Pet Safari Changesd

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ankar
Top Rater
Pet Score:3438
Realm:Dawnbringer-us
Pet Safari Changesd

Post by Ankar » January 23rd, 2014, 7:23 pm

I think they should remove the Qiraji Guardling from the Kalimdor Safari.

Why? Well it is seasonal for beginners. YOu dont see the Snowy owl on the EK one.. so why the Guad=rdling?

Pyy
Top Rater
Pet Score:11087
Realm:Barthilas-us

Re: Pet Safari Changesd

Post by Pyy » January 23rd, 2014, 7:31 pm

The Snowy Owl isn't on the Eastern Kingdoms list because it's on the Kalimdor list. I'm fine with it being on the list, but it would be nice if they made them available for half the year like the two seasonal fish, though.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » January 23rd, 2014, 10:36 pm

Not every ach is meant to be completable here and now. Just look at the world event meta taking a whole year of diligence to complete.

Surely you can live without Zookeeper for a while.

Post by Guest » January 24th, 2014, 5:37 am

I returned to WoW having missed the Snowy Owl by 2 days and had to wait 9 months to catch one.
I don't see the issue with it.

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » January 27th, 2014, 11:53 pm

I missed out on the Snowy Owl last year because I wasn't aware of the Seasonal clause to capture it. Yes, the long wait for my chance to finish the achievement was aggravating - but well worth it. It's a great title and indeed worth the effort. I think the requirements for it should stay as is.
@TamerWakamaru

Cyntaria
Pet Score:13726
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Cyntaria » January 28th, 2014, 3:55 pm

I didn't start seriously pet collecting this expansion until after I was geared and ready to raid. I spent most of my time in dungeons and LFR.

Because I prioritized gearing my toon instead of pet collecting / battles I wasn't aware of the seasonal requirements for some pets. I missed the Snowy Owl by a matter of days. For several months it was the only pet I needed for World Safari and my Zookeeper title. You bet I was there to catch it as soon as it became winter again.

With the Qirji Guardling, I gave it a week or so for the influx of people to die down over there and then went in off-peak hours (like 3am in the morning) to catch it.

I kinda like the seasonal aspect to the Achievements. It gives them a little flavor and adds to the sense of a true accomplishment.

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » January 29th, 2014, 1:15 pm

I started collecting a couple of weeks after the Snowy Owl went into hibernation. It was one of only two pets I needed for months to complete the Zookeeper. The good thing about needing it was that it kept me from getting too frustrated about that misbegotten Minfernal. Once I finally got that sorry pile of rocks it was a little annoying to have to wait for the Snowy Owl, but at least the end was in sight and I knew when it was coming.

However; if you think nine months is too long to get an achievement, don't, repeat don't bother with the three year Children's Week pet achievement. :D

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » January 30th, 2014, 4:26 am

Dolz wrote:I started collecting a couple of weeks after the Snowy Owl went into hibernation.
Yeah, this was me in 2013. Picked it up over a long weekend at home ill, early-March and soon realised I'd missed the owl for 6 months or so. By the time I'd come to collect it, it was the final rare wild spawn to get, gave me a handful of achievements and was the cherry on the icing on the cake.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » January 30th, 2014, 1:33 pm

I like the seasonal pets being part of the achievment. It gives you something to look forward to, rather than just going around aimlessly capturing pets. We all had to wait until June for the Qiraji Guardling, when the expansion released late september. We even had to wait until december 21st for the Snowy Owl. People can wait if they missed one of the seasonals. You wait for the world events don't you?