some users got new petIDs assigned.

Besides that, I think it would also be good to save a triplet of petID, speciesID and level for the leveling queue. I can imagine some users to add hundreds pet to the queue only to be mildly annoyed if that ever gets reset. :-)

Feature Requests:
  • As already mentioned, groups. I would need at least 5 groups. (tamer (Everything that's automatically selected by Rematch. I don't have to see that.), celestial tournaments, catch groups, working pvp teams, pvp teams to try out) Doesn't matter to me if you add buttons or collapsible menus.
    • A button to show/hide white teams could help, especially if we don't have groups. I don't have to see my white teams normally. But yes, groups would probably make this requirement no longer needed.
  • It should be possible to create the export string for all/multiple groups (for backup purposes) and to import multiple strings at once.
  • We need a minimap button to show/hide Rematch, like Skada has.
  • Rematch should hide during pet battles, I don't think there's a reason to keep it visible during a fight?
  • For every team we should be able to define how much damage the carry pet gets (e.g. 600 beast damage) and Rematch would use the top most pet from the queue that can survive 600 beast damage (901 hp critter or 601 hp any other pet).
  • For every team we should be able to define a max hp the carry pet can have. This is very important for trainer that use a swap spell, like Lil' Ondasta. We don't need to specify a level.
  • I'm quite sure that most people do the same as I and mark all pets they would like to level as favorite. If Rematch could use the following logic for selecting a leveling pet, this would be awesome. The idea behind this is that the leveling queue is for pets that I want to level now. Because I need them for PvP, the celestial tournament or something else. But if I don't have any specific pet to level, Rematch could as well level the pet that gains the most XP automatically.
    • If there are some pets in the leveling queue, use the topmost pet that fits the current tamer requirements (enough hp to survive it, not to much if max hp is selected). Use even level 24 pets because you put pets into the queue you want to level.
    • If the leveling queue is empty, do the following:
      • Create a list of all rare pets marked as favorites that aren't level 25 yet. (Don't level my green level 1 pets where I still miss stones. :-)
      • Remove all pets from that list that don't match the tamer requirements (not enough hp to survive it, to much hp).
      • We know [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829]at which level a tamer rewards the most XP[/url]. For all of pandaria this is level 10 or 11. Pick a pet (at random) from level 10 or 11 (if it's a pandaria tamer) and use this pet for this tamer as leveling pet. If there's no pet at level 10 or 11, pick one with level 9 or 12. And so on.
Oh, and I had an error while selecting a team in Pet Battle Teams with an empty first pet with 2.2.3: [url]http://textsnip.com/7zjuka[/url]

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 27th, 2014, 9:14 am

For one of the feature requests mentioned above, if you want an equation for which pet nets the most exp, it's:

(enemy_pet_level - 4)/2

For results less than 1 (enemy_pet_level in range 1-5), level 1 nets the most exp

For decimal values:
If x.5, both x and x+1 are max and equal
Tamer with 25 level pets = (25-4)/2 = 10.5 ==> 10 & 11

EDIT: A comment on Kring's last feature request. If you do implement an auto queuing system as suggested, please make sure it is an option and off by default . Everyone is a little different in how they do things (as I am sure you are aware).
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gello

Post by Gello » January 27th, 2014, 2:44 pm

This is good feedback thanks guys for taking the time to give it.

I'll see about getting an indicator of a pet's leveling status on the journal.

Sorry about poor support for empty slots. I'll consider some changes to make it easier to migrate from PBT.

The auto-auto queue is a great idea (and definitely as an option that will be off by default).

For leveling pet restrictions, along with a minimum hp and a maximum level, would another field for optimum level be adequate? For instance if you save/edit a pandaren tamer team you can enter 10.5 and it will pick a leveling pet closest to that level.

I can see a desire to be able to do wild battles across varied levels and have optimum pets picked, but for the time being this would be saved teams only. So short term: optimum level saved to a team. Maybe long term: swap in optimum leveling pet when you mouseover a wild pet if one of your loaded pets is a leveling pet.

And every occurance of "optimum" is with regard to level. Getting pet type strengths/vulnerabilities into the mix is not off the table but it's a level of complexity that'd have to wait until a system is more solidified.

Perhaps an option to rotate leveling with a leveling queue sort order? When the option is checked, after a battle it complete it will rotate in the next pet in the queue. Then you can sort the queue by ascending level, descending level and distance-from-10.5. So while the big pet treat is up, you can rotate through the mid-leveled pets only. Then after it fades you can switch to descending to top off the pets towards 25; or go back to ascending to get more pets up into mid-level range for the next pet treat session.

My focus has been getting a browser attached but I think the speciesID will trump that for now.

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » January 27th, 2014, 4:45 pm

A couple more thoughts after a couple days using it.

1) On your current team if you right click on a leveling pet you get a couple options like stop leveling, etc. I'd love to have a move end of queue option there.

There are various different reasons why I sometimes want to move the currently selected pet out such as the pet is going to take extra damage from ae attacks from the next trainer or I save my pets with Cleansing rain to use on Farmer Nishi. Currently, I have to pop open the full window and get into the queue to do this. Sure it would be great if rematch could be setup to know not to use a magic pet against the Pandaran Water Spirit because of the large amount of aquatic dmg but just making it easier for me to do manually would be nice.

2) Add a button for pet treat.

On the right hand side you've got pet heal and band aid already. Add a third button for the lesser treat along with a timer on it and some sort of highlight when I don't have the food buff up. Maybe a Control or alt click to apply the full pet treat but those aren't as plentiful so I don't know if it gets you as much.

I also ran into an issue with the team swapping that I'm not sure you can resolve. I have another pet add on that automatically accepts quests and starts battles for me. (not sure which pet related add on does this off hand but it is one of them). On the trainers everything is fine because first click accepts the quest and loads my team. Second starts the battle and everything is fine. For the legendaries you already have the quest so the first click starts the battle and they do that before you switch pets so if I fly up to the legendary and right click on them it doesn't get my pets in and spams a bunch of pet battle already started messages. I turned on the load teams on hover option and avoids the issue then but it makes it hard to edit teams sometimes as accidentally mousing over the npc while trying to change the team will reset it back to the saved team. I'm probably going to turn that option back off and just try to modify my behavior to select the legendaries before I get close enough to engage but it's habit to just land and click on them so that will be retraining.

Kring

Post by Kring » January 28th, 2014, 3:39 am

Gello wrote:For leveling pet restrictions, along with a minimum hp and a maximum level, would another field for optimum level be adequate? For instance if you save/edit a pandaren tamer team you can enter 10.5 and it will pick a leveling pet closest to that level.
I can see that to be confusing to anyone but the few people who participated in this thread.

But besides that, yes, that would be even better. I could set the Pandaria tamer to 10.5 for optimal XP and I could set Trixxi to 1 for bringing babies up to level 6.
Gello wrote:I can see a desire to be able to do wild battles across varied levels and have optimum pets picked, but for the time being this would be saved teams only. So short term: optimum level saved to a team. Maybe long term: swap in optimum leveling pet when you mouseover a wild pet if one of your loaded pets is a leveling pet.
Are people really leveling their pets in bulk against level 10 pets?
Gello wrote:Perhaps an option to rotate leveling with a leveling queue sort order? When the option is checked, after a battle it complete it will rotate in the next pet in the queue. Then you can sort the queue by ascending level, descending level and distance-from-10.5. So while the big pet treat is up, you can rotate through the mid-leveled pets only. Then after it fades you can switch to descending to top off the pets towards 25; or go back to ascending to get more pets up into mid-level range for the next pet treat session.
That sounds like an excellent idea.

What could be useful together with that would be options for:
  • Delete the whole leveling queue.
  • Import all favorites into the leveling queue.
  • Import all rare quality favorites into the leveling queue.
  • Import all non-25 pets into the leveling queue.
  • Import all rare quality non-25 pets into the leveling queue.

Gello

Post by Gello » January 28th, 2014, 6:47 am

1) On your current team if you right click on a leveling pet you get a couple options like stop leveling, etc. I'd love to have a move end of queue option there.
This will be in next update.
One very big problem with pet treats is Blizzard does not allow addons to target (or target spells) companion pets. They did this to stop an exploit. If I put the button there it'd be for casting only and it'd be up to the user to target it onto a battle pet.
I also ran into an issue with the team swapping that I'm not sure you can resolve.
if I fly up to the legendary and right click on them it doesn't get my pets in and spams a bunch of pet battle already started messages
Unfortunately we can't swap in pets once battle has started. It's too late to decide what to load after a right-click. That said, I understand the problem. The binding to toggle auto-load was mostly for this, to temporarily disable auto-loading when you want to change up pets. I may put a button on the main screen to toggle auto-load too. I toyed with ways to temporarily disable auto-load (for like 5 minutes after a manual change) but they didn't work out well. Perhaps something to think on.
I can see that to be confusing to anyone but the few people who participated in this thread.
Probably. A queue sort order and min hp/max level may lessen the need for this too.
Delete the whole leveling queue.
Import all favorites into the leveling queue.
Import all rare quality favorites into the leveling queue.
Import all non-25 pets into the leveling queue.
Import all rare quality non-25 pets into the leveling queue.
Good idea. Likely the leveling queue will graduate to a bigger frame that pops out, with a checkbutton at the bottom for 'Auto Rotate' and then a Filter like button with context menus to choose sort order and import options.

Kring

Post by Kring » January 28th, 2014, 8:41 am

Gello wrote:
I also ran into an issue with the team swapping that I'm not sure you can resolve.
if I fly up to the legendary and right click on them it doesn't get my pets in and spams a bunch of pet battle already started messages
Unfortunately we can't swap in pets once battle has started. It's too late to decide what to load after a right-click. That said, I understand the problem. The binding to toggle auto-load was mostly for this, to temporarily disable auto-loading when you want to change up pets. I may put a button on the main screen to toggle auto-load too. I toyed with ways to temporarily disable auto-load (for like 5 minutes after a manual change) but they didn't work out well. Perhaps something to think on.
I'm quite sure that most people who do the trainers use the Daily Tamer Check addon and have it feed the waypoints to TomTom. These waypoints are named. You could now scan TomTom for the name of the next waypoint and if it's a name of a white team, preload that team.

No, I'm not serious. :-) I think the easiest solution would be to just left-click the beast before engaging it. I'm also working on changing my habit. :-)
Gello wrote:
Probably. A queue sort order and min hp/max level may lessen the need for this too.
Delete the whole leveling queue.
Import all favorites into the leveling queue.
Import all rare quality favorites into the leveling queue.
Import all non-25 pets into the leveling queue.
Import all rare quality non-25 pets into the leveling queue.
Good idea. Likely the leveling queue will graduate to a bigger frame that pops out, with a checkbutton at the bottom for 'Auto Rotate' and then a Filter like button with context menus to choose sort order and import options.
The less we have to configure per team, the better. I like your queue sort idea. All we need is a way to sort the queue by distance to a level.
  • Sort by distance to level 1 for Trixxi and Hyuna if you would like to level the smallest pet.
  • Sort by distance to level 10.5 for all Pandaria tamers for maximal XP.
  • Sort by distance to level 25 for wild battles to finish off pets.
  • Disable sorting and select "Start leveling" for Kovok if you would like to level Kovok now.
Yes, we don't need more options. All can be done with a sortable queue.

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » January 28th, 2014, 12:15 pm

Gello wrote:
One very big problem with pet treats is Blizzard does not allow addons to target (or target spells) companion pets. They did this to stop an exploit. If I put the button there it'd be for casting only and it'd be up to the user to target it onto a battle pet.
I'd still like to see that as it can save me from having to find them in my bags and can still add a timer and notification when the buff is down but it is disappointing you can't target for us.
I wasn't sure if there was a way you could make sure your swap happened first before the auto start battle happened but I understand if you can't.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » January 29th, 2014, 7:06 pm

I've only gotten to spend about 20 mins with the addon so far. Below are some of my initial impressions. I realize some of these were already mentioned and you are looking into them. I'm kinda odd in how I remember things though, so I wanted to lay stuff out as I remember it or else I might forget to include things. I'm sometimes succinct with how I say things, but none of this is meant to be an angry or even annoyed kind of thing. Just laying out some thoughts.
Kring wrote:I was finally able to test the new version 2.2.3 during the weekend and have some more feedback.

The way you mark a slot as leveling slot is very very hard to grasp, at least for me. I've loaded my teams from Pet Battle Team and saved it with Rematch. There was no warning that the empty slot is going to be a problem.
  • There should be a warning sign if a slot is empty.
  • I then tried to "mark" the slot as leveling slot.
    • The most obvious things to me was to right click on the empty slot, which opened a context menu but did not offer an option like "mark/unmark as leveling slot".
    • I put a low level pet into the slot which... just kept the low level pet in that slot. :-)
I figured it out but I think I'm not the only Pet Battle Teams user who doesn't get this immediately. :-)
I'll echo this and I know you are looking into it per your earlier post. To give you an idea of my process/mindset, here is what I did.
1. Took a few minutes trying to figure out how to import pets from PBT to Rematch. Didn't find anything on the addon itself and the normal things that addons do "/rematch help" didn't really do anything. I tried tried the inframe "help" button, but it didn't reference the import option (that I saw at least). Finally remembered that I saw how to do that on the wowinterface page and went back and read that. I probably could have checked here too, but for whatever reason, not being able to figure it out ingame kinda threw my train of thought for a bit.

2. Played with the interface, bringing up teams that I loaded (figured out things like single click vs double click, what drags where, set some options, etc). I noticed that clicking on a former PBT team (no modifications yet) with a middle empty levelling slot ended up shoving the team's 3rd pet into the 2nd slot and keeping whatever previous third pet I had in that slot. I thought I had bugged it up.

3. I assumed that I haven't told the addon that the empty slot was the levelling slot, so I went about trying to figure out how to set that slot as a levelling slot. I tried right clicking it, but no menu options there. I tried right clicking it in the small icon team list, which did nothing. I even tried right clicking the queue slot for an option (at this point is was empty).

4. After sitting there staring at it for a few mins, it occurred to me I don't have any pets in the queue, so I loaded a pet into the queue. That didn't do anything immediately that I noticed, so I tried moving that same pet into my teams on the ingame interface, which made it show up in rematch. At this point, I could right click the slot and set it as levelling pet. Now we are in business.

5. I flew out to the thundering spirit. I went ahead and updated my team name to be exactly the same as the spirit's. Just to test something I picked a totally different team, then clicked on the spirit for the auto load. The thundering team loaded as expected....then I thought...wait a minute, I thought you had to save it to the NPC and make the name white for the auto load (hadn't done that yet). I still haven't gone back to look up if that is supposed to happen or not (probably is). I'll read up on the addon a bit more.

6. Once I had everything figured out, I went around to all the Pandaria Tamers and set them up. Tonight I'll hit up some of the older tamers. Then I'll play with the queue some.

Again, sorry that most of this was already said and responded too. I was more trying to provide some data into possible reasons people try things in the hopes that helps you adjust the addon to try to facilitate better usage.

All in all, I think it is a really great addon. Someone mentioned a right click to move the current pet to the bottom of the queue. I am glad you are adding that to the next update as I tend to level with long term ambitions, so I build a list of level 10/11 pets and go through and use each one on a different tamer. A move to the bottom of the queue option will really be awesome for someone like me (I hate the idea of losing 33% of my possible EXP).

Gello

Post by Gello » January 29th, 2014, 7:42 pm

I wasn't sure if there was a way you could make sure your swap happened first before the auto start battle happened but I understand if you can't.
Fortunately I was wrong. I knew they loosened pet-swapping restrictions relatively recently, but after testing today it looks like whole teams can be swapped in one go instead of over time. Even loading many teams very fast was fine. So the 2.2.4 update over on wowinterface should now allow the auto load to work without the mouseover option.

Everyone who was training themselves to not right-click right away can go back to right clicking. :D

I'm waiting until this weekend to post the update over at curse just to make sure this one goes smoothly. There's an explanation why in the comments at wowinterface.
1. Took a few minutes trying to figure out how to import pets from PBT to Rematch. Didn't find anything on the addon itself and the normal things that addons do "/rematch help" didn't really do anything. I tried tried the inframe "help" button, but it didn't reference the import option (that I saw at least). Finally remembered that I saw how to do that on the wowinterface page and went back and read that. I probably could have checked here too, but for whatever reason, not being able to figure it out ingame kinda threw my train of thought for a bit.
Sorry about that. To be honest, it felt kind of shady adding the option to begin with. In years past I've seen great addons/ideas co-opted by newer versions that aggressively advertised themselves over the original. This was especially bad with ace addons like Fubar that advertised itself as being hyper efficient while copying down every inefficient mechanism of their predecessor (Titan Panel in this case, which was a remake of Telo's Infobar if any remember back that far).

I don't like to discourage the use of other addons. PBT deserves its venerable spot as the go-to battle pet team addon. This one should live or die on its own merits and even adding the "hidden" slash command felt like it was "stealing" PBT's users.

That said, I'll consider a one-time pop-up if both Rematch and PBT are enabled, whether to import PBT teams.
2. Played with the interface, bringing up teams that I loaded (figured out things like single click vs double click, what drags where, set some options, etc). I noticed that clicking on a former PBT team (no modifications yet) with a middle empty levelling slot ended up shoving the team's 3rd pet into the 2nd slot and keeping whatever previous third pet I had in that slot. I thought I had bugged it up.
The 2.2.4 update on wowinterface (curse will have 2.2.3 until this weekend to make sure things are working smoothly) will handle empty slots now.

As I mentioned over there, the concept of wanting empty slots was kinda alien to me. If a team only had two valid pets, it would load those two alongside whatever existing pet you had up. The latest update now treats empty slots as a valid pet and you can export/import them and stuff too.
3. I assumed that I haven't told the addon that the empty slot was the levelling slot, so I went about trying to figure out how to set that slot as a levelling slot. I tried right clicking it, but no menu options there. I tried right clicking it in the small icon team list, which did nothing. I even tried right clicking the queue slot for an option (at this point is was empty).

4. After sitting there staring at it for a few mins, it occurred to me I don't have any pets in the queue, so I loaded a pet into the queue. That didn't do anything immediately that I noticed, so I tried moving that same pet into my teams on the ingame interface, which made it show up in rematch. At this point, I could right click the slot and set it as levelling pet. Now we are in business.
Yeah more work needs done here. Empty slots in the new update have a right-click menu. But I think it'll help if I put a 'Put leveling pet here' even if no pets in the queue, but have it disabled with a tooltip to mention that you need leveling pets in the queue for it to work.
5. I flew out to the thundering spirit. I went ahead and updated my team name to be exactly the same as the spirit's. Just to test something I picked a totally different team, then clicked on the spirit for the auto load. The thundering team loaded as expected....then I thought...wait a minute, I thought you had to save it to the NPC and make the name white for the auto load (hadn't done that yet). I still haven't gone back to look up if that is supposed to happen or not (probably is). I'll read up on the addon a bit more.
That's expected behavior. You can set up all your teams in town by carefully naming them after their NPC name. If your target something of the same name as a team, the auto-business kicks in. What the white name does is lock it to a specific NPC ID. For instance if you have a Blingtron 4000 or Lorewalker Cho team saved by name with no NPC ID (ie, a gold team), you'll get the auto-business of the real Blingtrons out in the world and all the Lorewalker Chos. When you save it at the NPC to store the NPC ID (and it becomes a while team), it will ignore all the Blingtron 4000s and Lorewalker Chos out in the world except for the ones you saved it at.
Again, sorry that most of this was already said and responded too. I was more trying to provide some data into possible reasons people try things in the hopes that helps you adjust the addon to try to facilitate better usage.
Don't be sorry! Even if it's the same thing others said, it helps to prioritize what to look at, and different perspectives help.

Thanks again as always!

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » January 29th, 2014, 8:28 pm

Thanks! I'll try and update to the new version tonight. I grabbed the version that was current this morning and played with it while I was waiting for my car to warm up for work. I'll try the newer revision over the next couple of nights.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » January 29th, 2014, 9:39 pm

Just checked out the new version. Empty slots are definitely a lot less abrasive now, which I like (doesn't move teams around that I can tell). I like the right click option to add the levelling pet to an empty slot as well. Much more intuitive than before. I am having addon issues with the cue. I had one pet in the queue for the last version so I could make teams. I was gonna try and remove it so I could see what breaks the addon. However, when I hover over a pet in the queue, if I try to right click on that pet, I get a lua error:
Message: Interface\AddOns\Rematch\main.lua:942: Usage: GetPetLoadOutInfo(slot)
Time: 01/29/14 21:36:49
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: in function `GetPetLoadOutInfo'
Interface\AddOns\Rematch\main.lua:942: in function `ShowDropDown'
Interface\AddOns\Rematch\leveling.lua:122: in function `LevelingSlotOnClick'
[string "*:OnClick"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
I would empty the queue and restart it to see if that fixes the issue, but I don't have a way to remove it without the right click menu.

The pet in the queue is a level 16 White Tickbird Hatchling [S/S]

EDIT: I found that adding another pet to the queue somehow fixes the issue. Maybe having one pet in the queue when upgrading to 2.2.4 messed up something. Adding a pet fixes the queue, even when I remove the new pet, leaving the original pet that was having issues. Still something to have on your radar is someone else has a similar problem.

Gello

Post by Gello » January 29th, 2014, 9:45 pm

However, when I hover over a pet in the queue, if I try to right click on that pet, I get a lua error:
Woops, I know what causes that. Fix will be up tonight. In the meantime if you right-click one of your current pets along the top, the queue will behave.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » January 29th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Thanks!

Empty Queue:
When I empty the queue, pet teams start acting like they did in 2.2.3. The carry pet slots disappear and the third pet in your team moves to 2nd slot (if you use the middle slot for the carry pet) and the third slot is filled with something else from the previous team. Putting pets back in the queue fixes things the next time you load the team. Is there a way to mark the carry pet slot as empty when the queue is empty (or some other means of maintaining the team order) or is that difficult?
EDIT: to be clear, empty slots still work with an empty queue. It's teams that have a levelling slot when you empty the queue that acts this way.

Collision Detection:
This is an OCD style thing. When you click in the top middle of the window to drag it somewhere, even though the mouse is inside the "Current Battle Pets" plate, if it is above the border of the rest of the window, it moves the screen rather than the window. Not a huge issue, but something to consider. I've been rotating my screen a lot today lol.